You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Chat box question

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
Do Sky keep a record of chat box conversations and for how long?

Reason i ask is that i witnessed and was subject to some vile abuse yesterday and want to report it.

Thanks

Comments

• edited February 2013
    This isint the place. Contact Customer Support and they have chat logs, They will check it out and deal with it appropriately 
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Chat box question:
    This isint the place. Contact Customer Support and they have chat logs, They will check it out and deal with it appropriately 
    Posted by shaun09
    I was only asking a question !
    I have sent it to CC now.
  • edited February 2013
    The chat should be on file some where.

I have noticed a significant increase in chat box abuse in the past few weeks...i take it as a compliment now that if i am not playing as these players suggest "i should be playing" then i am unpredictable which is good.

I don't declare to be a good player (far from it) i am a recreational player with a full time job who would rather play a bit of poker in the evening than watch TV so i don't really need the player on my table (and usually a few of his mates who are not playing) telling me how bad i am cos i played a 45 suited against his AA min raise and hit a straight (then he decided to call the all in bet of 4500 chips in a 200 chip pot).

I enjoy playing and take bad beats with a smile now but more often than not the chat box is closed...that said...no one should have to put with abuse.

It merely reiterates some thing i was told by my dad many many years ago..."as you go through life you will find there are some real diamond people, but there are far more complete c0cks".
  • edited February 2013
    The chat should be on file some where. I have noticed a significant increase in chat box abuse in the past few weeks...i take it as a compliment now that if i am not playing as these players suggest "i should be playing" then i am unpredictable which is good. I don't declare to be a good player (far from it) i am a recreational player with a full time job who would rather play a bit of poker in the evening than watch TV so i don't really need the player on my table (and usually a few of his mates who are not playing) telling me how bad i am cos i played a 45 suited against his AA min raise and hit a straight (then he decided to call the all in bet of 4500 chips in a 200 chip pot). I enjoy playing and take bad beats with a smile now but more often than not the chat box is closed...that said...no one should have to put with abuse. It merely reiterates some thing i was told by my dad many many years ago..."as you go through life you will find there are some real diamond people, but there are far more complete c0cks".
    Posted by g-master
    Nice reply G thanks
  • edited February 2013
    I dont know how long the chat logs are kept but I would think for a very long time. They will archive them all probably.

You get chat abuse on all sites. The only way to deal with it is to report it. I press the moderator button on another site quite alot. It's good cos it is anonomous. LOL

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Chat box question : I was only asking a question ! I have sent it to CC now.
    Posted by VespaPX
    Sorry i was multitabling when replying, so was only a quick reply. I was only trying to help also... Sorry it came across wrong...I wont bother next time xD
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Chat box question : Sorry i was multitabling when replying, so was only a quick reply. I was only trying to help also... Sorry it came across wrong...I wont bother next time xD
    Posted by shaun09
    No problem Shaun
    Hope you're running well on all those tables ! :-)
  • edited February 2013
    Hi guys

We keep a record of all chat history so if you witness/on the receiving end of any abuse, please write down the table number and inform customer care.

They will look into and take the appropriate action.

As Shaun, please don't talk about specific abuse/users on here but thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Hope all is well now.

Cheers, 
    Jordan