You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MY FELLOW TIKAYERS... LEND ME YOUR EARS.. (and maybe some chips later?)

Hmmm, I'm too motivated too early. Any conversation for the next 7 hours will simply be meaningless screaming and chest-beating, thanks a bunch

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Boss Master Tikay,  Chief Promoter, Grinder-in -Chief Hoggers, Chief Agitator, She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed, List maker Jan, Chaplain Vaigret, Official DooDoo dancer and all fellow Tikay citizens, we observe today not a victory of party, but a celebration of VELOCITY- symbolizing an end (to the Orfordites) , as well as a beginning (Of the Orfordites realization that they are indeed BEATEN)- signifying renewal, as well as change. For I have sworn before you..(sorry about that, I did apologize and put £3 in the swear box)... and Almighty Giddens the same solemn oath our foreBears, Grizzly bears and DonkeyBears, prescribed nearly a century and three quarters ago... or at least 7 days..almost.

The GAME is very different now... There's the speedy blinds and stuff for starters..For man (and woman)  holds in his seven cards cards the power to abolish all forms of Orfordite Opression and all forms of Orfordite gloating. And yet the same revolutionary beliefs for which our foreBears fought Donkeys, are still at issue around the table - the belief that the rights of players come not from the generosity of the deck,  but from the hand of
    The Poker Gid

Let every ORF know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay ANY raise, bear any Re-Raise, meet any All-in, support any friend, oppose any ORF-foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of Team Tikay

This much we pledge - and more.

We dare not tempt them with weakness. For only when our chipstacks are sufficient beyond doubt can we be certain beyond doubt that they will NEVER be victorious!!

Let us never negotiate a pot out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate the  pot.

Let us seek to invoke the wonders of the CHECK RAISE instead of its terrors. Together let us explore the Flop, conquer the Turn,  tap the River, and encourage the filling of the pot. 

In your hands, my fellow TIKAYERS, more than in mine (especially after last night's PTP performance  *pout*) will rest the final success or failure of our course. Since this TEAM was founded, each generation of  Poker Players has been summoned to give testimony to its Sky Poker loyalty. The  seats of young (and some admittedly slightly more 'Mature' ;) who answered the call to service surround the Site. 

Now the TKO summons us again - not as a call to bear arms ..(or hands), though arms we need (Hands would be good too); not as a call to battle, though embattled we are - but a call to bear (there's that bear again) the burden of a long night's struggle, hour in and hour out, "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation" - a struggle against the common enemies of man (and woman):  VINCE, JEAGERBOMB, MACKA, SHAZ NOSEYBONK, D3ADH4NDS ..an in fact all ORFORDITES!! and
    THE DARK LORD himself. 

Will you join in that historic effort? 

In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending TEAM TIKAY in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shank from this responsibility - I welcome it. I do not believe that any of us would exchange places with any other people (especially those degenerates on Orfords side) or any other generation. The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavour will light our Team and all who serve it -- and the glow from that fire can truly light the world (wide web). 

And so, my fellow
    TIKAYER S ask not what your CAPTAIN can do for you - ask what you can do for your CAPTAIN.

I thank you.

Lisa-Marie Long
    Heckler-In-Chief
    TEAM TICKAY

(Did I do good Boss?!)

• edited December 2009

You did wonderful Lisa.

Quality heckleage that. Which is your role.

PS - What can you do for your Captain? Well, as you ask.......

Bust the Orf Donks!
  • edited December 2009
    A rousing speech, a call to all of Team Tikay to stand up (or sit up very straight as we don't want to pull anything) and be counted. Orford take note, we are resolute on the destruction of the dark side !
  • edited December 2009
    very very good and as a fellow tikayer may i say your words are inspiring
  • edited December 2009
    Typical; the going starts to get tough and you call in the bleeding yanks.
    Anyway, when they finally arrive, it will be all over bar the shouting.
    You can spout "Dead Kennedys" lyrics as much as you like but you're still going to lose.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: MY FELLOW TIKAYERS... LEND ME YOUR EARS.. (and maybe some chips later?):
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Good try Baldrick. Try harder.

IMPOSTER!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: MY FELLOW TIKAYERS... LEND ME YOUR EARS.. (and maybe some chips later?):
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    I couldnt agree more jaeger,a rousing speech i too am now fully motivated
  • edited December 2009
    Lol Majj.. Read War and peace...this should Suffice!

