You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Priority and thoughts please

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
Okay I didn't make priority last time for 1st time last month in a while and im close to it now but just don't see the value of putting in hours to get there.

This isn't a rant the promos sky offer atm are getting better all the time bar the one that's been here for a long time.

Only bonus is the 2 freerolls when you make priority eg.

When sky got rid of the league table I think that wasn't to good but I no sky cant use that and the cash king same time kinda be pointless lol.

I think there should be one big freeroll rather than 2 smaller ones  , and maybes there should be point brackets on how you do for extra bonuses to give you that incentive to make it

Thought much appreciated hope sky listen thankyou

Comments

• ckdckd
    edited January 2013

yes big time 

made it the last 2 months but not going for it again unless it changes as its not really worth it 

it only really is worth it if you are making mad points a month then you get the extra c4p after 3 months but to be  honest i would rather see the league back than have priority club as it is now

there is extra promo's for you if your in it like earn 50k this month and they give you an extra 1k and if you do it next month you get 1.5k but again there all aimed for nosebleed points 

the 2 freerolls really is not worth it to me 
  • edited January 2013
    I thought Sky was rigged and you were leaving CKD?
  • edited January 2013
    meh dont think priority club is amazing.

But 10k pts earns ya £280+ and if your a lower stakes grinder £280 isnt to be sniffed at.

Plus your free bottle of cheap bubble through the post around christmas time and £50 on your birthday nice little perks.

• ckdckd
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority and thoughts please:
    I thought Sky was rigged and you were leaving CKD?
    Posted by Lambert180

lol got boring after the 1st time mate... get somthing new then come back and share with us untill then gl 
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority and thoughts please : lol got boring after the 1st time mate... get somthing new then come back and share with us untill then gl 
    Posted by ckd
    Lol it wasn't me that said it the other time  :)
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority and thoughts please : Lol it wasn't me that said it the other time  :)
    Posted by Lambert180
    maybe not...but you are boring m8
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Priority and thoughts please:
    Okay I didn't make priority last time for 1st time last month in a while and im close to it now but just don't see the value of putting in hours to get there. This isn't a rant the promos sky offer atm are getting better all the time bar the one that's been here for a long time. Only bonus is the 2 freerolls when you make priority eg. When sky got rid of the league table I think that wasn't to good but I no sky cant use that and the cash king same time kinda be pointless lol. I think there should be one big freeroll rather than 2 smaller ones  , and maybes there should be point brackets on how you do for extra bonuses to give you that incentive to make it Thought much appreciated hope sky listen thankyou
    Posted by kidwiz10

Do you mean a system similar to the freeroll on a Monday night (not sure if it still runs) where for every night you play the main event you get 1k in chips? The more nights you play the bigger your starting stack. 
    I think it would be better if the priority freerolls used a similar system by which your starting stack is determined by how many points you earned/certain bracket of points the previous month. Like you say it gives just a little more incentive to earn points and more points mean more ££££ for SKY.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority and thoughts please : maybe not...but you are boring m8
    Posted by igimc
    nah whats boring is ppl who start threads saying they are leaving cos the site is rigged, they are sick of the bs.............and surprise surprise they stay zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

attention seeking ftw
  • edited January 2013
    imho I think the benefits are fine relative to the amount of people who make it into priority each month. It's super easy atm for anyone who plays poker regularly to earn 10,000 points (as shown by the stats below). If they raised the 10k points requirement, I'd be more in favour of more benefits to Priority Club. The more people who make Prio, the less valueable the title of being a Priority Club member is, and the current lesser benefits reflect that too.

:Hands needed per calendar month to make Priority Club at each limit:

100nl ~ 24,000 hands/month - 800 hands/day - 7tabling 1hr a day (at HappyHour)
    50nl ~ 48,000 hands/month - 1,600 hands/day - 8tabling 2hrs a day (w/1 @ HappyHour)
    20nl ~ 120,000 hands/month - 4,000 hands/day - 9tabling 4hrs a day (w/3 @ HapprHour)
    10nl ~ 240,000 hands/month - 8,000 hands/day - 12tabling 7hrs a day (w/3 @ HappyHour)

If a 10nl grinder can make Priority Club, I'm pretty sure the current benefits are solid.
    From a purely selfish point of view, would I like more from Prio? Haha, hell yes, of course I would. Do I think it would be fair or balanced with it's current requirements? imo, not really.

