You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

newbie following the limpers

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic
dont shout at me or I will cry,
I have been playing for a few months inthat time won 1 bounty hunter gone deep in others playing basic poker,no limpin playin position folding pretty cards out of position,this was at the start of my learning process,then I tried to play micro cash games played same basics but found I was getting called multy way and getting out flopped with rubbish, so on advice I upped my raises this did not have any effect as once the limpers where in they just called,
so tonight decided to play two b/h I found myself just following the limpers I know this is totally wrong yet I still doing it worse still I was calling with rubbish hoping to hit any advice on getting rid of this mind set would be welcome,I feel it might be fear of busting out early to the dreded 72 off

Comments

• edited January 2013

Playing micro cash tables where you are playing for pence..2p/4p.. the ethics of poker tend to go out of the window. Most at this level are playing for fun and don't have large bank rolls or are there to make large amounts of money. So dont get disheartened by it and ''go with the flow'' in other games
    Forget how they play and carry on with what you were doing before and play your tournies, premium cards UTG (under the gun,)... slightly wider range mid and a wider range still on the button. If you were making money at it why change? Play 2 or 3 tournies at a time if you get bored with one table..but space them about 15 mins apart
    If you want to try a different format, try the sng dym's... players tend to be tighter there and ABC poker works well.