Boss: LET"S KICK 'EM WHILE THE'RE DOWN ;)

Acesover8s: rofl Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

Jaegerorf.. GET OFF OUR THREAD INFIL-TRAITOR!!
  • edited December 2009
    I'm playing this one tonight, so that Orford lad hasn't got a chance ;)
  • edited December 2009
    N1 Dave!! GOOD LUCK to us all!! 

• edited December 2009
    N1 Dave!! GOOD LUCK to us all!! 
    Posted by LML
      We dont need luck our skill and our great leadership will see us to victory
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: MY FELLOW TIKAYERS... LEND ME YOUR EARS.. (and maybe some chips later?) :   We dont need luck our skill and our great leadership will see us to victory
    Posted by Talon

Hear Hear!!! Our great Leader is here rallying the troups...where is ORFORD??  eh?? EH???
  • edited December 2009
    TEAM TIKAY,

They talk about fear.. They talk about  Pride....they talk about marginally rehashed television programmes with over beefed leotards and silly names..

This can mean only one thing..

We have them right where we want them!!

Beneath us ;)
  • edited December 2009
    • In Response to Re: MY FELLOW TIKAYERS... LEND ME YOUR EARS.. (and maybe some chips later?):
      TEAM TIKAY, They talk about fear.. They talk about  Pride....they talk about marginally rehashed television programmes with over beefed leotards and silly names.. Yhis can mean only one thing.. We have them right where we want them!! Beneath us ;)
      Posted by LML
      what???? you want to be on top of Richard in a leotard?? :-o
  • edited December 2009

I'm exhausted just reading all the posts.  At work today so can't generate any further lists. 

Good Luck everyone in the great Team Tikay.

• edited December 2009
    The last time i felt this anxious and excited was on the day my daughter was due, mind you I was still in the pub watching the Wales V Ireland rugby match ( wales won the grand slam ) god it was a good day. lets hope this is better

Loyal Subject...Shanker1974
  • edited December 2009

Well done lisa i shall hopefully be more useful than last week. good luck team tikay

• edited December 2009
    Talking of ..marginally rehashed television programmes with over beefed leotards and silly names.. I know Panther, she lives in my home town, and happy she is not. The thought of being used for such a cause by a losing team has filled her with hate and furious anger. Her exact words.... "I'm a Winner not an orfordite..... Tell Rich he's Dead"

I went to see her in the gym she works at and once i informed her of what the Dark Lord had done she vowed to tear him limb from limb. (she did this while bench pressing a 26 stone man to ease her fury...... he had been walking by as i told her what i had seen and she scooped him up and began lifting)

I tried to calm her down, "Kara" i said (as that is her name) "Kara, it is only a game and i'm sure Richard Orford meant no disrespect to you" But she was having none of it !!!!!

She mentioned something about head crushing before speeding off in the general direction of the Sky Poker Studio?

I only post this as fair warning to Orford, If i had insulted a former Great Britain Discus Thrower and Current TV Gladiator in such a fashion i would probably leave the studio and go into hiding................ Don't Worry if we don't see you tonight in the TKO Rich, we all understand and will still respect you just as much once all is said and done

Chris
  • edited December 2009
    Talking of ..marginally rehashed television programmes with over beefed leotards and silly names.. I know Panther, she lives in my home town, and happy she is not. The thought of being used for such a cause by a losing team has filled her with hate and furious anger. Her exact words.... "I'm a Winner not an orfordite..... Tell Rich he's Dead"
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
     ..er.. Don't tell I said 'that eh?

Good work Aces.

x
  • edited December 2009
    Oh Lisa, it's such a shame and quite disappointing to see someone as young and beautiful as you being dragged so deeply into the seedy and debauched world of tea parties and knitting circles! Quite depressing really! I'm sure there must be a clause in your contract that would allow you to get into rehab and return as a fully refreshed member of TEAM ORFORD!!! Please have your lawyers look into this immediately!! ;-)
  • edited December 2009
    Truly motivational Lisa.

