You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

When will SKYPoker see the light.

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
 I have been a regular on this forum for a while now and have also been known to dip in and out of the site to play a bit of poker.
 I have to say I love the SKYPoker experience in terms of the forum, the friendly nature of the site, being able to play in £'s, and the TV channel.
 At the moment, however, I play my poker elsewhere.
 Why? I hear you ask.
 For 2 reasons mainly.
 1. The software, both in terms of it's functionality, or should I say lack of it, and the inability of my laptop to smoothly run more than 2 tables, whilst on other sites I can run 6 tables and HEM without any hitches.
 2. The lack of  traffic and decent guaranteed MTT's in the £10 - £20 range.
 I would love to know what SKY's long term plan for the poker site is.
 I honestly think that if SKY were to take this poker lark seriously they could become one of the leading sites in terms of the poker market.
 So here are a couple of suggestions if they want to get serious.
 1. Sort out the software. It is miles behind the best sites and is akin to playing on a Spectrum 64 whilst your best mate plays on an X-Box. There was talk some time ago about the release of a new software package. This seems to have disappeared.
 2. Why limit Skypoker to only the UK, Bulgaria and some other tiny countries in terms of poker playing countries. Open it up to the masses, obviously where legally allowed, sorry all you Yanks.
 3. Advertise. When do we ever see SKYPoker advertised anywhere apart from on CH 861. Surely you can take advantage of the SKY network.
 4. Take a risk and have a look at the MTT schedule at prime time. At the moment we have a nightly guaranteed MTT at 8pm with a £33 buy in. This is to high for your average recreational player. There is a mini at 8.15pm I hear you say. Great, but I want to play more than 1 MTT at a time. I would suggest that you introduce a 7.30pm £10 MTT with a guarantee of £5k and a 7.45pm £10 MTT with a guarantee of £10k. I know this may seem like big guarantees but if you advertise and stick with it the players will soon come.
 At the end of the day it is up to SKY whether they really want to take poker seriously or not. With their huge name and associated customer perception of a safe place to play they could be monsters if they choose.
 I really hope they do want to be taken seriously as I would love to see the site grow and grow.
 With Zynga Poker about to transform the huge Facebook player pool into the new poker boom, SKY need to act now.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    "When do we ever see SKYPoker advertised anywhere apart from on CH 861"

I have seen sky advertised on sky sports many times and there 15K BH is even shown live on sky sports 4 10pm+

"I would suggest that you introduce a 7.30pm £10 MTT with a guarantee of £5k"

500 runners for a sky mtt? no no no. And im not even guna reply to the 10k one you suggested. Also currently there are at least 4 BHs i can see with 4 fig guranteed ranging buy ins from £11-£55 so you clearly havent thought that through.

Basicly youve wrote a nice little piece thinking oo if i say stuff like "if SKY were to take this poker lark seriously" everyone will think thats kinda funny and agree with me.

1 good point sky software is awful but it seems people have mentioned that before (only 1 million times). Youve just basicly wrote up saying what I would like rather than the masses.

Good day to you
  • edited January 2013

Thank you soooo much for your kind words Bolly.

When I say advertising I mean in the bigger world, there is a world outside SKY. Never see them advertising in the papers, poker mags, other forums etc. etc.
     500 runners for a SKY MTT, as I said it would be a risk. I think you will find that daily SKY are not far off 500 runners for the MINI and MAIN.
      4 BH's with 4 fig guarantee with buy-ins between £10 -£55. That's fine, but how many recreational players can afford a £55 buy in.

Youve just basicly wrote up saying what YOU would like rather than the masses.

Good day to you
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: When will SKYPoker see the light.:
     Thank you soooo much for your kind words Bolly.  When I say advertising I mean in the bigger world, there is a world outside SKY. Never see them advertising in the papers, poker mags, other forums etc. etc.  500 runners for a SKY MTT, as I said it would be a risk. I think you will find that daily SKY are not far off 500 runners for the MINI and MAIN.   4 BH's with 4 fig guarantee with buy-ins between £10 -£55. That's fine, but how many recreational players can afford a £55 buy in.   Youve just basicly wrote up saying what YOU would like rather than the masses. Good day to you
    Posted by 68Trebor
    sigh..you see when i say RANGE i say there are some/many below this £55 mark. like some will be £10..some will be £22 see how this works?

and bigger than sky? whats bigger than SKy Sports? 

and also i never mentiioned anything I'd like?? did you even read my reply?

sigh

• edited January 2013

Sigh.... you see when I say £10-£20 I mean £10-£20.

Sigh....Bigger world means BIGGER WORLD, not bigger TV channel.

Sigh..... Because you don't agree with my point of view you feel the need to berate my opinion.

SIGH.
  • edited January 2013
    Judging from your arguments it appears Sky would be a better site with you at the tables
  • edited January 2013

Judging from your arguments it appears Sky would be a better site withOUT you at the tables
  • edited January 2013
    lol okay well leave this discussion at that. 

• edited January 2013
    I think I get what your trying to say trebor even if it is unfeasible to have gtees at the levels you have described.

My gripe with skys mtts schedule is that if you dont like playing bh's then theres not a lot of choice throughout the day at a reasonable gtee level. Stars is massive for mtt rebuys, I had a word with priority about this yest and the vibes that I get is that until the masses stop their insatiable desire for bh's then tournies like deepstacks and rebuys will play second fiddle. Its a shame because the 6:30 pm rebuy regularly attracts more than 100 runners.

The schedule for between 7-8pm is shocking, and geared up to the me sats, give us more choice sky thats all I can say. Have some reasonable gtees not just at bh's, trust me rebuys do have a sizeable following in the larger poker community. 

• edited January 2013

Wait for the wrath of Bolly to descend on you AceGunner