You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

varience

fairly new to poker and i have heard there are a few good books out there ro read, anyone suggest any certain books which they fould helpful and helped their game?

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Hi jordwin92,

Im currently reading" the mental game of poker by jared tendler" which is helping (not that my BR shows it lol) and i think others will recommend. For a good life story read then get the Devilfish book. 
    Good luck and hope that helps.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: varience:
    Hi jordwin92, Im currently reading" the mental game of poker by jared tendler" which is helping (not that my BR shows it lol) and i think others will recommend. For a good life story read then get the Devilfish book.  Good luck and hope that helps.
    Posted by JPW33
    thanks will have a look into it much appreciated
  • edited January 2013
    I've bought Mental Game, flicked through it, looks good - but just too tilty after bad beats at the mo to read it ;)

If you are looking for books to sort your poker head out you could also try Tommy Angelo's "Elements Of Poker".
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: varience:
    I've bought Mental Game, flicked through it, looks good - but just too tilty after bad beats at the mo to read it ;) If you are looking for books to sort your poker head out you could also try Tommy Angelo's "Elements Of Poker".
    Posted by step7
    well yeah i took a year out because i was spending too much on the cash and loosing, since coming back ive deposited a tenner and my bank roll looks really good atm ive cashed in a few tournaments, i think everyine just has bad habbits and if there is books that can teach me why they are bad and to turn it around that will be great thanks for your response
  • edited January 2013
    Just out of curiosty Jordwin, why did you call your post variance ?
  • edited January 2013
    i didnt know what else to put hahaha