P.s. Yes, I know it's borderline impossible to see a 10nl grinder put in that much volume. But as a concept, if a 5p/10p grinder can make this 'exclusive' Priority Club putting in less Hrs than someone with a 9-5, I don't see how people can argue about the benefits. (unless they have some UBER-Prio tier, like a VIP Prio Club thing?)

EDIT: "I think it would be better if the priority freerolls used a similar system by which your starting stack is determined by how many points you earned/certain bracket of points the previous month. Like you say it gives just a little more incentive to earn points and more points mean more ££££ for SKY." - Curt
    ^ THIS ^ So long as it's a meaty freeroll, this sounds like a brilliant idea. When you have people earning well into 4 figures in Cash 4 Points, unless the freeroll was of a decent size, it's not really worth doing. But great idea imo.
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority and thoughts please : nah whats boring is ppl who start threads saying they are leaving cos the site is rigged, they are sick of the bs.............and surprise surprise they stay zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz attention seeking ftw
    Posted by waller02
    lol 

still get it wrong... not suprised really 

should make sure you get it right next time before you jump in trying to have a pop at someone .... just makes you look more of a      than you really are 

keep trying you will get there in the end 

• edited January 2013
    I will be making priority this month from 10nl cash and lets say i am looking forward to getting into it, I get £280 min, Plus what ever else you get with it. Just making priority is an achievement for me as i never thought i would make it.
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Scarcity Principle:
    imho I think the benefits are fine relative to the amount of people who make it into priority each month. It's super easy atm for anyone who plays poker regularly to earn 10,000 points (as shown by the stats below). If they raised the 10k points requirement, I'd be more in favour of more benefits to Priority Club. The more people who make Prio, the less valueable the title of being a Priority Club member is, and the current lesser benefits reflect that too. :Hands needed per calendar month to make Priority Club at each limit: 100nl ~ 24,000 hands/month - 800 hands/day - 7tabling 1hr a day (at HappyHour) 50nl ~ 48,000 hands/month - 1,600 hands/day - 8tabling 2hrs a day (w/1 @ HappyHour) 20nl ~ 120,000 hands/month - 4,000 hands/day - 9tabling 4hrs a day (w/3 @ HapprHour) 10nl ~ 240,000 hands/month - 8,000 hands/day - 12tabling 7hrs a day (w/3 @ HappyHour) If a 10nl grinder can make Priority Club, I'm pretty sure the current benefits are solid. From a purely selfish point of view, would I like more from Prio? Haha, hell yes, of course I would. Do I think it would be fair or balanced with it's current requirements? imo, not really. P.s. Yes, I know it's borderline impossible to see a 10nl grinder put in that much volume. But as a concept, if a 5p/10p grinder can make this 'exclusive' Priority Club putting in less Hrs than someone with a 9-5, I don't see how people can argue about the benefits. (unless they have some UBER-Prio tier, like a VIP Prio Club thing?) EDIT: "I think it would be better if the priority freerolls used a similar system by which your starting stack is determined by how many points you earned/certain bracket of points the previous month. Like you say it gives just a little more incentive to earn points and more points mean more ££££ for SKY." - Curt ^ THIS ^ So long as it's a meaty freeroll, this sounds like a brilliant idea. When you have people earning well into 4 figures in Cash 4 Points, unless the freeroll was of a decent size, it's not really worth doing. But great idea imo.
    Posted by Smitalos

how do you think it fairs for a mtt and stt player though ... dont really play much cash so not sure how fast the points grow playing cash but stt and mtt seem to move very slow when trying to get points 
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority and thoughts please : lol  still get it wrong... not suprised really  should make sure you get it right next time before you jump in trying to have a pop at someone .... just makes you look more of a      than you really are  keep trying you will get there in the end 
    Posted by ckd
    so you didnt start a thread saying you were leaving cos ur sick of the bs????? yeah you did....and now your clearly staying.........boring
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority and thoughts please : so you didnt start a thread saying you were leaving cos ur sick of the bs????? yeah you did....and now your clearly staying.........boring
    Posted by waller02

yes i did put that but thats not what you said  you put that i started a thread saying the site was rigged and i was leaving. think you should step away for a bit and think before you Wright as you seem to get confused very easy..maybe get some post et  notes to go near your monitor so you can keep track

see you are very fast to jump at people and try to make others look small..are you trying to compensate for something.does it really make you feel that big trolling around looking for what people say and then post silly little comments to get some attention.i really do feel sorry for you mate must be such a sad little life. anyway im glad i can  bring you some joy and some feeling.i really wish you all the best mate i really do . if you feel you need to talk or just want some attention im here for you.anytime 

