You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is this board too wet for my set

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic
villians on micro tables i think over value an A so what i'm thinking here is would it be a big risk calling my set as it's also the lowest set too
craigcu12 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £9.78
p1Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.69
 Your hole cards

p2Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.94
p3Call  £0.04 £0.14 £1.73
thetombs01 Fold     
ronnieg197 Fold     
craigcu12 Call  £0.02 £0.16 £9.76
p1Check     
Flop

craigcu12 Check     
p1Bet  £0.04 £0.20 £2.65
p2Raise  £0.12 £0.32 £2.82
p3Call  £0.12 £0.44 £1.61
craigcu12 Raise  £0.40 £0.84 £9.36
p1Call  £0.36 £1.20 £2.29
p2Call  £0.28 £1.48 £2.54
p3Call  £0.28 £1.76 £1.33
Turn

craigcu12 Bet  £0.44 £2.20 £8.92
p1Call  £0.44 £2.64 £1.85
p2Call  £0.44 £3.08 £2.10
p3Call  £0.44 £3.52 £0.89
River

craigcu12 Check     
p1Check     
p2Check     
p3All-in  £0.89 £4.41 £0.00

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Probably raise bigger on the flop.

I bet WAY bigger on the turn, like £1.30ish.

River is horrible cos all Ax hands just got there and these folks love a raggy Ax lol.
  • edited January 2013
    Don't get the title at all. WTF do you mean by 'is this board to wet for my set'? To wet for what?

Your bet sizing on the turn is horrendous. On a complete brick you bet 1/4 of the pot. WHY! Do you not want to get the money in or something? Or do you want to give people good odds to draw?  

Just make it 50-60p on the flop and shove turn. Simples.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: is this board too wet for my set:
    Don't get the title at all. WTF do you mean by 'is this board to wet for my set'? To wet for what? Your bet sizing on the turn is horrendous. On a complete brick you bet 1/4 of the pot. WHY! Do you not want to get the money in or something? Or do you want to give people good odds to draw?   Just make it 50-60p on the flop and shove turn. Simples.
    Posted by Curt360x27
    i understand about my bet on flop and turn being so weak what i was saying about this board being so wet  relates to the simple fact this is micro stakes, so any Axo most villians think is a good hand so therefore the river card has now created a straight for them raggy aces
  • edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
    Craig -

Every hand you post in the clinic people tell you to bet bigger yet every subsequent hand you post you still bet really small. Do you listen to anything anyone says? Theres no point in posting hands if you're not gonna take on board peoples opinions.
  • edited January 2013
    Looking at hand im shoving the flop. We're likley getting called at this level. 

As played i sigh fold the river. So many better spots v these guys. 
  • edited January 2013
    @Don: You really folding the river at that price??

I think shoving the flop is not a bad idea with that many in the hand, good chance of still getting 1 or 2 calls from 66+/76/draw chasers.

With the shorter stacks at the table I think checking 22 is fine, what's the concensus on raising it on the BB?
  • edited January 2013
    @Don: You really folding the river at that price?? I think shoving the flop is not a bad idea with that many in the hand, good chance of still getting 1 or 2 calls from 66+/76/draw chasers. With the shorter stacks at the table I think checking 22 is fine, what's the concensus on raising it on the BB?
    Posted by step7
    4 way with 2 larger stacks behind yes. we're beat many better spots
  • edited January 2013
    Don't get the title at all. WTF do you mean by 'is this board to wet for my set'? To wet for what? Your bet sizing on the turn is horrendous. On a complete brick you bet 1/4 of the pot. WHY! Do you not want to get the money in or something? Or do you want to give people good odds to draw?   Just make it 50-60p on the flop and shove turn. Simples.
    Posted by Curt360x27
    ^ exactly what i was thinking your a genius sir
  • edited January 2013
    Posted by Curt360x27
    What don't you get it?

It rhymes. That's all we need.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: is this board too wet for my set : ^ exactly what i was thinking your a genius sir
    Posted by loololollo
    the title is refering to the river iknow my bet sizing was poor flop and turn but it was the river i was refering to as you should know by now these micro stakes love any Ax so that set of twos on the river to me looked a loss for sure as their's a great chance the villians will have hit their straight A2345
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: is this board too wet for my set : the title is refering to the river iknow my bet sizing was poor flop and turn but it was the river i was refering to as you should know by now these micro stakes love any Ax so that set of twos on the river to me looked a loss for sure as their's a great chance the villians will have hit their straight A2345
    Posted by craigcu12
    If they hit there straight or bk door flush its your own fault with your bet sizing
  • edited January 2013
    well here is the final outcome and all i can say is basically i was certain to loose as that K6 flush draw would still have called the shove weather flop or turn
    craigcu12 Call  £0.89 £5.30 £8.03
    xRaise  £1.78 £7.08 £0.07
    zFold     
    craigcu12 Raise  £1.78 £8.86 £6.25
    xAll-in  £0.07 £8.93 £0.00
    craigcu12 Unmatched bet  £0.82 £8.11 £7.07
    craigcu12 Show

xShow
    • A

yShow
    • K

yWin Straight to the 6 £5.72  £5.72
    xWin Straight to the 5 £1.78  £1.78
  • edited January 2013
    need an umbrella m8
  • edited January 2013
    save your 7p when going here please. 

Fwiw i stand by what i said when i said i fold earlier but when your going to call of save any pennies you can 
  • edited January 2013
    Ya I agree with Don, I'm c/f that river 4 way regardless of that price.

You got married to your hand in the end but the money should be going in on the turn at the latest. Long term you lose so much value at this stake if your not stacking the turn there.

• edited January 2013
    The fact that it is wet is good for you because it's more likely your going to to get the money in the middle
    - raise lots - get lots

bet turn lots, get lots

basically when you get action and you have this hand, bet as much as you can - pot size is good

river is a fold but the river is not the problem here - your failure to notice the above is the problem

• edited January 2013
    The fact that it is wet is good for you because it's more likely your going to to get the money in the middle - raise lots - get lots bet turn lots, get lots basically when you get action and you have this hand, bet as much as you can - pot size is good river is a fold but the river is not the problem here - your failure to notice the above is the problem
    Posted by rancid
    i completely misread the turn now i feel like i have a problem why are you being so harsh rancid. :-P. fwiw reading back.i agree fully.