You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This is what i thought bounty hunters were all about

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
I thought bounty hunters were all about getting heads.  I dont think there are many  players that would not have called when in the big blind, have a good chip stack and it is only 270 more to call.  Would you think it was an automatic call?  All i got for this call was continuous abuse and even following me with the abuse when tables change. result i hit a full house with my three. He had aces. yerActionCardsAmountPotBalanSceITIZIMESmall blind 40.0040.003540.00karllukeBig blind 80.00120.005292.50 Your hole cards3K   kettle9930Fold    Stevo_meFold    HubzterAll-in 352.50472.500.00Boab21Fold    ITIZIMECall 312.50785.003227.50karllukeCall 272.501057.505020.00Flop

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Easy call in a regular tourney yet alone a BH - it's around 4% of your stack, you have a suited King, you're closing the action and, as the short stack, his range is as wide as the English Channel.

Next hand! :)
  • edited February 2013
    good call he is always bad mouthing other players .
    ignore him and he is the one who gets upset.
  • ckdckd
    edited February 2013

yes its a poor call mate 

you should fold every hand untill they have the nuts then you should call them so they win. this is how they want you to play so should just do that so theres no problems 

lol 

what was the buy-in ?

• edited February 2013
    Play however you like. Tell anyone who wants to give you stick to.... stick it somewhere else.

The only complication is that this isn't a call just against the shortstack. The second player in the hand is likely to have better than K3 and we don't want to get into a situation of putting in lots of chips through the streets with K3. We do have position but I'd probably fold.

Of course, it depends on the relative value of the bounty and on the range we perceive the small blind to have. If he can have a very wide range then we might want to 3-bet rather than call. We can't be relying on making the best hand against this player down the streets if we want our pre-flop call to be profitable in the long-run. We need to be able to take it away from him at some stage if we don't make our hand.
  • edited February 2013
    Auto call with any two there.  Only time it could possibly not be is if you have someone to act after you who likes to shove to isolate.  Not applicable in this case so call all day long
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: This is what i thought bounty hunters were all about:
    good call he is always bad mouthing other players . ignore him and he is the one who gets upset.
    Posted by rainman397
    thanks good info for future it not just me
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: This is what i thought bounty hunters were all about:
     yes its a poor call mate   you should fold every hand untill they have the nuts then you should call them so they win. this is how they want you to play so should just do that so theres no problems  lol  what was the buy-in ?Posted by ckd
    £11 pounds

• edited February 2013