You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what a way to go out a big torny :*(

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
FrigelSmall blind 2500.002500.00169804.12
loolololloBig blind 5000.007500.0036695.88
 Your hole cards
  • A

FrigelRaise 7500.0015000.00162304.12
loolololloCall 5000.0020000.0031695.88
Flop

• A

loolololloAll-in 31695.8851695.880.00
FrigelCall 31695.8883391.76130608.24
FrigelShow
  • Q
  • Q

loolololloShow
  • A

Turn

• K

River

• Q

FrigelWinThree Queens83391.76 214000.00

Comments

• edited January 2013
    you post loadsof hands but never tke any advice , sorry to be harsh but u plyd this hnd terribly
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: what a way to go out a big torny :*(:
    you post loadsof hands but never tke any advice , sorry to be harsh but u plyd this hnd terribly
    Posted by samboram45
    i dont think i did but okay hotshot
  • edited January 2013
    You had 8xBB and flat called a raise out of position with A5.  I would say that is pretty bad on all levels.
  • edited January 2013
    You had 8xBB and flat called a raise out of position with A5.  I would say that is pretty bad on all levels.
    Posted by jonjo75

was heads up and he raised every hand so w/e mate
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: what a way to go out a big torny :*( :   was heads up and he raised every hand so w/e mate
    Posted by loololollo
    This is exactly why you should not be flat calling OOP .With 8 BB you push or fold . You obv do not listen to a word
    anyone says so why post? Just dont get it.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: what a way to go out a big torny :*( : This is exactly why you should not be flat calling OOP .With 8 BB you push or fold . You obv do not listen to a word anyone says so why post? Just dont get it.
    Posted by jonjo75
    i like taking a flop with a-x suited just calm down i dont have to adapt to the push or fold tatic that everyone says you should do, in WSOP main ecents the short stacks at the final table with roughly 10 BB sometimes make a min raise / limp in so don't think your in the right when saying thats how to play short stack everytime you can limp in with big PP's ect and hopefully get payed off
  • edited January 2013
    I give up. Flat calling with a big pair to induce the shove is very different to calling a raise OOP with A5 and 8 BB.You Either dont understand or are just posting and saying things to annoy people.
    GL in the future.

• edited January 2013
    Easiest shove ever pre.

flatting is horrible, folding is horrible unless they're an uber nit.

What do you do on 237rainbow, 49Krainbow, 69Qhh???

You shuold shove pre, he calls, same result, standard, but your play is bad, his is pretty standard (although I'd be minraising)
  • edited January 2013
    Villain did min raise. You should shove pre with your stack and a suited ace IMO. 
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: what a way to go out a big torny :*( : i dont think i did but okay hotshot
    Posted by loololollo
    if u want to play the hand jus jam , u say hes been raising every hand so your miles ahad of his range ! your stack is too small to call , like lambert says the outcome of THIS PARTICULAR HAND will be the same but in the long run its righ , im nt having a dig , im trying to help , i think it jus frustrates people wen  they tell u the same advice over and over nd again and u dnt tke it on board . run good.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: what a way to go out a big torny :*( : i like taking a flop with a-x suited just calm down i dont have to adapt to the push or fold tatic that everyone says you should do, in WSOP main ecents the short stacks at the final table with roughly 10 BB sometimes make a min raise / limp in so don't think your in the right when saying thats how to play short stack everytime you can limp in with big PP's ect and hopefully get payed off
    Posted by loololollo

Perhaps, - but they are expert players, with expert reads on their opponents and the ability to play expertly. Most people playing online aren't. (there are exceptions of course).

If you thought you were ahead then you should have shoved,
    If you thought you were behind then it's a risky call for a big proportion of your stack just to 'get lucky' and even if you do, there's nothing saying you won't be up against A-T +.

Your saving grace should be the fact that even if you had have shoved pre, you would have gotten called, so the outcome would have been exactly the same.

I think the crux of this moan is that the villain didn't fold to a shove with an ace on the board (When no-one realistically would after a flat call pre).

In your defence, this is the brags / bad beats thread, so I don't think you're actually looking for input are you? Just having a little moan coz you got lucky, then unlucky.

Pretty standard if you ask me.
  • edited January 2013
    Bang on Sir.
    Basically fella, you have not raised pre with an Ace. How can you rep that Ace and expect the other player to beleive you? Your betting pattern tells a story. If you had raised pre, the villian would have seen the flopped Ace and maybe thaught "He has raised pre, so he may have that Ace, so i may have to lay these queens down."
    You played it badly but it went fairly standardly.

In Response to Re: what a way to go out a big torny :*( : Perhaps, - but they are expert players, with expert reads on their opponents and the ability to play expertly. Most people playing online aren't. (there are exceptions of course). If you thought you were ahead then you should have shoved , If you thought you were behind then it's a risky call for a big proportion of your stack just to ' get lucky ' and even if you do, there's nothing saying you won't be up against A-T +. Your saving grace should be the fact that even if you had have shoved pre, you would have gotten called, so the outcome would have been exactly the same. I think the crux of this moan is that the villain didn't fold to a shove with an ace on the board (When no-one realistically would after a flat call pre). In your defence , this is the brags / bad beats thread, so I don't think you're actually looking for input are you? Just having a little moan coz you got lucky, then unlucky. Pretty standard if you ask me.
    Posted by PuppetJack
  • edited January 2013
    Preflop awful
    Flop even worse

Apart from that wp
  • edited January 2013
    Bang on Sir. Basically fella, you have not raised pre with an Ace. How can you rep that Ace and expect the other player to beleive you? Your betting pattern tells a story. If you had raised pre, the villian would have seen the flopped Ace and maybe thaught "He has raised pre, so he may have that Ace, so i may have to lay these queens down." You played it badly but it went fairly standardly. In Response to Re: what a way to go out a big torny :*( :
    Posted by Jeronimo7
    Seems you`ll have anybody in team diamond!!!!!!!! lolz

THS ftw, boooosh.
  • edited January 2013
    Peeling here is really bad with your stack its an easy jam.  
  • edited January 2013
    Preflop awful Flop even worse Apart from that wp
    Posted by splashies
    This ^

Jam post flop wud be better if u hadn't just flopped the nuts
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: what a way to go out a big torny :*( :   was heads up and he raised every hand so w/e mate
    Posted by loololollo
    If its heads up he's gonna be raising every hand
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: what a way to go out a big torny :*( : Seems you`ll have anybody in team diamond!!!!!!!! lolz THS ftw, boooosh.
    Posted by davelufc

He aint in team diamond anymore.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: what a way to go out a big torny :*( : He aint in team diamond anymore.
    Posted by Jeronimo7
    Still says he is on his profile