You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

nl10 - sigh moment

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic
One for the lovers of this kind of moment in poker.

Biggest problem I have with this is my bet sizing on river
If I'm b/f - what is the considered amount and do we balance this off with giving the oppo a chance to shove worse
ie. is the b/f amount always the same as a b/c amount

Any other comments are welcome as i am having a nightmare with my game at the moment )
I check flop because I know oppo is going to bet but and this is where I think I have fallen over because I am thinking I don't wanna get raised on this flop because oppo will have 2 pr/set, but I'm not sure If I am raising enough - probably not.

IDK

FWIW oppo is super standard - he will write me a letter when I am beat, maybe bluffing but it's so not oppo's line

Comments

have fun with this one

and History #614201207 (23:56 24/01/2013)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
rancid Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £12.22
supercrazy Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £15.03
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

bichasila Fold        
ballboy Fold        
x Call   £0.10 £0.25 £14.65
rancid Raise   £0.45 £0.70 £11.77
supercrazy Fold        
x Call   £0.40 £1.10 £14.25
Flop

rancid Check        
x Bet   £0.10 £1.20 £14.15
rancid Raise   £0.75 £1.95 £11.02
x Call   £0.65 £2.60 £13.50
Turn

• Q

rancid Bet   £1.40 £4.00 £9.62
x Call   £1.40 £5.40 £12.10
River

rancid Bet   £2.70 £8.10 £6.92
x Raise   £5.40 £13.50 £6.70
rancid

Comments

• edited January 2013
    I think he may have an Ace and a low card(poss a 2) which gives him a str8. But he may have an ace and any of the shown low cards inc a 6. You could be good with yr KK. Yes-for me a sigh call.
  • edited January 2013
    Personally, bearing in mind I probably still play way too tight, I'd figure to the villain having something like 77 or 76... and vast majority would sigh fold.

limp/call pre, small almost blocker bet then call to raise, call the turn then seek to raise a river... it has to be a 7 a lot of the time right?

would be less likely to see a 2 (unless really weakly calling with 22?) and not sure a set, overpair or Ax would raise the river with a sort of sized bet that wants to get paid.

I guess the turn could be a larger bet and it 'may' ellicit a fold, but think even then, if he does have a 7, he's still quite likely to come along for the ride (which is a good thing in the long run, just unfortunate here)
  • edited January 2013
    bet bigger on turn. River bf is fine.
  • edited January 2013
    Pretty close between b/f and c/f river, if Im gonna bet its probably going to be 30-40% pot
  • edited January 2013
    Not a huge fan of the check raise on the flop. - Whilst it might be a trappy route, if he did call with any low PP, part of the straight or a couple of diamonds, you're giving him a free card. - Not to mention the playback might seem a bit desperate (& therefore weak).
     I would certainly put 77 in his range, along with 66, or A-X. so you might be ahead, but might be crushed.

I think having put £4 into the pot, a call for the extra £2.70 is tantilisingly appealing. - but then for the same reason it seems like a viable value bet. I think I'm folding here, but would really depend on my frame of mind at the time. I have been known to make crying calls like that just because I want them to be bluffing sooooo bad.

....Unfortunately I'm often wrong.