You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Seen the lot now!

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
  Playing a dym with 4 players left in (6 seater) where there were an away player with 800 chips with the blinds 200/100 and the other 2 players were going at me and each other ! If they let it go round for another minute or 2 they would have doubled up.The away turns up with 700 chips and doubles up straight away,then ends up with 4000 chips !!! Then one of the aggressors gets knocked out? I hope there is no one here to tell me the logic behind this type play.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Seen the lot now!:
      Playing a dym with 4 players left in (6 seater) where there were an away player with 800 chips with the blinds 200/100 and the other 2 players were going at me and each other ! If they let it go round for another minute or 2 they would have doubled up.The away turns up with 700 chips and doubles up straight away,then ends up with 4000 chips !!! Then one of the aggressors gets knocked out? I hope there is no one here to tell me the logic behind this type play.
    Posted by booboo5205
    Hi BooBoo
    You tend to see this a lot at the the lower levels such as 60p DYM's etc. There are a lot of newbies coming to the site every day and a lot of them are just learning the game and trying out the software etc, but a lot of them don't know or understand what is the best way to play when another player is away.

I'm sure they will learn over time, I used to do the same myself years ago when I first joined sky poker :)

That being said, some players just like to play their own game rather than rely on the shortstack being knocked out. I once kept folding my hands waiting for the shortstacker to be knocked out only to find him come back & shove when he was down to 500 chips. He doubled up twice in consecutive hands making me the short stack and I struggled to make the cash. If I had played a couple of hands while he was away instead of folding I may have been more comfortable.
  • edited January 2013
    Yeah it's silly, I hope I wasn't like that when I first started out, I just think it's common sense tbh nothing to do with poker
  • edited January 2013
     Cheers Trev.Yes i can see it in a way .
  • edited January 2013
    I play micros all the time and see this sort of thing regularly. If someones away i say take the chips and i expect the same to be done to me. Sometimes they click the automatic fold button not realising the other person is away. i know because Ive done this myself lol
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Seen the lot now!:
    Posted by booboo5205
                                    COLLUSION WRTTEN ALL OVER IT,DISGUSTING.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Seen the lot now!:
    In Response to Seen the lot now! :                                 COLLUSION WRTTEN ALL OVER IT,DISGUSTING.
    Posted by MISSKIPLIN
    Cant agree with you there MISSK. It happens too frequently. And surely the stakes are far too low for collusion to be worth while.  Only saying........