You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NOBODY USES POT ODDS ANYMORE,POKER HAS MOVED ON

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
  When i started to play poker ,i read a few books,digested the pot odds,used em for a while,realised not many others adhered to them,and now ive thrown the towel in on them.Future publications on poker should now relate to them as a thing of the past.Does anyone else agree?.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    No, I don't agree. Pot odds are a fundamental element of the game. A good understanding of them is critical to win at the game. If our opponents don't understand them, that's an advantage to us.

You also need to have a good understanding of implied odds, however. The "correct" decision will always be a judgement based upon a combination of the two, unless that decision is for stacks.
  • edited January 2013
    yeah it's moved on. we now call it just odds cos us poker players are lazeh
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: NOBODY USES POT ODDS ANYMORE,POKER HAS MOVED ON:
    No, I don't agree. Pot odds are a fundamental element of the game. A good understanding of them is critical to win at the game. If our opponents don't understand them, that's an advantage to us. You also need to have a good understanding of implied odds, however. The "correct" decision will always be a judgement based upon a combination of the two, unless that decision is for stacks.
    Posted by BorinLoner
       thanks for your wisdom,im left thinking though,that you sound very much like your good name sir.I didnt even mention implied odds coz they went out in the late eighties.