I am now ready for battle
  • edited December 2009
    "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH" hehe :P
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to MY FELLOW TIKAYERS... LEND ME YOUR EARS.. (and maybe some chips later?):
    Boss Master Tikay ,  Chief Promoter, Grinder-in -Chief Hoggers, Chief Agitator, She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed, List maker Jan, Chaplain Vaigret, Official DooDoo dancer and all fellow Tikay citizens , we observe today not a victory of party, but a celebration of VELOCITY- symbolizing an end (to the Orford ites) , as well as a beginning (Of the Orford ites realization that they are indeed BEATEN)- signifying renewal, as well as change. For I have sworn before you..(sorry about that, I did apologize and put £3 in the swear box)... and Almighty Giddens the same solemn oath our foreBears, Grizzly bears and DonkeyBears, prescribed nearly a century and three quarters ago... or at least 7 days..almost. The GAME is very different now... There's the speedy blinds and stuff for starters..For man (and woman)  holds in his seven cards cards the power to abolish all forms of Orford ite Opression and all forms of Orford ite gloating. And yet the same revolutionary beliefs for which our foreBears fought Donkeys, are still at issue around the table - the belief that the rights of players come not from the generosity of the deck,  but from the hand of The Poker Gid .  Let every ORF know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay ANY raise, bear any Re-Raise, meet any All-in, support any friend, oppose any ORF-foe , in order to assure the survival and the success of Team Tikay .  This much we pledge - and more. We dare not tempt them with weakness. For only when our chipstacks are sufficient beyond doubt can we be certain beyond doubt that they will NEVER be victorious!!   Let us never negotiate a pot out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate the  pot . Let us seek to invoke the wonders of the CHECK RAISE instead of its terrors. Together let us explore the Flop, conquer the Turn,  tap the River, and encourage the filling of the pot.  In your hands, my fellow TIKAYERS, more than in mine (especially after last night's PTP performance  *pout*) will rest the final success or failure of our course. Since this TEAM was founded, each generation of  Poker Players has been summoned to give testimony to its Sky Poker loyalty. The  seats of young (and some admittedly slightly more 'Mature' ;) who answered the call to service surround the Site.  Now the TKO summons us again - not as a call to bear arms ..(or hands), though arms we need (Hands would be good too); not as a call to battle, though embattled we are - but a call to bear (there's that bear again) the burden of a long night's struggle, hour in and hour out, "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation" - a struggle against the common enemies of man (and woman):  VINCE, JEAGERBOMB, MACKA, SHAZ NOSEYBONK, D3ADH4NDS ..an in fact all ORFORDITES!! and THE DARK LORD himself.  Will you join in that historic effort?  In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending TEAM TIKAY in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shank from this responsibility - I welcome it. I do not believe that any of us would exchange places with any other people (especially those degenerates on Orfords side ) or any other generation. The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavour will light our Team and all who serve it -- and the glow from that fire can truly light the world (wide web).  And so, my fellow TIKAYER S ask not what your CAPTAIN can do for you - ask what you can do for your CAPTAIN. I thank you. Lisa-Marie Long Heckler-In-Chief TEAM TICKAY (Did I do good Boss?!)
    Posted by LML
    WOW, great post Lisa - I've just ran into the hallway and challenged a techie to a duel!  We need you in the team meetings methinks...
  • edited December 2009
    Very well put Lisa.
    I will do my best for team and country tonight.
  • edited December 2009
    this is exactley the inspirational talk we needed, i feel fully prepared for battle, 2-0 here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to MY FELLOW TIKAYERS... LEND ME YOUR EARS.. (and maybe some chips later?) : WOW, great post Lisa - I've just ran into the hallway and challenged a techie to a duel!  We need you in the team meetings methinks...
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Thank you Mr Sky Des Sir.

And RIP Techie.

• edited December 2009
    Apollo, Nirvana... Tonight we shall go where no man has gone before (No not there) ..

I wish you brave Knights of Tikayalot luck and prosperity.... and most of all Bountious cards and flowing chips.

ARISE Sir Apollo, ARISE Sir Nirvana.... We have work to do!!

xx
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: MY FELLOW TIKAYERS... LEND ME YOUR EARS.. (and maybe some chips later?) : Thank you Mr Sky Des Sir. And RIP Techie.
    Posted by LML
    Hi Lisa Marie,
    Have a look at my thread,a call to war.
    Not in your league of speeches but Shakesperes not that good lol
    col
  • edited December 2009
    gl tikayers here come 2-0 all hail king tikay and his loyal followers
  • edited December 2009
    Pfft, your overconfidence is your weakness

Team Tikay fools Mwuhahahahaaha

Long live the dark side