You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Jackpot Changes - Less, More........

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat

Good morning.

Effective as & from today, & until further notice, the Sky Poker Jackpot will change.

It will be reduced to £5,000, for winning both.

However, a share of the Sky Poker Jackpot will be paid to any player who FINAL TABLES both the Nightly Main & the Nightly Mini.

The scale of payment varies. Some examples would be......

Win BOTH - Payment £5,000

2nd in Mini, 3rd in Main, £750

1st in Mini, 3rd in Main, £1,500.

6th in both - £50

The full range of Jackpot Prizes, along with the Terms & Conditions, can be found HERE 

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Looks good! Bet chris wish it got updated sooner tho after his1st and 2nd :D
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Jackpot Changes - Less, More........:
    Looks good! Bet chris wish it got updated sooner tho after his1st and 2nd :D
    Posted by shaun09
    Ouch!

Yes, I think he would have won (cue Jim Bowen impression) £2,500.

Anyway, the new system should see a lot more winners.

Good for the Community too, many regulars here kindly Post when a player goes deep in both, & the railers flock to the Tables to cheer them on, so we should see a lot more of that now.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Sky Poker Jackpot Changes - Less, More........:
    Good morning. Effective as & from today, & until further notice, the Sky Poker Jackpot will change. It will be reduced to £5,000, for winning both. However, a share of the Sky Poker Jackpot will be paid to any player who FINAL TABLES both the Nightly Main & the Nightly Mini. The scale of payment varies. Some examples would be...... Win BOTH - Payment £5,000 2nd in Mini, 3rd in Main, £750 1st in Mini, 3rd in Main, £1,500.   6th in both - £50 The full range of Jackpot Prizes, along with the Terms & Conditions, can be found HERE   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Does this mean the Jackpot is a fixed amount now?

i.e it won't decrease if someone wins a part of / the full 5k ?
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Sky Poker Jackpot Changes - Less, More........ : Does this mean the Jackpot is a fixed amount now? i.e it won't decrease if someone wins a part of / the full 5k ?
    Posted by s2db2dk2ds
    Good question Mr s2db2kgsc2mikfx2lsjj2jgss2.

I should have included that info in my OP, but I did it at half six this morning or somesuch & was rushing hither & thither, apologies.

The Jackpot amount is FIXED at £5,000. It does NOT increase weekly if nobody wins, & will NOT decrease to below £5,000 if someone has a draw.

I don't know the timescales envisaged, but as far as I am aware, it is open-ended, & until further notice. 

Whilst this Promo is in place, it will always be £5,000, & the payment will be exactly as per the Matrix on the Promo Page.  

• edited February 2013
    Love this concept, Will definately encourage me to play main and mini more regularly wd sky.
  • edited February 2013

TBF, this was suggested several times by members of the community, including me. Not sure it is 'correct' to do this change before the rolling Jackpot has gone but agree a change was needed.

....Watch someone win BOTH tonight, and lose out on 5K! Cue them threads.....:)
  • edited February 2013
    Only took 2 bubbled jackpot attempts for something to be done about this. agree with maxally that the rolling jackpot should be won first before introducing this as the prizepool has been reduced. Good idea and im onboard but timing is all wrong.... (especially for me and chris).
  • edited February 2013
    also agree,jackpot over 10k and getting bigger and they change it,i think thats wrong.should be changed after jackpots won!!
  • edited February 2013
    This should not be changed until after the jackpot is won IMO.

As it got to 10k sky are thinking this is too much and have changed to suit and is totally unfair IMO.

• edited February 2013
    It's a bit like me betting with someone a grand that villa stay in the premier league then as we are doing so bad and it's looking so likely, drop the bet down to £50 if we go down in 18th, £75 in 19th and £100 if we finish bottom.

• edited February 2013
    Should honour the original promotion before any changes IMO

• edited February 2013

Hi all

With the new Final Table Jackpot there is more money up for grabs overall and it will reward more people more regularly. It's obviously possible for more than one person to win in a night and as some people have already pointed out, it's more achievable and so we want people to benefit from this sooner.

Thanks
    Sky Poker

• edited February 2013
    Hi all With the new Final Table Jackpot there is more money up for grabs overall and it will reward more people more regularly. It's obviously possible for more than one person to win in a night and as some people have already pointed out, it's more achievable and so we want people to benefit from this sooner. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    I totally agree that it's a way better structured jackpot payout and well done to sky for this, but just think that the original promotion should be honoured first. #justsaying

• edited February 2013
    ye lets wait another 3 years for someone to win it before we change it
  • edited February 2013
    Hi all With the new Final Table Jackpot there is more money up for grabs overall and it will reward more people more regularly. It's obviously possible for more than one person to win in a night and as some people have already pointed out, it's more achievable and so we want people to benefit from this sooner. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker

