You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

easy fold?

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic

I'm not playing well atm.....

This is from a £2k BH. Villain had been quite active, previously overbet shoving the flop with a massive stack, donk bet/folding on occasions too.

Is this a fold? I had been getting owned pretty much and I guess my image at the table would be quite weak to be honest.....one of those games where I raise, miss the flop, c-bet and get raised etc....

I finally get a piece of the board and get shoved on........could be a draw, could be nothing and they are trying to push me off, could be beat. I only have 15bb if I fold, should this be taken into account when making my decision.

All advice welcome :)

xSmall blind  75.00 75.00 8200.00
1-on-u Big blind  150.00 225.00 1467.50
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • J

ZAMBEZI Fold     
TommyD Fold     
waller02 Raise  375.00 600.00 2935.00
LUTONTOWN Fold     
xCall  300.00 900.00 7900.00
1-on-u Fold     
Flop

• K

xCheck     
waller02 Bet  600.00 1500.00 2335.00
xAll-in  7900.00 9400.00 0.00
waller02 ?

Comments

• edited January 2013
    It's a tough one, with such a massive overbet i'm guessing he doesn't want a call and you are ahead.
  • edited January 2013
    If you raise up pre & then hit the flop smack in the face, then It's a real tough one.

I think I agree with Larson, - ~ My guess is he has a middle pair or maybe a King also & he's afraid of the clubs.

If he had A-K then I don't think he's going to shove 7900 into a pot of 1500 unless he's an absolute turnip.

I say you have to put your fist in your mouth, call & watch as he spikes something ridiculous on the river.

- you just know he will.

what did you do? I'm guessing you lost, hence the ask for advice?
  • edited January 2013
    Call, he almost never has AK or AA, sometimes will show KQ, has worse Kings most of the time, sets and draws occasionally. 
  • edited January 2013
    you're beating a lot of K's and you're ahead of fd's. With the effective stack being ~20bb you can't get away from this
  • edited January 2013
    he might have a set and was hoping since you raised pre youll snap call with k/a/q/j when he shoves it
  • edited January 2013
    oppo can have anything if bad

btm line is you can't fold because you beat so much of the range, only hand I'd be worried about is an overplayed KQ
  • edited January 2013
    i think i call, he probably become to attached to his sb pre flop, then caught a bit of the flop and thinks he can shove u off the hand, as u say u have done a fair bit of bet folding in the game 
  • edited January 2013
    villain would hardly be overplaying KQ. in fact if he has KQ he's played it quite well imo. by shoving otf he reps a lot of draws and so villain will be put to a more difficult decision with weaker K's and even lower pairs.

obv he might make a lot of random A high fold or w/e, but he prob wouldn't get any more out of them by flatting. 

also if villain decided to raise ott instead of otf it generally would look stronger, and if villain did flat and a flush came ott then hero wouldn't like it anymore

• edited January 2013
     Have to call here we crush his range so much
  • edited January 2013
    I'm glad the general opinion is to call.

It's not good when you are playing bad and not running great either. I start to question every decision I make, folding when I shouldn't, not folding when I should etc..

Yeah I called and lost (set of 5's) but my thinking was that he is shoving with so many hands I beat....pleased to see that these thoughts were correct, there is hope for me yet lol
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: easy fold?:
    villain would hardly be overplaying KQ. in fact if he has KQ he's played it quite well imo. by shoving otf he reps a lot of draws and so villain will be put to a more difficult decision with weaker K's and even lower pairs. obv he might make a lot of random A high fold or w/e, but he prob wouldn't get any more out of them by flatting.  also if villain decided to raise ott instead of otf it generally would look stronger, and if villain did flat and a flush came ott then hero wouldn't like it anymore
    Posted by percival09

That is debatable, we can never know if oppo is thinking this and shoving KQ because it looks weaker
    Can we debate if oppo shoving set is a calculated play or just a shove because they fear the FD or just because they wet their pants. Let's make my hand look like a semi bluff - because we have more of a chance of getting folds
    Sometimes it just doesn't stack up for me.... could just be that oppo thought hero is never folding so yeah..bingo

who really knows the truth

do we just say we are way ahead or way behind and call )
  • edited January 2013
    It's gotta be a call for me given the stacks and pot size. Not even a sigh call tbh because I think we beat loads of his range.

• edited January 2013

You have to call, due to your stack size and his he can be doing this very wide. Snap it off, if he holds AK KQ ul.
    Putting villain on a set here and folded is not going to work out well in the long run