You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU?

edited December 2009 in Sky Poker Live
Thoughts on a possible heads-up segment?

It's a pretty popular form of poker at the moment, can't hurt to at least adress it, or maybe even show some HU Cash hands.

[x] wants to be on TV

Comments

• edited November 2009
    yes sir

good shout, they should show some HU but it would only be worthwhile with the right analysis, with all due respect to the current presenters it would require a deep thinking HU pro to make it worthwhile or it would be dumbed down for the masses

maybe they could splash out and get haseeb quireshi or the dang bro's to host it lol

if not old school tikay will have to do ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Hire lolufold as an anylyst imo
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: HU?:
    yes sir good shout, they should show some HU but it would only be worthwhile with the right analysis, with all due respect to the current presenters it would require a deep thinking HU pro to make it worthwhile or it would be dumbed down for the masses maybe they could splash out and get haseeb quireshi or the dang bro's to host it lol if not old school tikay will have to do ;)
    Posted by royal_hugo
    I would not suggest for a moment that I, or any of our Analysts, are well qualified to Analyse Heads Up Play.

But when you say "dumbed down for the masses" you kinda miss the whole point. What % of viewers - or Players for that matter, throughout poker - are really interested in Heads-Up play? It's a minority topic which ever way you look at it.

We could show it, there are no Technical issues with that at all, & I'll word the Producers tomorrow to consider it - it's entirely their decision - but if we do it, we'll be analysing it for what you describe as "the masses", that's guaranteed!

We have to address our core market.
  • edited December 2009
    ladyfingers if your such an expert on hu then why u put your name forward
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: HU?:
    ladyfingers if your such an expert on hu then why u put your name forward
    Posted by scrumdown
    Because lolufold is far, far superior.

And when did I claim to be an expert?