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority and thoughts please :  yes i did put that but thats not what you said  you put that i started a thread saying the site was rigged and i was leaving. think you should step away for a bit and think before you Wright as you seem to get confused very easy..maybe get some post et  notes to go near your monitor so you can keep track see you are very fast to jump at people and try to make others look small..are you trying to compensate for something.does it really make you feel that big trolling around looking for what people say and then post silly little comments to get some attention.i really do feel sorry for you mate must be such a sad little life. anyway im glad i can  bring you some joy and some feeling.i really wish you all the best mate i really do . if you feel you need to talk or just want some attention im here for you.anytime   
    Posted by ckd
    ironic post

It just bores me when ppl start threads saying I'm leaving, had enough blah blah blah...........you obv had no intention of leaving yet I'm the attention seeker??

last post from me....enjoy your evening
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority and thoughts please : ironic post It just bores me when ppl start threads saying I'm leaving, had enough blah blah blah...........you obv had no intention of leaving yet I'm the attention seeker?? last post from me....enjoy your evening
    Posted by waller02

will do... you have a good one too 

all the best to you didn't mean to hit a nerve 
  • edited January 2013
    The most laughable thing is that both priority freerolls are on Tuesdays.   Basically meaning that everybody who works Tuesday, is busy with child care or has any other commitments on a Tuesday every week will never try for priority.
    How hard would it be to have them on different nights ?

So stupid
  • edited January 2013
    The most laughable thing is that both priority freerolls are on Tuesdays.   Basically meaning that everybody who works Tuesday, is busy with child care or has any other commitments on a Tuesday every week will never try for priority. How hard would it be to have them on different nights ? So stupid
    Posted by 1267
    LOL you what son? oh nooooo! the little freeroll is on a tuesday, im gunna do my best to avoid making priority cos of this
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Scarcity Principle:
    In Response to Scarcity Principle : how do you think it fairs for a mtt and stt player though ... dont really play much cash so not sure how fast the points grow playing cash but stt and mtt seem to move very slow when trying to get points 
    Posted by ckd
    for every £1 you have raked (mtt and stt players) you get 10pts...for every £1 I have raked (cash playter) I get 6pts.

Think thats fair?

Your volume is simply not up to scratch youngman
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Scarcity Principle : for every £1 you have raked (mtt and stt players) you get 10pts...for every £1 I have raked (cash playter) I get 6pts. Think thats fair? Your volume is simply not up to scratch youngman
    Posted by bolly580

people seem to be forgetting that cash players pay rake nearly every hand, and mtt/sng players pay it once at the start and then get tonnes of 'play time' for their money.  the bonuses should accrue much quicker for cash players. 

obviously none of that means the promotions have been thought through or targeted sensibly anyway.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Scarcity Principle : people seem to be forgetting that cash players pay rake nearly every hand, and mtt/sng players pay it once at the start and then get tonnes of 'play time' for their money.  the bonuses should accrue much quicker for cash players.  obviously none of that means the promotions have been thought through or targeted sensibly anyway.
    Posted by beaneh
    common sense right here, 
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Scarcity Principle : for every £1 you have raked (mtt and stt players) you get 10pts...for every £1 I have raked (cash playter) I get 6pts. Think thats fair? Your volume is simply not up to scratch youngman
    Posted by bolly580
    no dont think it is fair 

smitalos posted showing what cash had to do i.e play 800 hands at such a level and i was just asking how it fairs up of the mtt and stt side to make it as it could take you 5 min to make 10 points at a cash table and me 45 min playing a dym game so the cash side will make up points faster 

i think cash should be 10pts for every £1 but also think they should have something to reward stt mtt cash on its own to make it fair for all players 
  • edited January 2013
    Forum needs more points/priority based threads imo. 
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority and thoughts please : lol got boring after the 1st time mate... get somthing new then come back and share with us untill then gl 
    Posted by ckd
    +++++1111111