You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

20NL - 3barrelling on very wet board.

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic
No reads, been at the table about 5 mins...

Given his passive/weak line, this is a great river to bluff, right? IMO he has to have Kx or the flush to call off the river and I think that's only a small part of his range.

My only doubt is if I maybe went too small on the river, although this is probably how I'd v-bet more of my value hands here.

Thoughts?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
chico55 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £24.58
titch655 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £22.52
  Your hole cards

Bramhall21 Fold        
BarryQueen Fold        
Prossbag88 Fold        
Lambert180 Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £26.53
chico55 Fold        
titch655 Call   £0.40 £1.30 £22.12
Flop

• J
  • A

titch655 Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £0.90 £2.20 £25.63
titch655 Call   £0.90 £3.10 £21.22
Turn

titch655 Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £1.90 £5.00 £23.73
titch655 Call   £1.90 £6.90 £19.32
River

• Q

titch655 Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £4.00 £10.90 £19.73

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Yeah the bet sizing is fine on the river. Well played.
  • edited January 2013
    river is fine to bluff but you're just lucky that the Q peels off cos anything else and you kinda just have to x/give up. bet bigger ott imo

raising 57o can be profitable but you have to know what you're doing postflop to make it profitable. the only way a hand like this becomes unprofitable is by playing bad postflop. 
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: 20NL - 3barrelling on very wet board.:
    river is fine to bluff but you're just lucky that the Q peels off cos anything else and you kinda just have to x/give up. bet bigger ott imo raising 57o can be profitable but you have to know what you're doing postflop to make it profitable. the only way a hand like this becomes unprofitable is by playing bad postflop. 
    Posted by percival09
    Agreed, are you saying this is an example of playing bad postflop? :) lol.

But yeah, I think I can play well enough post flop to make it profitable.
  • edited January 2013
    no, but maybe. I'm just saying be careful postflop if you decide to raise these kinda hands cos that's where you can lose money. not preflop. 

I think as played river bluff is good, but I personally give up ott, but if I do bet ott I go bigger as prev said
    reason for giving up ott is that I don't really like bluffing readless with v.little equity. 
  • edited January 2013
    I might not even bother c bettting...

If i do, i also give up on the turn against a readless random...

I think this is a well played hand though, good river to bluff, wouldnt be surprised if u get called by 1 pair though
  • edited January 2013
    Nver getting called here with 1pr Greg or if I am, it's a purefish cake and is almost worth it for the note.

He called me off with a set of Js which tbh I still thought was in the hands I could make fold, but notes taken
  • edited January 2013
    I like it well played draw heavy boards are great for triple barrelling on.
  • edited January 2013
    agree it's a great run out to barrel unless they have it or can't find the fold button

probs go a little bit bigger on turn & river

oppo obviously knew you never had anything - great call on the end )
  • edited January 2013
    He's called you all the way
    There is no way he would put you on a K
    If he calls the turn he calls the river, unless he was passively playing a 4 to the flush draw
    Button raise & cbet - could easily be called by 1pr (he won't be liking it, but having come so far.....)
  • edited January 2013
    I think I just fold preflop readless. It's not a sin to fold the button unopened with garbage when you are readless vs the blinds. 

There are far better hands to be testing the waters with then 75o imo. Its just not going to flop well at all and you don't have a clue of how villains play post flop so it opens you up to make mistakes.