You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I asked once and no "expert" answered.

I posted a while back now and never got a decent answer.what the hell is these consistent paired flops all about?Not only paired but str8 and flushing as well ! For eg 667?It seems to me its the regular flop now .

Comments

• edited January 2013
    If you ask a stupid question, generally you will get a stupid answer, or no answers... 

• edited January 2013
    this thread is a waste of time/energy and internet space
  • edited January 2013
    it's to do with 

short term variance

and

selective memories
  • edited January 2013

Same as last time no decent response!If If am the only one that as noticed it i could not care less .ANSWERS PLEASE !

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: I asked once and no "expert" answered.:
     Same as last time no decent response!If If am the only one that as noticed it i could not care less .ANSWERS PLEASE !    
    Posted by booboo5205

lol my answer is so serious you don't even understand it. well done.
  • edited January 2013
    It's rather like me getting dealt 97os 24 times yesterday in about an hour...  it actually happened... 

It's cos im obsessed with 97os as i lost a huge prize with it, and therefore every time i see the hand 97os i choose to remember it.

But statistically, I will get dealt 97os exactly the same amount of time overtime as I get dealt 93 os.

One is a semi playable hand which is memorable to me, one isn't...

You may remember the 667 flops but u will forget the J63 flops because the 667 flops are more interesting and memorable.  But the other "non interesting" flops actually happen just as much... if not more... ( i counted the times i got 97os and not 93os yesterday...) 

If you are expecting to see 667 flops and are paranoid about it, then you will see them, and chose to remember them more than the J63 flops.

Then you will start a forum thread about it... twice... and hope that everyone else is obsessed with paired/suited flops...

they arent... 

Hope this qualifies as a suitable answer

• edited January 2013
    It's rather like me getting dealt 97os 24 times yesterday in about an hour...  it actually happened...  It's cos im obsessed with 97os as i lost a huge prize with it, and therefore every time i see the hand 97os i choose to remember it. Posted by GREGHOGG
    Anyone ever been dealt AA 24 times in about an hour - that is something you'd remember?

It is possible to calculate the odds of "x" occurances in "y" trials but it's a complex calc. How many hands were you dealt in your hour in which you received the 24 identical hands?
  • edited January 2013

anyone had three consecutive 22 and twice hit the set

• edited January 2013
    Yep.  Got payed for both sets too.  1st level of a deepstack.  Ended up playing just over 1000bb!
  • edited January 2013
    It is not only your variance but every hand played on sky that must be counted. Do sky have a designated "pack" of digital cards for each table or does each hand come randomly from a single "pack".

• edited January 2013
    It is not only your variance but every hand played on sky that must be counted. Do sky have a designated "pack" of digital cards for each table or does each hand come randomly from a single "pack".  
    Posted by gracie24
    Nah . . . I'm pretty sure they use a single deck of cards. Have never worked out though, how everyone seated at all of the open tables still manage to get two cards each?