You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

chrisdboy - jackpot miss

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
2nd in Main
1st in Mini

Now where have I heard that before?

I was railing the two FTs.  Glued to the action.  I must say VVVWP and super unlucky.  For those that dont know heads up chris lost JJ v A9 and K10 v Q10 both all in pre.  Two of the biggest bad beats Ive seen given the situation.  I must say you handled yourself incredibly well (better than I would) after these beats and did incredibly well to compose yourself and win the mini.
I felt obligated to do this post because I don't know if you know, I achieved the same feat about 3 months ago - maybe we should start a club (a really sad and depressing club). I had lucked into HU on the main, and my luck ran out one hand too early when I went in behind and finished behind.  I was absolutely gutted - didnt know what to make of it and found myself thinking about the hands I played over and over again in my head for days.  You on the other hand have NOTHING to think about.  You got youre chips in good and thats all you can do.  Don't go beating yourself up like I did.  It's going to hurt for a while... a few weeks at least but you can take rest in the knowledge you played very very well and were just very very unlucky.  After a while the cash will sink in and you wont mind having the extra 1.5k to play with.

Again vwp mate and super super unlucky.  Theres always tomorrows tournies.

Will the jackpot ever go?

Comments

• edited January 2013
    thats just siiiiiiick
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to chrisdboy - jackpot miss:
    2nd in Main 1st in Mini Now where have I heard that before? I was railing the two FTs.  Glued to the action.  I must say VVVWP and super unlucky.  For those that dont know heads up chris lost JJ v A9 and K10 v Q10 both all in pre.  Two of the biggest bad beats Ive seen given the situation.  I must say you handled yourself incredibly well (better than I would) after these beats and did incredibly well to compose yourself and win the mini. I felt obligated to do this post because I don't know if you know, I achieved the same feat about 3 months ago - maybe we should start a club (a really sad and depressing club). I had lucked into HU on the main, and my luck ran out one hand too early when I went in behind and finished behind.  I was absolutely gutted - didnt know what to make of it and found myself thinking about the hands I played over and over again in my head for days.  You on the other hand have NOTHING to think about.  You got youre chips in good and thats all you can do.  Don't go beating yourself up like I did.  It's going to hurt for a while... a few weeks at least but you can take rest in the knowledge you played very very well and were just very very unlucky.  After a while the cash will sink in and you wont mind having the extra 1.5k to play with. Again vwp mate and super super unlucky.  Theres always tomorrows tournies. Will the jackpot ever go?
    Posted by gazza127

Nice post Gazza and well done/ v unlucky to the both of you (delete as applicable). 

I was really routing for Chris last night and was gutted with the way he missed out on so much money, hats off to you both though for the way you handled it. 

• edited January 2013
    Gr8 effort. VWP Sir.
    I love the fact that everyone was backing you. Im sure on other sites people would be selfish and want no one to win it, so they could try get jackpot themselves. But on the rail, people including myself were backing you all the way. Nice cashes.
  • edited January 2013
    Great effort. Sounds sick ul with those HU hands. wp though!
  • edited January 2013
    Ouch!!!

Very unlucky sir, but well played!
  • edited January 2013
    Hi Guys 

Firstly can i start by THANKING everybody who got behind me last night.

I can honestly say it took me back with how much support there was and how genuine the sky community are!
    For you guys me winning had no benefit for u and yet as usual you all got out there rooting for me to win.
    Was a great feeling and even if for only 2 hours it felt like i was a real poker pro! ( Reality i had to be in work for 8)
    Having had only 3 hours sleep with the usual.... What could i of done different? things going through my head etc etc I guess i really could not change what was meant to be!!!

Waking up £1500 richer should make any small player like me feel great however soooooo hard to knowing i was so close.
    Gazza great post and yes last night was probably one of the best and worst nights of my short poker career.
    Thanks for your kind words and yes now I know how u feel! SICK ha
    Your team/club suggestion is great we just need a name.
    Have to be honest tho hope we get no more members as pretty awful club to be in. Prefer to be in Dylans winners club.
    Dont worry i will be back again on the tables yet again trying to achieve the impossible dream!

Once again thanks EVERYBODY for your support RUN GOOD 

Chris

Chrisd......boy that was close!!!

• edited January 2013
    Super unlucky? the guy finished 2nd and 1st. He must've run pretty good to get that far. WP sir.
  • edited January 2013
    A superb effort, very well played. Clearly there's no more you could have done.

This is a strange situation in which it feels like congratulations and comiserations are both warranted at the same time.
  • edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: chrisdboy - jackpot miss:
    lessons pls
    Posted by yoyo
    Lol :)
  • edited January 2013
    Possible club name - 'The Jack-nots'

Haha how depressing.
  • edited January 2013
    Dont you get something for that... or is it the wrong way round.

Wd anyway sir 
  • edited January 2013
    If you keep playing as you are currently Chris then I am sure you will get another shot at the Jackpot pretty soon tbf, you always seem to be in the leading pack recently so wasn't exactly a fluke to get so close. 

Before I won it, a month previous I came something like 9th in the Mini and 1st in the Main (beating jakally HU - gotta get that one in), I blew up in the mini, I was 2/9 but levelled myself v the chip leader and was out, I know you came even closer than I did but I was also truely gutted at the time to get so close but it made me stronger and even more determind to win it if I ever came close again. 

Good luck Chris, I wish you all the best on the virtual felt! 
  • edited January 2013
    lessons pls
    Posted by yoyo
    Just keep getting it in bad, obv! 
  • edited January 2013
    If you keep playing as you are currently Chris then I am sure you will get another shot at the Jackpot pretty soon tbf, you always seem to be in the leading pack recently so wasn't exactly a fluke to get so close.  Before I won it, a month previous I came something like 9th in the Mini and 1st in the Main (beating jakally HU - gotta get that one in), I blew up in the mini, I was 2/9 but levelled myself v the chip leader and was out, I know you came even closer than I did but I was also truely gutted at the time to get so close but it made me stronger and even more determind to win it if I ever came close again.  Good luck Chris, I wish you all the best on the virtual felt! 
    Posted by dylan12

Shocking rubdowns from someone who has won the Jackpot. Mods....please ban!
  • edited January 2013
    Really unlucky Chris, I railed you towards the end and was pretty sickening to watch.

Amazing effort + result though!