You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Very disappointed with some forum regulars

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
Today I saw some quite unpleasant posts from regs who should have known better. Totally unneccessary and clearly intended to hurt. Hope you're happy with what you achieved. Some of your own diaries are phenomenal - but today you showed your darker sides. Shame on you.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    this thread isn't going anywhere unless you name imo and then a debate can occur. doing this is just bad in itself. 
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Very disappointed with some forum regulars:
    this thread isn't going anywhere unless you name imo and then a debate can occur. doing this is just bad in itself. 
    Posted by percival09
    you're entitled to your opinion - but I disagree with you. They know who they are, and I've made my feelings known. If they wish to discuss it that is up to them. Knocking my thread is just a big sigh....
  • edited January 2013
    phenomenal diary, can only be me or craigcu?  ;)

:(

• edited January 2013

Why don't you just PM those involved Geldy?

Rather than letting people speculate who it may or may not be... Pretty sure it wasn't me, but as your post is vague I don't know!

• edited January 2013

Good suggestion by Greghogg, have a chat with those who you feel are out of line and see if you can use steer them too the light
  • edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
    Geldy, I understand your frustration and disappointment, I honestly do.  But please contact the person or people in question directly in PM.  I respect your opinion but this sort of opening post just opens up speculation rather than hitting the point I believe you want to make.

I don't mean to derail your thread Geldy but I think this is an appropriate place to put this.

As you can see two recent threads (one loosely framed around late registration and another loosely based around sit outs in STTs for those who were around to see them) are no longer here.  I am responsible for their lack of being.  I promised after I closed them but before their removal that I would give an explanation.

No member has the right to abuse another member directly.  No member has the right to abuse the members of the forum in a general way.  I feel these facts were broken in those threads.  I have taken appropriate action and contacted the person/people I feel broke these facts.

I don't like Modding like this, I really don't enjoy it and it eats well into my grind time as I take so long being careful and thorough on such matters.  There's a bit of a negative atmosphere going around here right now, this happens intermittently on forums the web over.  I ask everyone a favour.  Before you post, especially if you are about to post angry or quite excitable, please could you take an extra moment or two to review what you are going to put up and ask yourself 'Is this fair?  Is this appropriate to post?'

Thank you all for your time.  As ever, any questions or comments, please feel free to PM me.  Unless directly asked otherwise by the sender I always keep details in PMs absolutely private from anyone and everyone else, including other Mods and and Admin at SkyPoker.  Everything is confidential and read without prejudice.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Very disappointed with some forum regulars:
    Why don't you just PM those involved Geldy? Rather than letting people speculate who it may or may not be... Pretty sure it wasn't me, but as your post is vague I don't know!
    Posted by GREGHOGG

Hi Greg,

No it wasn't you. And I apologise to all the phenomenal diary writers such as yourself for the potential slight my post has created - unintended consequences and all that. Just that some of the posters to whom I was referring have been very positive contributers to the forum, and I wanted to acknowledge that, but on this occasion I was disappointed with their comments, and what it has led to.

No, I don't think it is right for me to name them, and it is not right for anyone to speculate who specifically I am referring to. It is only my opinion after all. But many will have seen the posts earlier today, and I wanted to make my feelings known.

PS Tommy I have PM-ed you. Thanks for your time.

• edited January 2013

I LOVE YOU ALL!
  • edited January 2013
    phew, I have no PM

PM me if you have a problem

not saying it is me, but it might be !

Is this all relating to mr IDCU, and the ongoing drama

In fairness I was probably a bit harsh on the the poor lad