You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

*****Thursday night live with Champion and Citrone***** Caption comp and the biggest lie...

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat

We’ve got four seats into sunday's mini primo to give to four contributions to the live show tonight so here’s a caption comp for starters!

I saw this on Alex Goulder’s facebook page and the caption did make me smile ‘dusk til pawn’  You may remember Alex as the SPT winner in Nottingham, he’s in Deauville now at the EPT and reckons no one will top that caption... I said that sounds like a challenge... so do your worst!

Also since ‘to bluff’ is ‘an attempt to deceive’ what’s the biggest lie you’ve ever a) told or b) heard?  When I was at school Stuart Davies told us all that page 3 stunner Samantha Fox was his girlfriend and he’d visit her in London on weekends.  We all believed him. He was 10 years old...

So! captions or biggest lies all considered for seats into the mini primo Sunday.

We’re live from 7 with the poker clinic and your hand requests at 8 mastercash coverage at 9 Top Of The Pots at 10 and Sky Poker Highlights at 11 including coverage of the 15K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter.

See you then!

Sarah xx

Comments

• edited January 2013
    I like your Check shirt Mate
  • edited January 2013
    whilst at work me and 3 workmates were told we had to work in leeds the following week. one of us (karl) tells the young gullible romanian that they speak a differant language there. i and other m8 back him stating that he better go over to waterstones and ask 4 a book on leedish.
    he was in there 20 mins argueing with the manager!!!!
  • edited January 2013
    Make sure to get your hand requests in for the poker clinic.... we just need to know the hand id and where the hand is from, and we can get it on the telly for you from 8pm!
  • edited January 2013
    Biggest lie

Do you promise to Love Honor and Obey?

I Do  ;o)

• edited January 2013
    Biggest lie I've told, a toss up between I flopped quads and you were drawing dead and when  I convinced my 6 year old neice that there was a number between 6 and 7 called numpt and counting in tens you would go sixty numpty seventy.  It worked until she asked her teacher at school the next day.

Biggest one I have been told was at an old workplace.  At the Christmas party the MD came down and assured us that our jobs were safe dispite the rumours.  The place was closed by the second week in January.

Caption, If I win this do I get a Cheque, mate?

I once had dinner with a chess grandmaster.  Unfortunately, there was a checkered tablecloth and it took him two hours to pass the salt!

Run well all and have fun
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: *****Thursday night live with Champion and Citrone***** Caption comp and the biggest lie...:
    whilst at work me and 3 workmates were told we had to work in leeds the following week. one of us (karl) tells the young gullible romanian that they speak a differant language there. i and other m8 back him stating that he better go over to waterstones and ask 4 a book on leedish. he was in there 20 mins argueing with the manager!!!!
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Ha ha! Brilliant Micky! Exactly the kind of thing we're after! More of these please!
  • edited January 2013
    Caption: "I've got King-Queen suited again. You?"
  • edited January 2013
    Caption: I suppose that we shouldn’t make any reference to “Bashing the Bishop” so the best I can do is “That seems to be a very dry board!”
  • edited January 2013
    can you wish Good Luck to EBBERDON in the Main BH tonight as well as BETTERHA1F and DTWBANDIT in the Roller who all won their seats courtesy of the ever popular AND GROWING Forum DTD 

TID
  • edited January 2013
    caption comp............. Carlo walks in and utters those immortal words "It's a never-ending game" this one
  • edited January 2013
    Caption Comp:

I practised this move on my shirt just before my tournament exit from the Austrian EPT to a flush on the river!
    I'm calling it "GoodKnight sweetHearts then it was GoodKnight Vienna"!
  • edited January 2013
    Caption Comp......Tarantino (on the right) says "I know when I've been Djangoed!" 
  • edited January 2013
    Another thought for the Caption competition

"But who would win if Bobby Fisch-er played Nigel Short-stack?"
  • edited January 2013
    Caption comp ...

Exclaimed: "I know it's the first move of the game but that's check mate nonetheless!!.... chump!"

• edited January 2013
     Hi Guys
    This lie wasnt the biggest but was the best.
    I know a couple of guys who are known for telling a few fibs so one night out in our local  they had a competition about who could tell the best lie.
    First guy said he saved a man from drowning whilst swimming in the Amazon fighting off the crocs , pirahnas and because of his bravery he got the medal of honour etc etc.
    Second guy says he also fought crocs, pirahnas saved people but he was that good he even swam up a waterfall.
    We were going to award the competition to the second guy until an old man in  the corner piped up whilst drinking his whiskey
    "THATS RIGHT LADS I SAW THEM"!
    Old man won
  • edited January 2013
    Hi Sarah and Carlo i have a question for Carlo regarding table selection in cash games.What do you consider are the most important things to look for before selecting a table to play at?

