You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I knew but still lost!?

Think he was chip leader, i was 81% sure he had AK
jolie Small blind  40.00 40.00 11340.00
s1972 Big blind  80.00 120.00 3486.50
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • J

migwhi84 Fold     
HuFlungPu Raise  240.00 360.00 4495.00
COLIN Raise  880.00 1240.00 17921.00
jolie Fold     
s1972 Fold     
HuFlungPu Call  640.00 1880.00 3855.00
Flop

• Q

HuFlungPu Bet  81.00 1961.00 3774.00
COLIN Raise  560.00 2521.00 17361.00
HuFlungPu Raise  3773.00 6294.00 1.00
COLIN Call  3294.00 9588.00 14067.00
Turn

• A

HuFlungPu Check     
COLIN Bet  80.00 9668.00 13987.00
HuFlungPu All-in  1.00 9669.00 0.00
COLIN Unmatched bet  79.00 9590.00 14066.00
HuFlungPu Show
  • Q
  • J

COLINShow
  • K
  • A

River

COLIN Win Two Pairs, Aces and 5s 9590.00  23656.00

Was 100% sure he had AK when he pushed me all in after turn

Should i fold ?

i mean i knew i was losing so sitting here now i really wish i had that chip

Comments

• edited December 2009
    hihuflung---personally I would'nt have called his reraise for that portion of my stack, he had no reason to be making silly moves and q-j in that situation is too risky imo--I think the only reason you called was because it was a colin--don't let them tilt ya m8, they ain't worth it ---innit--lol
  • edited December 2009
      Simply put you played it badly preflop by calling, he played it badly on the flop by calling your big reraise and there was nothing you could do on the turn.

But statistically you should be aware that Colins get a higher proportion of better hands than other people. So always fold to them
  • edited December 2009

2 options for me, either lay it down to the re raise pre flop - a common response.
    Or play it like a small pair, limp in pre, then call his rase, this way u see a flop with a pretty hand for 240 instead of 900 and ensure pot control. As it was youve put nearly a quarter of ur stack in pre flop. - This way as the hand played out, you dont go broke. Might get married to your top pair abit but shouldn't lose the lot
    I think the pre flop action encouraged you to play it so strongly, as the pot got too big too soon.
    Btw he played his AK very well considering the stack size he had, putting pressure on the small stak wenever possible.

DOHH

• edited December 2009
    I agree, you want to aim for pot control with QJ preflop and fold to a 3bet, calling QJ out of position is a horrible play.
  • edited December 2009
    Agree with limp-calling preflop if it's cheap enough. At the end of the day, to any considerable action preflop JQ should be played like a suited connector, you can test the water to see if top pair is good on the flop but I'm getting out of the way to a reraise or if I get called I'm check-calling at the very most unless I improve
  • edited December 2009
    He had pushed me off a a lot of pots, he was raising every time and i got very angry, i had to make a stand and the QJs looked so pretty esp after the flop.

and i love hearts
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: I knew but still lost!?:
    He had pushed me off a a lot of pots, he was raising every time and i got very angry, i had to make a stand and the QJs looked so pretty esp after the flop. and i love hearts
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    ohhhhh when poker gets personal it always ends in tears. U have 40 bbs, no need to 'make a stand' yet!
  • edited December 2009
     IF YOU WERE 100% SURE HE HAD AK I WOULD HAVE PUSHED ALL IN STRAIGHT AFTER THE FLOP BUT THEN OUR FRIEND COLIN MAY HAVE CALLED YOU ANY WAY. IVE HEARD HES LIKE THAT YOU KNOW
  • edited December 2009
    u let your emotions get the better of u  and hes raiseing was winding u up try to keep them under control and wait to make your move
  • edited December 2009
    He had pushed me off a a lot of pots, he was raising every time and i got very angry, i had to make a stand and the QJs looked so pretty esp after the flop. and i love hearts
    Posted by HuFlungPu

Had you been on the Colin Black Lable or the Colinsberg M8?

• edited December 2009

Hu.... you need to stop being a......

COLIN STATION!
  • edited December 2009
    Hu.... you need to stop being a......                             COLIN STATION!
    Posted by Rattious
    Lol...that ones better :D
  • edited December 2009
    Think u just played in ur usual donkey way m8 ;)

On flop u need to get ur money in while u think ur ahead - the worst thing u can do is put him on a hand, watch him hit that hand and then donate ur chips to him. Shame on u for spending that last chip lol!!
  • edited December 2009
    imo you should have folded after turn and saved your last quid lol
  • edited December 2009
    Hu.... you need to stop being a......                             COLIN STATION!
    Posted by Rattious
     Interesting side note on this, tonight during the posters freeroll the tables were moved about and a Colin was put on his table. He very quickly shouted COLIN in the chatbox and within 5 seconds gave all of his chips away
  • edited December 2009
     The poker geniuses and future world rulers known as Colins all have the measure of you now. It is only a matter of time before you give up and accept the supremeness of Colinhood