You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Has this happened to anyone else

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
I havn't been playing much lately due to bad flu bug.
But signed in today to find my user name had been changed from rusty ring, to gold ring.
Got in touch with sky poker and asked a nice girl why, hang on and i will find out for you.
After a few min, she said some people might find it offensive. Why after 9 months i asked.
She asked me if i was happy with gold ring, no i said i will pick my own.

If i have offended anyone i'm sorry, but i have 6 grandkids and they think it's just a bit of fun.
I have used this alias on many sites and forums with no problem.
Anyway i have had 1 alias for 9 months, and 3 in a day is that a record LOL.

So x rusty ring, x gold ring, is now tomo_efc might bring me a bit more luck lol.
will be back playing when i feel a bit better.

PS  Hope to get a clearer answer off sky in the next few days.
'

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Hi

It's happened a few times before.  The main issue it usernames on Sky are held up to a different standard than other sites purely because of having the TV channel and simulcast on SkySports.  It's perfectly normal here.

I remember way back when we had a fellow who used his nickname as a username and didn't even see how it could have been offensive.  His real name was Kunal I believe, I won't tell you his original alias but it used part of his real name.  We had a vote on his new username, was a fun one that.
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks for a reply Tom,I should have got on to it because whenever they read any of my posts on tv the presenter
    would only say rusty...So no problems thanks again.
  • edited January 2013
    I remember a lad called WayneCure was told to change it because it was offencive. i also believe it was his name. He ended up being renamed WayneC and i remember a quote from him saying he felt like a spice girl
  • edited January 2013
    Lol, I've seen tonnes of aliases lately that are far worse then your former alias. Don't know how they keep getting through the sign up process tbh.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Has this happened to anyone else:
    Lol, I've seen tonnes of aliases lately that are far worse then your former alias. Don't know how they keep getting through the sign up process tbh.
    Posted by NColley
                                     Agree.
  • edited January 2013
    Rusty rings throughout the poker world up in arms.

Our reporter out side sky sports centre, Ruby ring, yes we have about 30 people with plackards shouting justice for rusty

They have things like rusty rings are for life not just christmas.... poker will never be the same.
    will this happen to rusty nuts, and many more.

And outside the white house, our are American coresspondent, Rusty-lee-ring. Since the news broke people have started
    to gather, i will try to interveiw someone.Ok sir whats your name,... rusty c ring, it just aint on man whats the problem man
    tell are brother rustys over in the uk they have are backing. It is said that Clint Eastwood is thinking of directing a film
    about it called PLAY RUSTY FOR ME.

Dont you have some crazy dreams when your on medication..