You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Question for the other cash grinders

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
When I'm in a session I like to know if I'm up or down as I go through. I know this is not always a good idea s it can alter how you play, but I don't think it affects me, I tend to be pretty disciplined. 

Anyway, my question is I always seem to find I'm chasing early losses. I find I sit down with all my tables, and maybe start the session a bit hot headed and am then finding after 30 minutes I'm a buy in down and spend the rest of the session getting that back and trying to then make a profit. How much 'top up' would you class as normal in a session? For easy maths point of view, for example you played a 2 hour session playing 10 tables. If you checked your 'top up' while still sat down would 1 buy in be normal or is that too low? 2 buy ins? I found last night I was slightly over 4 buy ins topped up which is above average for me, although I did still make a buy in profit.

Not sure if I made any sense with that... Tell me if I don't! lol

Comments

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Question for the other cash grinders:
    When I'm in a session I like to know if I'm up or down as I go through. I know this is not always a good idea s it can alter how you play, but I don't think it affects me, I tend to be pretty disciplined.  Anyway, my question is I always seem to find I'm chasing early losses. I find I sit down with all my tables, and maybe start the session a bit hot headed and am then finding after 30 minutes I'm a buy in down and spend the rest of the session getting that back and trying to then make a profit. How much 'top up' would you class as normal in a session? For easy maths point of view, for example you played a 2 hour session playing 10 tables. If you checked your 'top up' while still sat down would 1 buy in be normal or is that too low? 2 buy ins? I found last night I was slightly over 4 buy ins topped up which is above average for me, although I did still make a buy in profit. Not sure if I made any sense with that... Tell me if I don't! lol
    Posted by FlashFlush

This makes no sense. you see how your first and second paragraphs are at odds?

As long as you're making winning plays who cares how many times you have to top up if your bankrolled properly it's of no consequence.
  • edited January 2013
    Well I guess what I'm trying to ask is, am I leaking too much wonga and therefore stopping myself being as profitable as I could be. Losing £5 then winning £8 isn't as good as losing £2 then winning £8 :-). Or is it all just a part of the game and speculating to accumulate?
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Question for the other cash grinders:
    In Response to Question for the other cash grinders : This makes no sense. you see how your first and second paragraphs are at odds? As long as you're making winning plays who cares how many times you have to top up if your bankrolled properly it's of no consequence.
    Posted by beaneh
    Yeah, I get what you mean, maybe it does affect me, although I think maybe my terminology was wrong. I think I play looser to start with as often there are new faces and I don't know how best to play vs them so later in a session I may not Cbet a certain player if I have missed as they are often going to call me. Also it's just the fact I'm starting a new session and keen to get it underway and maybe at 1st I'm a little too keen.
     I wouldn't say that I change my style because I'm losing, its more a case of getting into that flow you need when multi tabling. Maybe that makes more sense? lol
  • edited January 2013
    Well I guess what I'm trying to ask is, am I leaking too much wonga and therefore stopping myself being as profitable as I could be. Losing £5 then winning £8 isn't as good as losing £2 then winning £8 :-). Or is it all just a part of the game and speculating to accumulate?
    Posted by FlashFlush

it's called expected value, your results will be at variance with the mathematics the game is based on.

if you play pots, you have the chance to lose chips, if you think you have an edge you top up religiously to 100bb so ofc it goes without saying that some sessions you will top up alot some you wont top up much. Some sessions will be lots of 12 bb reloads, some will just be 100bb every two minutes lol

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Question for the other cash grinders : Yeah, I get what you mean, maybe it does affect me, although I think maybe my terminology was wrong. I think I play looser to start with as often there are new faces and I don't know how best to play vs them so later in a session I may not Cbet a certain player if I have missed as they are often going to call me. Also it's just the fact I'm starting a new session and keen to get it underway and maybe at 1st I'm a little too keen.  I wouldn't say that I change my style because I'm losing, its more a case of getting into that flow you need when multi tabling. Maybe that makes more sense? lol
    Posted by FlashFlush

surely when you have MORE Information you should be playing a strategy that deviates from TAG the most, and at the start when you have little information that is when you should be at your most conservative?
  • edited January 2013
    Stop your leak, you know what it is - so just stop

spewing 20bb on each table per hour = £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ down the drain....

like Beanah says above top up, concentrate on making the right decisions - if you win or lose it doesn't matter - just make the right choices

if you think your making bad choices when your wining or losing then look at your game

if your too worried about losing 3-5 buy ins then you ain't bankrolled enough

+1 to Beanahs comment above aswell, if it's cheap enough it's not bad to pay for loads of info though