I think I'm right in saying that only £7350 is now up for grabs at any one time? i.e. someone finished 1st and 1st. someone else finishes 2nd and 2nd etc etc.  And obviously the most one person can win is 5k... which is half what is was before.  I just think sky have gone about this all wrong.  A bit of fair warning would have been nice.  Just seems suspicious implementing it straight after the jackpot went up to 10k...
  • edited February 2013
    Posted by HiJoker
    ^   ^
    this is quite possibe.change it now
  • edited February 2013
    Posted by HiJoker
    +1. I dont think people are appreciating how hard it actually is to hit a 1st in both. It could take another 6 months to a year for anyone to get this if not longer (ok possibly shorter) meanwhile there could be several people hitting 2/3,1/2,1/3 and so on and not getting kind of jackpot bonus including any number of you guys. Then they will be wishing the change had been brought in sooner !
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Jackpot Changes - Less, More........ : +1. I dont think people are appreciating how hard it actually is to hit a 1st in both. It could take another 6 months to a year for anyone to get this if not longer (ok possibly shorter) meanwhile there could be several people hitting 2/3,1/2,1/3 and so on and not getting kind of jackpot bonus including any number of you guys. Then they will be wishing the change had been brought in sooner !
    Posted by Sharksbite

Indeed, and that's why it will pay out far more often.

There are 36 payouts now (of which 6 could hit on the same night) vs one on the old promotion. Which is what we were meaning by more money on offer (over time). Think of the number of times people have come close and won nothing.

It's very likely we will pay out more. In fact, after a quick look at a full year (2012) we reckon would have been at least 14 winners that we know of under the new system vs the 1 on the old system and the amount paid out would have been around 66% more.

We never expect to make everyone happy but we think this is much better, more generous and pays more people more often.

Good luck everyone.

• edited February 2013

The higher the old jackpot went, the cheaper it got for Sky. I don't think people realise that in commenting on the "suspicious" nature of the change.

As long as the old promotion was not won, it rose by only £100 per week. If it was won, say, every 12 weeks, the cost would have been much greater, though each individual payment would have been only £6200 on average.

The purpose of the Jackpot promotion is to encourage more players to play the main and mini events. The fact that the old promotion hadn't paid out in nearly a year almost made it a non-incentive because it seemed a near-impossible challenge. This new structure should benefit Sky by encouraging more players to buy-in. It will do that because people will now recognise that their chances of a payout are vastly increased. I'd think it's very likely that this will payout more money in the long-run than the old format.

I'm sure it would be possible for someone to keep track of the payouts from this, using GaryQQQ's thread, to work out how much more or less is paid out under this new structure than under the old. I'm not going to do that, though. lol

• ckdckd
    edited February 2013

i think this is so unfair and should be changed to make it easy

finish in the main in the top 1000 and mini in the top 1000 and win the 5k

lol

good idea to make it final table's makes it more realistic to get something 
  • edited February 2013
    Glass is always half empty for some people

nice change SKY, even though for two people it is a bit of a rub )
  • edited February 2013
    Good idea.

As Tikay says you can never please everyone.

If someone comes 1st and 2nd tonight and they didn't make this change, there would be moaning.

If someone comes 1st and 1st tonight and they do make the change, there would be moaning.

It's just the way it is, and long term I do think this will pay out more often and more in total. The only thing is, I think it defeats the object of being called a jackpot and perhaps the name needs changing.

• edited February 2013
  • edited February 2013
    I like the idea and will encourage me to play the main and mini more often

Just a shame about the timing. It was getting more exciting evry week  watching the JP  go up and unfornately thats been taken away  .  It would have been perfect timing if Chrisdboy had won it the other night
  • edited February 2013
    Maybe Put the 5k freeroll up to 10k like the new players get :D Then we have the £5k back :P
  • edited February 2013
    If the £10k has been replaced with this promotion before it was won then that is plain wrong!  Shame on you sky!  You are obviously not aiming for operator  of the year this year?
  • edited February 2013
    Sky have the right to change promotions as and when they see fit. They don't need to justify it to their customers. If anyone actually bothers to read the terms and conditions it usually always states 'Sky reserves the right to edit/remove/change this promotion as they see fit'.
  • edited February 2013
    Sky have the right to change promotions as and when they see fit. They don't need to justify it to their customers. If anyone actually bothers to read the terms and conditions it usually always states 'Sky reserves the right to edit/remove/change this promotion as they see fit'.
    Posted by NColley
    I think people realise that they can do it. Just that its seems unfair. imo idm we havent really lost any thing,
  • edited February 2013
    This is a good change, gets my support. I reckon far more cash will be paid out than under the old system.

Understandably the guys who had near-misses under the old system will be wishing this had been brought in sooner, but I see no grounds for anybody else to complain.
  • edited February 2013
    I bet they have to pay out 20k before anyone wins the 5k 'jackpot'