You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

help needed

ok, im at a BH torny table where my raises have NO impact? what do i do... shove pre or what?

eg1

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
etheySmall blind 20.0020.001310.00
loolololloBig blind 40.0060.004192.50
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

kolomishCall 40.00100.002300.00
andrew1947Fold    
1jaxonray1Fold    
MshortFold    
etheyRaise 140.00240.001170.00
loolololloRaise 320.00560.003872.50
kolomishCall 320.00880.001980.00
etheyCall 200.001080.00970.00
Flop

etheyAll-in 970.002050.000.00
loolololloFold    
kolomishCall 970.003020.001010.00
etheyShow

kolomishShow

Turn

River

etheyWinFull House, 6s and 8s3020.00 3020.00

Comments

• edited January 2013
    how much does it cost to enter this BH?
    if i know that it might help answer
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: help needed:
    how much does it cost to enter this BH? if i know that it might help answer
    Posted by craigcu12

• edited January 2013
    No, don't shove pre, just cos you have AK, does not mean you are going to win the pot. Play properly, play some poker, if you see a flop that you don't wanna continue on, just fold. You can't expect that AK is going to beat QT 100% of the time when a hand plays out or no-one would play anything but the nuts.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: help needed :   5.75
    Posted by loololollo
    with it being a low cost their will be a lot more loose and in experienced players so the chances are you will get lots who call with suited cards and any pocket pairs. also a shove will have a greater chance of getting callers just for the sake of a head prize in these low stakes.
    here your preflop play was ok and it was best to fold on the flop.
    your biggest mistake with your general play is from post flop because you are just not being aggressive enough when you do hit hands. i have a simular problem at times with my cash tables but in recent weeks i've got better and managed to gain more.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: help needed : with it being a low cost their will be a lot more loose and in experienced players so the chances are you will get lots who call with suited cards and any pocket pairs. also a shove will have a greater chance of getting callers just for the sake of a head prize in these low stakes. here your preflop play was ok and it was best to fold on the flop. your biggest mistake with your general play is from post flop because you are just not being aggressive enough when you do hit hands. i have a simular problem at times with my cash tables but in recent weeks i've got better and managed to gain more.
    Posted by craigcu12
    ok ty man makes sense
  • edited February 2013
    On a previous post you were defending a call with K4 suited in the BB, because you like to ''play cards people dont expect yoiu to have'' and try and take down these sort of hands, in the early stages... so why are you posting this and complaining that you were called and beaten at your own game????

Having said that..why reraise..you haven't got the nuts and preflop you are beaten by any pair...flat call the raise see a flop and fold if needed...save yourself some chips..
     In reply to Craig... getting all your chips in  preflop would have got you a called by the guy with the pocket 6's, if he's willing to call your reraise'he'd call an all in and you'd be out....see the flop first then extract the value..
  • edited February 2013
    I play the 35p BH for fun and the schooling there is terrible - surprised this happening at fiver level.

I think your play here is spot on and the 3 bet to try and thin the field is fine, glad to see u let go of AK when u whiff! Shoving pre is a losing play for sure - avoid coin flips early like the plague.
    66 calling is fishy IMHO to set mine as stacks no where deep enough to pay them off

My tips in these bingo fests:
    Playing in late postion really helps and pot control until you hit that monster;
    Join the limp fest with specualtive hands if getting a great price, but again ur waiting for monsters not top pair with JTs;
    3 Bet shove monster pairs, but go easy with AQ AK -- they're drawing hands at the end of the day;
    Remember most of the prize pool is for placing so dont go bounty crazy. Stick to a more "normal" SNG approach and pick up the bounites along the way.
    Sit tight early game, let a few limpits disappear. It's easier to isolate with a shorter table and some of the remaining players might be able to fold now and then.

Craig has a good point with the head hunters, you've probably played enough of these to see some of the crazy all-in calls, use that to you advantage but don't fall foul of it in 5050 or 6040 spots.

• edited February 2013
    On a previous post you were defending a call with K4 suited in the BB, because you like to ''play cards people dont expect yoiu to have'' and try and take down these sort of hands, in the early stages... so why are you posting this and complaining that you were called and beaten at your own game???? Having said that..why reraise..you haven't got the nuts and preflop you are beaten by any pair...flat call the raise see a flop and fold if needed...save yourself some chips..  In reply to Craig... getting all your chips in  preflop would have got you a called by the guy with the pocket 6's, if he's willing to call your reraise'he'd call an all in and you'd be out....see the flop first then extract the value..
    Posted by larry1959
    Not 3 betting here would be a mistake as in a small stakes tourney people will call and gamble with a hell of a lot worse so therefore ak becomes the effective nuts in a game like this.  You are going to lose so much value by only flat calling with ak here and not 3 betting.