• edited January 2013
    Hi guys, great show as always

Caption suggestion:

With 2 queens and 2 kings on the board, and a tough decision, they called the clock on me and i just had to check.

or

While tikay tells a thrilling anecdote about concrete during hand for hand play, other tables find ways to pass the time.

ilera
  • edited January 2013

"And over on the Grand Master cash tables....."
  • edited January 2013
    The biggest lie I ever told was back in the early eighties.
    The first London marathon, inspired cities to host their own competitions.
    I blagged a free shirt from a friend who owned a sports shop and entered the Southampton Marathon.
    Before the race began, officials asked us our best times for the 26 miles.
    As I got the shirt for free on the proviso my photo together with his advertising for Aries Sports made the local press, I lied and said my best time was 2hours 30minutes.
    To my amazement they accepted my time and I found myself starting with the elite runners.
    I ran like a drinking mans version of Forest Gump! completing the first mile in 4 minutes and 38 seconds, led briefly and achieved the objective getting my photo in the local press!
    The downside was, 4 minutes and 58 seconds into the race, I was in the St Johns ambulance tent!
    The combination of boxers, talcum powder and rugby shorts, I found to my cost. Were more condusive to nappy rash than olympic qualifying times!
    I did get up from the stretcher and finish the race but 3 hours and 58 minutes wasn't quite good enough to make the Olympic team!
  • edited January 2013
    Caption comp ...

Well its your move!!! check raise or fold?? Mmmm i will CHECKMATE.
  • edited January 2013
    Logged straight off the cash tables after the 66 and 88 hand!!!

Already ran a set of 10's into Dub1's set of AA earlier and simultaneously had AA beaten by a rivered set of Queens on another table.

Thanks for being kind guys.
  • edited January 2013
    Hi guys, - am enjoying the show.

Please can you wish me luck as I'm currently playing the Mini B/H, courtesy of your wonderful Live show on Tuesday.

To make things better I'm currently 1st / 138! (prob not by the time you read this!)

also I'm feverishly playing the cash tables trying to scrape my last 25 points  together by midnight to qualify for your £10K Freeroll.

All in all a mental Night!!

oops 2nd now! - better get back to it.

thx,

- PJ
  • edited January 2013
    Biggest Lie

Yes darling, the earth moved!

:p
  • edited January 2013
    Mentality update:

still in top 10 of the mini B/H - well into the cash now.

only 8 poker points left to get by midnight.

keep your fingers crossed!

Wheeeeee!.
  • edited January 2013
    Life is like a game of Chess, changing with each move
    Shame that doesn't apply to shirts !!!
  • edited January 2013
    Final update - wWas getting pushed and pulled around & I finally finished 42nd winning £16.54 (inc head prizes) so thank you very much!

Had a great laugh & will use that £16 to get my last bunch of poker points over the next hour.

Thanks again.

- PJ

• edited January 2013

caption comp.

"Check out my playing style, be afraid be very afraid"
  • edited January 2013
    Hi guys, 

I used to work for a telesales company and one morning I went to work feeling slightly worse for ware after a heavy night on the lash, I decided to tell my boss that my lottery numbers had come up at the weekend but I couldn't find my ticket so I needed to go home to keep lookin for it. My boss duels obliged and off I went, about two hrs later, whilst I was chilling on my couch there was a knock at the door, on answering it there was a tv crew stood at my doorstep who had been informed by one of my work colleagues who had over heard my conversation with my boss, they had called the regional tv company who had sent a news crew to my house to find out more, being caught on the spot I carried on with my story saying I couldn't remember if I had bought a ticket the week before but if I had then my numbers had come up. Safe to say by the time the news crew left I was starting to wonder wether I should of thought of something a bit less extravagant,  later that evening we were sat watching the regional news channel and sure enough there I was in front of god knows how many people telling my story to the world, unfortunately the lotto ticket never turned up lol, however, it did add some credibility to my story after appearing on the tele.  Great show as. Usual guys
  • edited January 2013
    I PAWN(ed) off my CASTLE to the BISHOP who sold out to the KING and QUEEN of hearts the knave, fortunately I was rescued by a KNIGHT in shining armour!
    A lie and caption (sky) ROLLERED into one!
  • edited January 2013
    If I was that good at bluffing guys, I'd be doin a lot better with my bank roll ;)