You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL50: Sweeet spot, but how to get max value....

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Not a brag before anyone says, i literally had no idea what to do on the river, shove/raise or flat. (you can comment on any street but my main focus is on the river.)

In case you think "why we would ever flat river", when we shove we look suuper strong when theres a player all in, and so what can the Reg call me with? if he has a boat surely he shoves river himself if we flat? there is still a lot of money behind...

I will keep my thoughts to a minimum as it may influence posters, so what do you think....
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
..Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £48.75
..Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £39.46
 Your hole cards

..Fold     
Weak VillainRaise  £1.50 £2.25 £41.13
WHOAMI196 Call  £1.50 £3.75 £222.28
regCall  £1.50 £5.25 £129.16
..Fold     
..Fold     
Flop

Weak VillainBet  £2.63 £7.88 £38.50
WHOAMI196 Call  £2.63 £10.51 £219.65
regCall  £2.63 £13.14 £126.53
Turn

Weak VillainBet  £9.86 £23.00 £28.64
WHOAMI196 Call  £9.86 £32.86 £209.79
regCall  £9.86 £42.72 £116.67
River

Weak VillainAll-in  £28.64 £71.36 £0.00
WHOAMI196 ...    
regstill to act    

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Interesting spot

I like raising the flop, depends on your reads though

raise turn, weak vllain aint folding, it at least gives you a chance to stack the reg

I think I flat the river, tough without more specific reads though
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: NL50: Sweeet spot, but how to get max value....:
    Interesting spot I like raising the flop, depends on your reads though raise turn, weak vllain aint folding, it at least gives you a chance to stack the reg I think I flat the river, tough without more specific reads though
    Posted by grantorino
    Raising flop? im not sure. Raising turn? i did think about this but what am i calling pre to raise turn? i want max value the REG isnt a clueless idiot.. its not a spot i would ever bluff.

When the weak villain bets the turn i figure he is never folding, all i was thinking about was the REGs range! can he call a raise? etc...

I have very little reads on the REG, hence no real info in op, but have played him a few times and know he is not a tard ...
  • edited January 2013
    what are the frequencies

that you call river and reg overcalls OPs

that you call river and reg folds OPs

that you rejam river and reg calls OPs

that you rejam river and reg folds flushes

that you minraise river and reg folds flushes

consider all of these then work out whether you think there is more merit to a flat or a raise.  think it's pretty hopeful to get overcalled on the river by the OPs without you already having the read he doesn't like to fold.

as for through the streets it's pretty sensible to just call down with such a strong hand, then just lol jam on the river and pray the reg has TT or cant fold AA. 

ah shiz I wasn't paying attention for some reason I thought the reg had the preflop inititaive and that we were being led into. as he overcalled so much it's joke hard for him to have strong OPs. and he has alot more of the smaller houses/flush combos, so I would assume that how he plays his flushes is alot more important that how he plays his OPs.

that said I would probably jam the river and hope he has a house or cant fold a flush. either way it's pretty dam hard to get paid in this spot so gl.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: NL50: Sweeet spot, but how to get max value....:
    what are the frequencies that you call river and reg overcalls OPs that you call river and reg folds OPs that you rejam river and reg calls OPs that you rejam river and reg folds flushes that you minraise river and reg folds flushes consider all of these then work out whether you think there is more merit to a flat or a raise.  think it's pretty hopeful to get overcalled on the river by the OPs without you already having the read he doesn't like to fold. as for through the streets it's pretty sensible to just call down with such a strong hand, then just lol jam on the river and pray the reg has TT or cant fold AA.  ah shiz I wasn't paying attention for some reason I thought the reg had the preflop inititaive and that we were being led into. as he overcalled so much it's joke hard for him to have strong OPs. and he has alot more of the smaller houses/flush combos, so I would assume that how he plays his flushes is alot more important that how he plays his OPs. that said I would probably jam the river and hope he has a house or cant fold a flush. either way it's pretty dam hard to get paid in this spot so gl.
    Posted by beaneh
    Thanks for the post beaneh, The bold bit sums the situation up to a tee imo. I was tempted to shove but decided against it and just call to give myself a good chance to get overcalled. 

He in fact he did make a call with k9s for the flush, could i have extracted more? meh idk, its easy to get too greedy sometimes i guess.