You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Incorrect account balance

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
I have contacted cc but wondered if anyone has had this problem and before you ask no I was not drunk.

Played a cash session last night and my balance was lower than I thought after a seesion where I did not think I had lost that much.

I gone through all my hand histories and recorded wins & loses and it's break even.
I knew what my balance was before seesion and I only played one £6 sat so it's very odd.
But my account balance said I basically lost a lot of money, and I do mean a lot - like 8 buy ins

So..... has anyone else experienced this and if so what happened.

...concerned

Comments

• edited January 2013
    hmm  not not had that problem. Only time my balance has bene wrong is when they are holding funds.
  • edited January 2013

Yes, had it before.

Exchanged 4/5 emails with CC who insisted it was correct, so I gave up. 

If you look at the HEM graphs of winning players though, the line for "non showdown" is always in the negative....

When you added the profit/loss up yourself, did u do every single hand? Or just pots above/below like 5xbb or something?

I did the latter, and under-estimated how much I lose in tiny pots, which apparently is normal. 

Wasn't 100% convinced, and I was only 2.5 buy ins out, not 8..................
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Incorrect account balance:
    I have contacted cc but wondered if anyone has had this problem and before you ask no I was not drunk. Played a cash session last night and my balance was lower than I thought after a seesion where I did not think I had lost that much. I gone through all my hand histories and recorded wins & loses and it's break even. I knew what my balance was before seesion and I only played one £6 sat so it's very odd. But my account balance said I basically lost a lot of money, and I do mean a lot - like 8 buy ins So..... has anyone else experienced this and if so what happened. ...concerned
    Posted by rancid
    same m8,
    i lost £30 which is bad but i thought it might be abouy £15..ish as i finished the session well.

what can u do?
  • edited January 2013
    fwiw, at the time I was also convinced.....

I thought the reason it happened was because of the top up facility.

When you lose a hand, and are down to 75xbb. U aren't quick enough to top up straight away, so the next hand u play with 75xbb. U top up mid hand. But go on to win the hand, and win more than 25xbb. 

Your top up isn't credited, as you are now above 100xbb.

But I thought at the time, that although I wasn't credited, my account was being charged.

Because this happened alot more than usual in this particular session, and it was the 1 time I noticed a problem.

More than likely just me being paranoid, but 8 buy ins sounds alarming. Did that happen alot to u last night?
  • edited January 2013
    I know where you are coming from JJ. iv managed to lose a bit befor and thought i havent even been in any big hands. But those little pots soon start adding up :(
  • edited January 2013
    That has happened to me before. Same as you my account balance was a lot lower than it should have been after I finished what I thought was an okay session.

So I checked my hand histories and contacted customer care and got nowhere with them.. And fired off some e-mails back and forth they looked into it but still got nowhere. I didn't play on Sky for a while because of it but in the end decided to give them the benifit of the doubt and come back.

Still not convinced I was wrong though but thankfully had no problems since.
  • edited January 2013
    Check your account transaction history. That'll show you exactly how much you pulled-up for to every table and how much you left with. If all those tables say you broke even, then you've got something to point out to customer services.

Just go to "My Account" and use the quick search for all transactions.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Incorrect account balance:
    I have contacted cc but wondered if anyone has had this problem and before you ask no I was not drunk. Played a cash session last night and my balance was lower than I thought after a seesion where I did not think I had lost that much. I gone through all my hand histories and recorded wins & loses and it's break even. I knew what my balance was before seesion and I only played one £6 sat so it's very odd. But my account balance said I basically lost a lot of money, and I do mean a lot - like 8 buy ins So..... has anyone else experienced this and if so what happened. ...concerned
    Posted by rancid
    i think they have taken it to pay players bonuses tomorrow.hope u get it back m8.
  • edited January 2013
    I did search pots >£1 - which all came back near to break even which is what expected for the seesion - and then maybe a spew lose of 2 buy ins max but no way am I leaking £80 per seesion like cmon wtf am I a moron )
    Don't asnwer that, maybe combined with the worse downswing I have ever encountered in cash poker since December and now this......4 hours, 9 tables - how much can one man spew ? I don't even think I was being that laggy or cally & deffo wasn't 3 bet folding a ton

Thanks for tip BL I'll go throug the account history but do it at 21:00 so it just gives me 24hr's not the skewed figures from past midnight

regarding top up, yeah I top up a lot tbh - if i drop below 90bb I top up - don't keep a record
    I think Tommyd does keep a record has he plays his cash session, might be worth doing -

It may just be when I look later it will be ok and make sense, just don't need this while on a massive negative run of cards
  • edited January 2013
    You havent accidentally registered for a tourny that hasnt been plaed yet? dunno just pi**ing in the wind now :P -£80 quid session? sounds familiar :( 
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Incorrect account balance:
    I did search pots />£1 - which all came back near to break even which is what expected for the seesion - and then maybe a spew lose of 2 buy ins max but no way am I leaking £80 per seesion like cmon wtf am I a moron ) Don't asnwer that, maybe combined with the worse downswing I have ever encountered in cash poker since December and now this......4 hours, 9 tables - how much can one man spew ? I don't even think I was being that laggy or cally & deffo wasn't 3 bet folding a ton Thanks for tip BL I'll go throug the account history but do it at 21:00 so it just gives me 24hr's not the skewed figures from past midnight regarding top up, yeah I top up a lot tbh - if i drop below 90bb I top up - don't keep a record I think Tommyd does keep a record has he plays his cash session, might be worth doing - It may just be when I look later it will be ok and make sense, just don't need this while on a massive negative run of cards
    Posted by rancid
    I record every single penny in and out for every single game or table sit down at a cash session.  Puts your mind at rest, you'd be shocked at how much you can be out by either above or below just by estimating where you think you are.  When I've been putting in results while leaving each table from a cash session a few times the result has been 3 or 4 Buy Ins different from where I estimated I was at.
  • edited January 2013
    yeh prob the auto rebuy u did, i had this lost like 15pound+ just from reloading my 10nl table when i was below 8pound
  • edited January 2013
    yeh prob the auto rebuy u did, i had this lost like 15pound+ just from reloading my 10nl table when i was below 8pound
    Posted by D_Legend
    +1 Surprising how much you can lose when multitabling and tp up all your tables
  • edited January 2013
    Well **** me! This is abit of a large problem isnt it sky? I dont keep monitoring whats in my account rly so i could easily be down a few bob it seems... well isnt that a nice start to the day
  • edited January 2013
    Well **** me! This is abit of a large problem isnt it sky? I dont keep monitoring whats in my account rly so i could easily be down a few bob it seems... well isnt that a nice start to the day
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    lol +1

having to manually check how much you top up/lose at each table to be sure sky aren't scamming you (lol) or w/e is ridiculous. quite a big problem....
  • edited January 2013

Closing this thread.

As people have demonstrated on this thread, it is a mistake that can be made where you lose (or win) more than you think. Of course if you wish to confirm your numbers in more detail, check your account or hand history. After that, if you still have questions, please contact customer care.

Sky Poker