You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Has the donk been banned?

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat

Wasn't on yesterday so just catching up with the forum and I notice that all IDCU's post have been deleted......has he been banned? what for? how long for?

Comments

• edited January 2013
    I don't know Waller and even if I did no bannings are discussed on the forum.

I missed most of the posting through the day today but I'm getting a gist of what has happened today from what is left.

I will say that all posts made by a member 'hide' or 'go invis' if the member either self excludes or close their account, which means to say that just because his posts have disappeared it does not mean he has necessarily been banned.

Going to leave this thread open for now but will be on the look out for any overspill from whatever happened before.
  • edited January 2013
    Word is that he self-excluded himself for a few months.
  • edited January 2013
    Ok, Yeah I understand the rules about not discussing bans. Would just like to know if he has been banned as he is a forum great imo :)

If any inappropriate posts are made then I understand your need to close the thread. Cheers
  • edited January 2013
    yeh he said he asked for himself to be banned because the forum is like Sky Vegas, if it's there he will use it even though he doesn't want to. 

Dno if it's true or not, maybe he was actually banned and trying to spare his own blushes, either way it's mental and prob the most stoooooopid of all the stoooooopid things he's done.

gl him. 
  • edited January 2013
    Yeah word is it was voluntary ;)
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Has the donk been banned?:
    Word is that he self-excluded himself for a few months.
    Posted by percival09
    WOW....serious? Bit out of the blue. Did he blow his roll?

Never thought I'd say this but I will miss his posts, even the brags.
  • edited January 2013
    He put something on this morning but that's disappeared now too. I know that he was getting some, shall we say, polarised views last night on another thread he'd started which mentioned the end of his mtt challenge. Hope he's ok and it doesn't send him off kilter.Can someone contact him seperately, say email, as he has been known to start hitting the roulette machines etc.
  • edited January 2013
    Ah right, so he has "self excluded" from the forum only but will still be found on the tables?

Who am I gonna take the mick out of now :(
  • edited January 2013
    I've got friends who have both self excluded and closed there accounts down and after a 30 second search I can still see posts from both of them.
  • edited January 2013
    Don't wanna start any malicious posting and I've never been one to gossip (much) but why did he end his challenge.

And yeah +1 prof hope he is ok....I like the donk
  • edited January 2013
    I don't personally think he started the challenge with any intentions to complete it. It was probably a thread to brag that he has £3.5k in his account. 
  • edited January 2013
    I don't personally think he started the challenge with any intentions to complete it. It was probably a thread to brag that he has £3.5k in his account. 
    Posted by percival09
    I hear ya.

All I know is that donk comes across as a "flash in the pan" kinda guy and if he has indeed self excluded then he will regret it in the next few days.....prob regretting it already
  • edited January 2013
    FWIW On his profile page it says this;

"This community member's page is currently being reviewed by the editors."

A number of other players who have been banned recently have exactly the same statement on their profile pages.
  • edited January 2013
    I did reply on his post this morning suggesting nicely that he maybe should take a break from posting to concentrate on his game.
    Maybe he took my advice???
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Has the donk been banned? : WOW....serious? Bit out of the blue. Did he blow his roll? Never thought I'd say this but I will miss his posts, even the brags.
    Posted by waller02
    Don't know what you've got 'til it's gone ... :(
  • edited January 2013
    I did reply on his post this morning suggesting nicely that he maybe should take a break from posting to concentrate on his game. Maybe he took my advice???
    Posted by VespaPX
     Yea i saw it Vespa but he wouldn't take offence at that. It was put in an acceptable, non-aggressive way. I got the impression that he felt a bit picked on at times. Mind he didn't really help himself at times, did he? I do hope he's ok though as i get the feeling that poker and the forum are a big thing in his life. The forum would certainly be a less 'active' place if IDCU isn't on it.
  • edited January 2013

Hope so.............

j/k he probably reading this.............

what a knobhead.............

