You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30nl OP in 3b pot v agro villain facing crai?

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic
2 spots here, both on the turn.

Have history with the opponent, but again haven't played really for a good 4/5 months.

Used to be v agro dynamic, quite abit of bluffing and levelling going on, but as I've not played for ages he might just be playing more straight forward at first.

No hands of note so far this session.

He knows I'm loose and can be isolating the limper very wide, so can cold 3 and tid alot.

Thoughts when he checks the turn? Bet or check back?

What kinda size?

I bet small to control the pot, if he calls he most likely checks the river then I can shove or most likely check back.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xxx Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £41.22
BigHawk89 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £28.80
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

danrouse06 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £21.76
Adicts89 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.20 £1.95 £27.75
wiljam Fold     
xxx Raise  £3.90 £5.85 £37.32
BigHawk89 Fold     
danrouse06 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Call  £2.85 £8.70 £24.90
Flop

xxx Bet  £4.35 £13.05 £32.97
DOHHHHHHH Call  £4.35 £17.40 £20.55
Turn

xxx Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £4.00 £21.40 £16.55
xxx 
Then he ships it :s

I guess I gotta call with my bet sizing? Could have just induced something abit crazy?

Or is that too optimistic?

Fold??????
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xxx Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £41.22
BigHawk89 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £28.80
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

danrouse06 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £21.76
Adicts89 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.20 £1.95 £27.75
wiljam Fold     
xxx Raise  £3.90 £5.85 £37.32
BigHawk89 Fold     
danrouse06 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Call  £2.85 £8.70 £24.90
Flop

xxx Bet  £4.35 £13.05 £32.97
DOHHHHHHH Call  £4.35 £17.40 £20.55
Turn

xxxCheck     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £4.00 £21.40 £16.55
xxx All-in  £32.97 £54.37 £0.00
DOHHHHHHH

thnxxx

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Its a fold from me. I think im looking to get to showdown cheaply here.
    If we check back turn we can snap off a bet on the river. Probs making a thin value bet on the river though and coming accross the same situation hmmm
  • edited January 2013
    why are you betting? do you have any idea?
  • edited January 2013

yeah, why bet turn? why bet < 1/4 pot? To induce is only reason I can see, so call it off. Its a check though imo

• edited January 2013
    betting to control the pot!? that would be checking imo.

What could he be crai turn with? set? AhKh? it could be a re-steal that hit a lucky flop? who knows! you have to weigh up all the info and make a correct decision, but it looks close regardless.

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: 30nl OP in 3b pot v agro villain facing crai?:
    why are you betting? do you have any idea?
    Posted by beaneh
    "I bet small to control the pot, if he calls he most likely checks the river then I can shove or most likely check back."

Last thing I expected was to get check raised all in tbh. 

I can get value from some stuff like AK/fd's and weird 1p hands that he's 3b pre expecting me to fold.

I also expect him to check the river 100% of the time if he check/calls the turn. 

The small bet is just because I don't need to bet bigger with the pot/stack sizes. 

I'd bet this small with everything. sets/AA etc. 

• ybyb
    edited January 2013
    i dont mind the bet size tbh, especially as you apparantly have an aggro image

i wouldnt be betting £4 to then fold JJ though
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: 30nl OP in 3b pot v agro villain facing crai?:
    In Response to Re: 30nl OP in 3b pot v agro villain facing crai? : " I bet small to control the pot, if he calls he most likely checks the river then I can shove or most likely check back. " Last thing I expected was to get check raised all in tbh.  I can get value from some stuff like AK/fd's and weird 1p hands that he's 3b pre expecting me to fold. I also expect him to check the river 100% of the time if he check/calls the turn.  The small bet is just because I don't need to bet bigger with the pot/stack sizes.  I'd bet this small with everything. sets/AA etc. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

you didn't think about it then bcos on the turn with a psb it's so easy for him to check ship, the fact that you don't jam and bet small allows him to check ship aswell lol

this is a joke easy call once you bet, the only reason you bet and bet this size is to call the all in.