You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SNG's - what happended to regular tables

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
so I was on last night playing a few games of double up, then decided to find a regular table (top 2 finish) to find about 3 people on.  The only tables filling up were double up's?  Is skypoker dominated by double up tables or was this a one off?  

Comments

• edited February 2013
    No this is pretty normal on Sky Poker. It's a shame but the regular SnG's just don't get going very often. It's really difficult for a site like Sky to draw traffic away from Stars when you can sign up to a sit and go on Stars and be playing in two minutes but you can be left waiting half an hour on here.

There was a thread suggesting ideas for a new Sit and Go promotion a while ago but it seems that it hasn't gone anywhere. If you want to play any sort of high volume of SnG's, you have to go elsewhere unfortunately.

The structure of these on Sky needs some improvement anyway. The blind levels are too fast and the jumps are too steep so I wouldn't worry about not being able to play them.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: SNG's - what happended to regular tables:
    No this is pretty normal on Sky Poker. It's a shame but the regular SnG's just don't get going very often. It's really difficult for a site like Sky to draw traffic away from Stars when you can sign up to a sit and go on Stars and be playing in two minutes but you can be left waiting half an hour on here. There was a thread suggesting ideas for a new Sit and Go promotion a while ago but it seems that it hasn't gone anywhere. If you want to play any sort of high volume of SnG's, you have to go elsewhere unfortunately. The structure of these on Sky needs some improvement anyway. The blind levels are too fast and the jumps are too steep so I wouldn't worry about not being able to play them.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    thanks for the info mate.  looks like its pokerstars for me.......I quite like double up's but as you say the blind levels jump far too quickly.  i'v been playing on poker winner and they have double up tables with a 7 minute blind interval that's much more manageable!