lol

gg

comeback we miss u
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Has the donk been banned? :  Yea i saw it Vespa but he wouldn't take offence at that. It was put in an acceptable, non-aggressive way. I got the impression that he felt a bit picked on at times. Mind he didn't really help himself at times, did he? I do hope he's ok though as i get the feeling that poker and the forum are a big thing in his life. The forum would certainly be a less 'active' place if IDCU isn't on it.
    Posted by profman15
    I certainly hope he didn't take offence as i've got nothing against the guy myself, just thought he should take a break.
    Yeh the forum will be a less active place without him.
    Wonder who's next to put their head above the parapet !
  • edited January 2013

4/1on he's still on mastercash tables tomorrow night.
  • edited January 2013
    Just spoken to him on one of his tables.

He is "sick of the haters" and has self excluded from the forum for 3 mnths

I told him the "haters" are def in the minority and he should grow some balls and thicker skin and come back in 3mnths.

LONG LIVE THE DONK!
  • edited January 2013
    Just spoken to him on one of his tables. He is "sick of the haters" and has self excluded from the forum for 3 mnths I told him the "haters" are def in the minority and he should grow some balls and thicker skin and come back in 3mnths. LONG LIVE THE DONK!
    Posted by waller02
      Nice one Waller

BTW thanks for the poker advice. What was it again...yes......

LONG LIVE THE DONK (BET?)

See you at the tables Steve, all the best fella....
  • edited January 2013
    How do you self exclude yourself from the forum only? Is it even possible?

I reckon he got banned.
  • edited January 2013
    How do you self exclude yourself from the forum only? Is it even possible? I reckon he got banned.
    Posted by NColley
    Ask an Admin/Mod to 'ban' you.

I love forums. Such drama!

• edited January 2013
    How do you self exclude yourself from the forum only? Is it even possible? I reckon he got banned.
    Posted by NColley
    My thoughts exactly. I reckon if you did self exclude it wouldnt delete all old posts either, dunno tho.

EDIT: or do it NoseyBonks way which would delete posts lol.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Has the donk been banned? : Ask an Admin /Mod to 'ban' you . I love forums. Such drama!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    If we were to be technical then that wouldn't be 'self' exclusion as somebody else would be excluding you ;)
  • edited January 2013
    Can never self exclude from reading them can you )

Probably the best thing he could of done tbh

• edited January 2013
    I will openly admit I gave him a hard time lol but we had good banter and I didn't give him any worse than he gave me. I'm pretty sure he doesn't take my comments to heart... hope the big baby is reading this... lol

Jokes :p

But nah, pretty stupid to self exclude imo, just have a bit of discipline. You seem to have found some discipline in your game, start using it in other aspects of your life.
  • edited January 2013

He's just massively paranoid and overly defensive, why u think he's such a nit and only plays the nuts.

He once folded QQ to a 15x reshove coz he thought he was 'flipping at best'   ;)

Nice bloke off the table in my experience, overly enthusiastic sometimes and massively touchy also, hope if his ban is self imposed sky make him sit out for a good 6 weeks at least. Could learn alot from it.

Anyway, as with others, I reckon this thread shud maybe be closed too as the OP has got his answer. 

He's a massive wally but that's all he is, no need to go any further than that, esp when he can't reply. 

gg donk, cya back in a few months! 
  • edited January 2013
    He's just massively paranoid and overly defensive, why u think he's such a nit and only plays the nuts. He once folded QQ to a 15x reshove coz he thought he was 'flipping at best'   ;) Nice bloke off the table in my experience, overly enthusiastic sometimes and massively touchy also, hope if his ban is self imposed sky make him sit out for a good 6 weeks at least. Could learn alot from it. Anyway, as with others, I reckon this thread shud maybe be closed too as the OP has got his answer.  He's a massive wally but that's all he is, no need to go any further than that, esp when he can't reply.  gg donk, cya back in a few months! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

n  +1, well said sir.
  • edited January 2013
    5/1 he's back in the next week