You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i of folded?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
loolololloSmall blind 20.0020.002664.95
Marty642Big blind 40.0060.002281.29
 Your hole cards
  • K

HALL82Fold    
raggy94Fold    
chaseboyRaise 80.00140.001955.00
acer131Call 80.00220.002008.76
loolololloCall 60.00280.002604.95
Marty642Call 40.00320.002241.29
Flop

• K
  • K

loolololloBet 160.00480.002444.95
Marty642Fold    
chaseboyCall 160.00640.001795.00
acer131Call 160.00800.001848.76
Turn

loolololloCheck    
chaseboyBet 40.00840.001755.00
acer131Raise 160.001000.001688.76
loolololloCall 160.001160.002284.95
chaseboyCall 120.001280.001635.00
River

loolololloCheck    
chaseboyBet 1280.002560.00355.00
acer131Fold    
loolololloFold    
chaseboyMuck    
chaseboyWin 1280.00 1635.00
chaseboyReturn 1280.000.002915.00

Comments

• edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: should i of folded?:
    yes. fold pre
    Posted by jams88
    Big +1

Never ever call from the small blind with K4 in this situation
  • edited January 2013
    sooted
    Posted by loololollo
    Fold them quicker then, only gets you in more trouble
  • edited January 2013
    Why are you calling pre

Why are you donk betting, leading out 4 way, your not that strong here obv any King beats you

What can you beat when you call river? a9 10s Js etc have showdown value and would most likely check behind

All you can beat is some numpty whos gone crazy with 10j 10q
  • edited January 2013
    I love how he asks a question about his play postflop and most people just say fold pre. and that's why sky gets tonnes of hands in the clinic innit

yes u should fold pre obv, but it isn't horrific. 

I prefer checking to the opener than donking out so he can vbet his air/worse hands etc...
    if we donk otf I think I follow through and bet ott, but as played wp for c/c and not c/r

I hate calling pre w/ a hand like this and then folding trips otr, but I think it's a good laydown as I doubt villain is ever playing flop/turn/river this way with anything worse. so nice fold imo

try and hand select pre flop better, and play more in position etc... I'm sure you know all of this, but you're just a rec player trying to have some fun etc. take advice if you actually want to improve. The way this hand played out is a good example of why you should fold pre
  • edited January 2013
    I love how he asks a question about his play postflop and most people just say fold pre. and that's why sky gets tonnes of hands in the clinic innit yes u should fold pre obv, but it isn't horrific.  I prefer checking to the opener than donking out so he can vbet his air/worse hands etc... if we donk otf I think I follow through and bet ott, but as played wp for c/c and not c/r I hate calling pre w/ a hand like this and then folding trips otr, but I think it's a good laydown as I doubt villain is ever playing flop/turn/river this way with anything worse. so nice fold imo try and hand select pre flop better, and play more in position etc... I'm sure you know all of this, but you're just a rec player trying to have some fun etc. take advice if you actually want to improve. The way this hand played out is a good example of why you should fold pre
    Posted by percival09
    yeah true it is a trouble hand but i like playing loosely in early torny stages since you can stack people for a small cost with cards people dont expect you have
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: should i of folded? : yeah true it is a trouble hand but i like playing loosely in early torny stages since you can stack people for a small cost with cards people dont expect you have
    Posted by loololollo
    Yes you should have folded preflop... playing ''fish hands'' like this in the long term will cost you more money than it will earn. Limping in with this sort of hand in the BB and hitting the flop with your flush (cause thats all your playing for...and it's only a King high flush,) is one thing, but raising or calling raises with it is asking for trouble. Before playing these hands ask yourself..whats beating me preflop(in this case K5 upwards)...and once you've worked that out it will be an easy fold in future.
     The begining of any tournie is about building a stack and K4 suited is NOT the way to go... tighten up and play hands in position
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: should i of folded? : Yes you should have folded preflop... playing ''fish hands'' like this in the long term will cost you more money than it will earn. Limping in with this sort of hand in the BB and hitting the flop with your flush (cause thats all your playing for...and it's only a King high flush,) is one thing, but raising or calling raises with it is asking for trouble. Before playing these hands ask yourself..whats beating me preflop(in this case K5 upwards)...and once you've worked that out it will be an easy fold in future.  The begining of any tournie is about building a stack and K4 suited is NOT the way to go... tighten up and play hands in position
    Posted by larry1959
    you sir are wrong
  • edited February 2013
    HAVE.

HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE.

FFS!

• edited February 2013
    HAVE . HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE. FFS !
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Lol

Big +1 I hate terrible grammar
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: should i of folded? : Lol Big +1 I hate terrible grammar
    Posted by Lambert180
    give the guy a break hes asking for advice and u mock his grammar
    hes askin for advice.  think its  a fold  pre flop myself . get what hes trying to do . long term yeah callin with that pre will get ya in trouble. why dont ya no just raise pre and pretend to have some thing else then all in after u hit the flop and if ya have lost then thats just bad luck. and if ya all in he might think ya  bluffin and call.
  • edited February 2013
    raising pre also gives you some info on what they might have yeah. just dont raise with these hands all the time
  • edited February 2013
    u shud have called at the end to see what he had then make a note
  • edited February 2013
    Try to avoid  playing too loose, well you can play loose, and when you become a better player it will become more profitable to do so, but atm while you're still learning the most profitable strategy for you is just to play tight aggressive. 

fwiw this hand has huge reverse implied odds which i forgot to incl
  • edited February 2013
    pre is fine

post flop  is +1 for actually folding

you flop great but no need to take the betting lead, your kicker sux

check flop, bet turn, bet river

+1 to the reverse implied odds comment, but even though you can fold these trips - never fold the 2nd nut flush

your only specualting with 2-3% of your stack, it's fine - just gotta play post flop well enough to eithier lose the min or win the max - KJs would be better though )