You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

abuse & disrespect on chat.

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
ive now been with skypoker for 3 years and i have never seen so much abuse from certain individuals.these issues had been reported and nothing has been done to resolve this situation.im all for having poker chat & banter but when family is brought into the chat" well this isnt acceptable as you all should no doubt agree with me on this.so now i feel that i should leave skypoker and try pastures new.so all those that know me{rumble11&ryback45} i bid you farewell and happy poker in the future and good luck.the only thing i will miss will be the afternoon league and the ones i connected with here at sky.best wishes and good luck.john

Comments

• edited January 2013
    In Response to abuse & disrespect on chat.:
    ive now been with skypoker for 3 years and i have never seen so much abuse from certain individuals.these issues had been reported and nothing has been done to resolve this situation.im all for having poker chat & banter but when family is brought into the chat" well this isnt acceptable as you all should no doubt agree with me on this.so now i feel that i should leave skypoker and try pastures new.so all those that know me{rumble11&ryback45} i bid you farewell and happy poker in the future and good luck.the only thing i will miss will be the afternoon league and the ones i connected with here at sky.best wishes and good luck.john
    Posted by ryback45
      Feel sorry for you m8,as i have came across such abuse,but in a strange way it has improved my game.I never play with chat on now,and my game has improved immensely.Chat is for chat lines lines,there is too much banter in poker now,and personally i will never have chat on again,good luck in the future.
  • edited January 2013
    gl sir. 

The reason for the abuse is mainly due to the fact that 98% of Sky Poker's player pool consists of scousers. Profman, for example. 
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: abuse & disrespect on chat.:
    In Response to abuse & disrespect on chat. :   Feel sorry for you m8,as i have came across such abuse,but in a strange way it has improved my game.I never play with chat on now,and my game has improved immensely.Chat is for chat lines lines,there is too much banter in poker now,and personally i will never have chat on again,good luck in the future.
    Posted by MISSKIPLIN
    ty misskiplin/percival.ive played profman b 4 and hes always  been kool with me personally.and misskiplin.sounds good advice but because of 1 person in particular who shall remain nameless . i still have to go.
  • edited January 2013
    I would just like to say my post was a joke, before I get banned/profman hunts me down/profman starts a rant regarding my bed etiquette. 

*scousersarestillmentalthough*
  • edited January 2013
    I would just like to say my post was a joke, before I get banned/profman hunts me down/profman starts a rant regarding my bed etiquette.  *scousersarestillmentalthough*
    Posted by percival09
                               You really should be banned for such racist remarks
  • edited January 2013
    Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong. Either way though, you're boring.
  • edited January 2013
    HI Ryback

Sorry to hear you're leaving R. I must admit bad behaviour drives me bonkers too. I report it without hesitation. Mr P is just joshing(i hope)  there but my solicitors shall be in touch P as others may have got the wrong idea. Everyone knows that scousers are friendly and outgoing and anyone that says any different...........ul be sorry!

Its really rotten that one particular person stops you playing here though. Can't say i like the way we shield them either but i understand SKY's position.

Don't be afraid to return anytime m8. Personally i disagree with turning chat off as i like to have some banter at the table and feel that the abusers are winning in some way. I can see how it can improve your game though. I really used to enjoy The Boogie Woogie in the afternoon. Yet there was comments unbecoming in that too. Shame really but most of it stems from frustration. My game is in a trough now anyway so i'm considering how i go about changing it. Maybe packing in is a good way..ha! All the best fella.
  • edited January 2013
    haha nice post Pman. Ofc I was joking. 

I have a scouse friend.
    He seemed a nice kid.

Until he tried to kill me.
  • edited January 2013
    Hi P

OMG you were quick there m8. Two of the posts above weren't even written when i started mine. Must have been FEAR!!!! I knew you were joshing m8....just wanted everyone else to.
    PS MISSKIPLIN...he's right though some scousers are mental. I'm not vouching for everyone.
  • edited January 2013
    In my experience at least 90% of the ppl who are out of line in the chat box  are losing players and thats who i want to be playing against

I can,t repeat some of the things i,ve seen in the chatbox, but i,ve occasionly reported it when its got to bad even if it wasn,t aimed at me, although it is like water off a ducks back to me - They,d never say these say things in person to you so i really wouldn,t let it bother you . your always get one or 2 whichever site you go on, but the vast majority on here are fine

• edited January 2013
    What.. so you're rumble11  AND  ryback45???
  • edited January 2013
    What.. so you're  rumble11  AND  ryback45???
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    Rumbled?
  • edited January 2013
    Any abuse should be reported to customer care, preferably with details such as table ID and alias.
    It will then be dealt with accordingly.