You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Exit hand from tonights ME

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
3 places from the cash bubble, is this standard or is there an arguement for folding pre flop to the 4-bet?

Post flop are the chips always going in here?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
MRBURNS4 Small blind  400.00 400.00 34040.75
GuardC4t Big blind  800.00 1200.00 31754.08
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

sammy550 Fold     
sadsacuk77 Fold     
edgeworth7 Raise  1600.00 2800.00 37450.16
Slykllist Raise  2600.00 5400.00 26457.00
MRBURNS4 Fold     
GuardC4t Raise  4800.00 10200.00 26954.08
edgeworth7 Fold     
Slykllist Call  3000.00 13200.00 23457.00
Flop

• Q

GuardC4t Bet  6400.00 19600.00 20554.08
Slykllist All-in  23457.00 43057.00 0.00
GuardC4t Call  17057.00 60114.00 3497.08
GuardC4t Show
  • K
  • K

Slykllist Show
  • Q
  • A

Turn

River

GuardC4t Win Pair of Kings 60114.00  63611.08

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Why make such a small 3-bet?

Anyway, yes I think you should fold to the cold-4-bet. What range are you giving your opponent for this 4-bet? Unless you have reads to say otherwise, then generally you should assume that your opponent isn't cold-4-betting light and therefore you should assign them a premium range: AA, KK, QQ and AK. That entire range dominates AQ so there's no reason to continue in the hand. You know this, Slykllist.

On the flop, the question remains; What range are you giving your opponent for 4-betting pre-flop and c-betting the flop? The reasoning for calling pre-flop must be that you think he can be 4-betting light, so just call this c-bet. If he has nothing you want him to keep betting so flat and give him the chance to fire the turn. You're in position, so you don't need to worry about losing value considering one more bet sets him all-in.

It's almost certainly a fold pre-flop, though. If I think he's 4-betting wide, then I probably just 5-bet, given these stacks. You mention no such meta-game, though, and it would be very unusual.
  • edited January 2013
    The 4 bet from them looks very strong. Aa,kk,qq,ak etc. you're not in good shape against any of them and on the flop only beating one of them.  Probable sigh fold to the 4bet for me and leave myself 30bb. Only reason I wouldn't is if they have been very active before as it is close to the bubble. 

On the flop I'm going broke on that too. If you're not then what flop are you hoping to see with aq?  Queen high is probably as good as you can hope for. 
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Exit hand from tonights ME:
    The 4 bet from them looks very strong. Aa,kk,qq,ak etc. you're not in good shape against any of them and on the flop only beating one of them.  Probable sigh fold to the 4bet for me and leave myself 30bb. Only reason I wouldn't is if they have been very active before as it is close to the bubble.  On the flop I'm going broke on that too. If you're not then what flop are you hoping to see with aq?  Queen high is probably as good as you can hope for
    Posted by cenachav
    A high woul;d have been nice ;)

Otherwise I agree with everything both you and Borin Loner said, although I might include JJ in his range.

Oh, and I had good reason for the small 3-bet sizing
  • edited January 2013
    Calling the cold 4 with AQ is pretty bad.

Jamming the flop is even worse. DUCY?
  • edited January 2013
    Calling the cold 4 with AQ is pretty bad. Jamming the flop is even worse. DUCY?
    Posted by NColley
    Yeah, I've not posted it here because I thought I played it perfectly ;)

I only post in here when I'm looking for advice on better lines to take in future.

Having discussed the hand here and elsewhere, I actually like a small 5-bet preflop from the button.

Out of interest.... given we've flatted a 4-bet pre (which I know is bad!), what do we think of flatting the flop bet here?
  • edited January 2013
    Flat pre dont 3 bet unless you have the intention of getting it in and i dont like the idea of getting it in here.  If i had some history with a player who i know is crazy i may 3 bet to induce but in this particular spot its better to flat pre imo and play through the streets.
  • edited January 2013
    ez fold unless oppo is crazy mofo

think 3 bet is fine

think a click back 5 bet is very bad, not folding out any of oppo cold 4 bet range - only going to be behind all the time unless oppo gets funky with JJ/10's - think your praying to god that oppo going to be light -

u don't mention that oppo has been very active so I assume oppo hasn't been, cold 4 bet close to bubble is what it is
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Exit hand from tonights ME : Yeah, I've not posted it here because I thought I played it perfectly ;) I only post in here when I'm looking for advice on better lines to take in future. Having discussed the hand here and elsewhere, I actually like a small 5-bet preflop from the button. Out of interest.... given we've flatted a 4-bet pre (which I know is bad!), what do we think of flatting the flop bet here?
    Posted by Slykllist
    With the intention of......... ????..................

Don't think 5b/folding from <40xbb is a good idea! :s

• edited January 2013

3 bet fold pre, 3 bet bigger.
    In the flop you are only getting called by better.

• edited January 2013
    A cold four bet from the blinds should be assigned the most nutted of ranges unless we have very good reasons against this.  I am fine with the three bet size to be honest but I am making that sizing to get more calls than folds from the original raiser, play in position against them, build a pot and take it away.

If I did call the four bet I want more than a pair to continue.  Lots of pairs and or blues would get me going.
  • edited January 2013
    A cold four bet from the blinds should be assigned the most nutted of ranges unless we have very good reasons against this.  I am fine with the three bet size to be honest but I am making that sizing to get more calls than folds from the original raiser, play in position against them, build a pot and take it away. If I did call the four bet I want more than a pair to continue.  Lots of pairs and or blues would get me going.
    Posted by TommyD
    Snap!
  • edited January 2013
    Cold 4 on sky from a random is always AA or KK... (occasionally AK or QQ)

very few players cold 4 as a bluff... 

very few players cold 4 worse for value.... 

just a fold pre innit... 
  • edited January 2013
    Just because we have aq doesnt mean we have to 3 bet.  Id much prefer a flat call and take it through the streets with position.
  • edited January 2013
    call pre fold to the 4bet.
  • edited January 2013
    surely this comes down to if oppo will call our 3 bet with worse doesn't it

have to agree though calling will keep in worse Ax's

just depends doesn't it ?
  • edited February 2013
    will he call with worse/can he 4b/f/will he 4b for v with worse
  • edited February 2013
    Looking down through the betting...preflop the villian 4 bets.. then bets less than half the pot?????, that to me is suspicious...generally people do this for one reason..they're wanting you to go in over the top with a raise, pot commit you and then jam over the top and get you all in...cause they're on a monster.
    It takes a while to work out the bluffers from the ones with monsters, but look out for this sort of tell
    .....even just playing down the streets, all your chips would end up going in...only option here is the fold preflop to the 4 bet and make it through the bubble
  • edited February 2013
    will he call with worse/can he 4b/f/will he 4b for v with worse
    Posted by percival09

Too many question remain unaswered, maybe readless it is just call the raise and play IP