You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How did I play the hand, and is the river a call?

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceshaun399Small blind £0.15£0.15£134.84PokerKingaBig blind £0.30£0.45£29.70 Your hole cards54   KeyMan1Fold    RIMMSEYRaise £0.60£1.05£42.86XCall £0.60£1.65£35.86KKripplerCall £0.60£2.25£28.95shaun399Fold    PokerKingaFold    Flop  2Q3   RIMMSEYBet £1.69£3.94£41.17XCall £1.69£5.63£34.17KKripplerCall £1.69£7.32£27.26Turn  A   RIMMSEYCheck    XBet £3.00£10.32£31.17KKripplerCall £3.00£13.32£24.26RIMMSEYCall £3.00£16.32£38.17River  7   RIMMSEYCheck    XBet £12.00£28.32£19.17

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Never played X before
  • edited January 2013
    River is a call because if you're folding river you should never be calling the flop bet in the first place. Flop is probably a fold anyway. 
  • edited January 2013
    lol river is snap call, i would consider jamming!! nothing obvious suggests that he has the flush here, and there is nothing that would suggest in your oppos eyes that hes up against a flush, im pretty sure that x would be pretty happy with all 2 pair hands, sets, even poss Ax hand, esp if he has Ad. 

Drawing to a non nut hand is a little fishy since you only have 6 clean outs,... meh when you hit turn i think you should be pretty happy.

Folding river in this passively played hand is rili bad IMO, but wtf do i know ;), just puke if the first guy shoves ott. 
  • edited January 2013
    call. never shoving

all other streets okiez
  • edited January 2013
    Go for the jam and then sigh when oppo rolls over flopped flush

probably wise to just call but we acheive no long term game do we )
    fink oppo got AQ, but hard to say looking at pre action with no reads on range pre
    AQ ike the only hand that pays off
    Would highly depend if you bluff in these spots

IDK

all too much for me sometimes ) just call init

If your calling flop with implied then surely you have to go for stacks on river otherwise it makes the call on flop bad
    Havn't done the math, just putting it our there.6 outs &all that jazz
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: How did I play the hand, and is the river a call?:
    call. never shoving all other streets okiez
    Posted by percival09
    why are you never shoving?, pi sses me off with one liner posts
  • edited January 2013
    because what are we getting called by? 

HEY LETS OVER-REP OUR HAND GUYS.

calling is fine

if your post required a bigger response then I'd give it, but frankly it's a v.standard spot

• edited January 2013
    because what are we getting called by?  HEY LETS OVER-REP OUR HAND GUYS. calling is fine if your post required a bigger response then I'd give it, but frankly it's a v.standard spot
    Posted by percival09
    Only a thinking player shoves river, may be out of your depth. 
  • edited January 2013
     shoving the river might even be the worst of the 3 options at 30nl in this spot. Gl with your incred thought process tho. world beater.

so hold on. we call 3 streets, when we shove we're only ever repping a flopped flush or what our hand is. What are we making fold that we don't already beat? or are we trying to get a call from like top 2 when our hand obv crushes that? . 
  • edited January 2013
    shoving river imo is not the worst option imo imo imo imo _)
    by calling we just allowing oppo to pay perfect against us, we only raise with nuts.com
  • edited January 2013
    if youve gone down to the river just call it
  • edited January 2013
     shoving the river might even be the worst of the 3 options at 30nl in this spot. Gl with your incred thought process tho. world beater. so hold on. we call 3 streets, when we shove we're only ever repping a flopped flush or what our hand is. What are we making fold that we don't already beat? or are we trying to get a call from like top 2 when our hand obv crushes that? . 
    Posted by percival09
    For someone to say "i would never shove" just falls into the 'robot' category for me.

Flopping a flush is ridic hard, too much credit can be given but seeing that this hand has been posted its almost always a cooler right!?, and who cares what we are repping, why is that important, if we can justify that villain can play a wide value range on the river, we can shove! villain may have ax, aq, set and still put you on a flush but still call (its a little complicated 3-way, but never say never.)

There is zero reads on villain(what you doing op, watching po-rn on the side?), 10 hands on a fish is worth 10x compared to a good player (or more), it literally takes a few hands to eye up a fish, and in the unknown category, you can see a few hands he has played and have some idea on him, and river may indeed be a crying call, but can also be a profitable shove.

• edited January 2013
    Call river but flop is probably a fold, evident by the fact you made your hand but are unsure whether to call river.

WHOAMI - Raising turn />>>>> raising river. I think its bad to call turn if youre gonna raise the river.
  • edited January 2013
    Ok i thought the flop call was little optimistic

Optimistic = bad play.

Dont mind the title of thread, I was always calling river.

Didnt really consider at the time whether to raise river. Felt oppo had polarized their range so much that raising achieves little on the river.

Although Whoami196 is not wrong, rec players betting/calling range can be much wider on the river considering how passive i played the hand.

Folding flop is the best option I guess.

• edited January 2013
    Call river but flop is probably a fold, evident by the fact you made your hand but are unsure whether to call river. WHOAMI - Raising turn /> />>>> raising river. I think its bad to call turn if youre gonna raise the river.
    Posted by offshoot

intrested u say this, why is raising turn /> raising river
  • edited January 2013
    Call river but flop is probably a fold, evident by the fact you made your hand but are unsure whether to call river. WHOAMI - Raising turn />>>>> raising river. I think its bad to call turn if youre gonna raise the river.
    Posted by offshoot
    I agree with this, i was not referring to optimum play when it came to shove river, i just dislike when people rule out an option without any reasoning what so ever.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: How did I play the hand, and is the river a call? : intrested u say this, why is raising turn /> raising river
    Posted by rancid
    well if you raise river for value you get more value vs a wider range by raising turn.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: How did I play the hand, and is the river a call? : well if you raise river for value you get more value vs a wider range by raising turn.
    Posted by offshoot
    cheers

so true