You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Note box - data entry issues

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
I know this has been raised before by Beanah, but this is something that needs to be addressed.
It's got to a point know where it's just infruitaing trying to use it quickly while multi tabling.

Not big enough, more characters needed
Colour coding would be nice

Something happens where you can't go onto the last line or delete where you want to delete and idk exactly what's wroung but it was driven me nuts last night. I couldn't go back to the first line and delete, but also couldn't type in the 2nd line.
Cursor was just jumping from one line to another.

Maybe Beanah can explain the data issue better than me, it's just insane.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Hi R

Couldn't agree more. i made a template that i could copy and paste in but there's hardly any room to put extra info in. It can't be hard to leave more space in a box surely?
    On top of that i'd really like to add info when not at table say after having my rer all-in called by T4s pre by a big stack with the obv result.(i'm not bitter honestly (:-) but i did want to write in his info box). If there isn't a HUd then lets at least be able to put a fair amount of info.
  • edited January 2013
    Hey guys,

We are currently working on a new look poker table design, which some of you have seen at SPT Luton, and I believe Notes will be looked at during this too. I'll bring your comments to the team's attention too.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Note box - data entry issues:
    Hey guys, We are currently working on a new look poker table design, which some of you have seen at SPT Luton, and I believe Notes will be looked at during this too. I'll bring your comments to the team's attention too. Thanks, Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave

Well that's good to hear.
    Being advised of this plus date of the start of beta testing and actual expected release date would be good.
    Would be a good idead to have a section for community feedback to alert customers of upcoming upgrades, what's in beta testing, possible release dates.

Most of time all we hear is, "it's in production" - great but for how long - or just a big announcement regarding table re sizing then nothing for 6 months

Keep us in the loop )

• edited January 2013
    I found a bug in this too. I was on a dym table on which I had notes on all the players. I clicked on player 1 and saw their notes, I then clicked on player 2 and got an empty notes box. I definitely had notes on them, I closed the notes box and re-opened player 2's note box but what I had put on there had gone

It seems you have to close the note box before opening the notes on another player otherwise the info is lost. Not very user friendly and a harsh penalty for the hasty

Perhaps this is a known bug I wasn't aware of

Look forward to the new software
  • edited January 2013
    I regularly have the same problem when trying to type in the amount I want to bet.  Very annoying.
  • edited January 2013
    Big +   on colour coding i hate having to look on the cash tables and find there are no people u have notes on

unless u open the table up u realise u have notes on some 1 colour codes u have notes on people to look at before u open up a table will be great :)
  • edited January 2013
    Hey guys, We are currently working on a new look poker table design, which some of you have seen at SPT Luton, and I believe Notes will be looked at during this too. I'll bring your comments to the team's attention too. Thanks, Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Will the notes we have now on players, still be there on the new tables? 
    Hope they are transferred across and not lost forever, if you know what i mean.
  • edited January 2013
    I found a bug in this too. I was on a dym table on which I had notes on all the players. I clicked on player 1 and saw their notes, I then clicked on player 2 and got an empty notes box. I definitely had notes on them, I closed the notes box and re-opened player 2's note box but what I had put on there had gone It seems you have to close the note box before opening the notes on another player otherwise the info is lost. Not very user friendly and a harsh penalty for the hasty Perhaps this is a known bug I wasn't aware of Look forward to the new software
    Posted by QUICKFEET
    Just had the same happen.Lost notes on 2 players i play loads with!!
  • edited January 2013
    Was you writing notes on me rancid? You only need 4 words? "fish" ;D
  • edited January 2013
    There are so many things wrong with the softwear on Sky Poker that it's difficult to know where to begin. Tying to type notes when multi-tabling is a nightmare, each time it's my turn to act at another table I have to act and then begin typing again. Sometimes notes that I know I have made don't apear. Sometimes notes that I make on a player at one table don't apear on the same player at another table.

But notes are not the problem. How about the fact that sky poker doesn't have: prefered seating, auto-rebuy, table tiling so that the tables don't overlap, resizable tables, standardized re-raise options, time banks, or sit-out after next big blind.

These are all things that need to be addressed asap. At the moment I only play on Sky Poker if I can't play on my main computer (usually because it's late, the gf is in bed and the computer is in the bedroom so I play on the lap top). If these things were there to enable me to multi-table effectivly then I would play on Sky exclusivly. I've had so many times where I've missed a hand because I've been rotating the seating, or calculating how much to type in to raise to my desired amount. Or the times that I have been dealt AA after a cooler and found myself with 15BBs in my stack.

I just don't like playing here anymore, which is a shame. Because the community, genuinly is a nice place and I really like playing in £.

Sort it out Sky and I'll come back.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Note box - data entry issues : Will the notes we have now on players, still be there on the new tables?  Hope they are transferred across and not lost forever, if you know what i mean.
    Posted by FINS
    Same question
  • edited January 2013
    There are so many things wrong with the softwear on Sky Poker that it's difficult to know where to begin. Tying to type notes when multi-tabling is a nightmare, each time it's my turn to act at another table I have to act and then begin typing again. Sometimes notes that I know I have made don't apear. Sometimes notes that I make on a player at one table don't apear on the same player at another table. But notes are not the problem. How about the fact that sky poker doesn't have: prefered seating, auto-rebuy, table tiling so that the tables don't overlap, resizable tables, standardized re-raise options, time banks, or sit-out after next big blind. These are all things that need to be addressed asap. At the moment I only play on Sky Poker if I can't play on my main computer (usually because it's late, the gf is in bed and the computer is in the bedroom so I play on the lap top). If these things were there to enable me to multi-table effectivly then I would play on Sky exclusivly. I've had so many times where I've missed a hand because I've been rotating the seating, or calculating how much to type in to raise to my desired amount. Or the times that I have been dealt AA after a cooler and found myself with 15BBs in my stack. I just don't like playing here anymore, which is a shame. Because the community, genuinly is a nice place and I really like playing in £. Sort it out Sky and I'll come back.
    Posted by jugglegeek
    Tiling 6 tables on mine is fine but any more than that & they fly randomly all over the screen - really annoying if you hit it accidentally when in the middle of an tough decision.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Note box - data entry issues : Tiling 6 tables on mine is fine but any more than that & they fly randomly all over the screen - really annoying if you hit it accidentally when in the middle of an tough decision.
    Posted by clubhammer
    Same for every one :P Beanh posted a screen shot bfor of him pushing the tile button when he had 24 tables going i think? 24 or 18 not sure
  • edited January 2013
    Be nice if you could access notes on players from the lobby before you sit at a table.
  • edited January 2013
    Does anybody else ever get the screen where when you try and look at notes it just says loading you have to cancel and reclick it and hope it works the 2nd or 3rd time. In which time the decion you were trying to make timebar has run down and you have to make said descion as if you nerver had any notes on the player in the 1st place.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Note box - data entry issues : Same for every one :P Beanh posted a screen shot bfor of him pushing the tile button when he had 24 tables going i think? 24 or 18 not sure
    Posted by shaun09

18/24 tables I'd be totally bamboozled no matter how they were laid out- how do they do it !!
  • edited January 2013
    i can 15 table. havent tried any more yet, bu tliek you say some people have 2 screens to be able to play 24 tables