You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

lack of players!!

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
not many players on this site during the day!!

Comments

• edited January 2013

Dam them players who have to work for a living.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to lack of players!!:
    not many players on this site during the day!!
    Posted by gaffer1976
    What you have to remember is Sky Poker is a stand alone poker site, running it's own software. When you play on the majority of other well known sites, you are only using a "Poker Skin" which is associated to a poker network sharing a single player data base.

"Most online pokerrooms don’t have enough players to keep the pokergames constantly running. That’s why a lot of those rooms team up and form a poker network. The biggest poker network in the world is a "well known Network". All poker sites (or ‘skins’) on the "well known network" use the same software, offer exactly the same games but share the same player base." So it looks like they have a bigger player base than they actually do and some of those players are from all ends of the world, not just the UK.

• edited January 2013

As far as I was aware stars is stand alone.
  • edited January 2013
    I can think of the 3 biggest sites right now that have their own skins. Not that this means anything and has nothing to do with the op, was just replying to an earlier comment. 

Sky only operates in the uk so obviously the player pool is going to be much smaller than other global sites. If you don't like it then move elsewhere. Each has their pro's and con's, and it's good to have the choice between all :-) yeah that's right americans i'm having a dig at u here