You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SHOCK AND OR-FORD

In Response to SHOCK AND OR-FORD:
 Great post from our leader and we are all right behind you in this battle

Comments

• edited December 2009
    My fellow Orfordites,

Having just moved home and not having the internet till next week (I know, I'm getting the shakes just thinking about it)  I'm having to grab the chance to get on the forum whenever I can. But have no fear, your leader is with you all the way tonight.

I have read all the posts on TKO today and there is one overriding theme in Team Tikay's messages: fear.

They are scared of Velocity, scared of their fragile lead, scared of the forfeit for their esteemed leader, but mostly- scared of us.

They know that last week was a lucky blip and now the full force of the youth team is going to cane their sorry behinds.

"You can't win anything with kids" said Alan Hansen famously, before those very kids- Beckham, Scholes and Giggs went on to own football.

Well, you can win things with kids. And we will.

Compare and contrast our team line-ups for tonight:

TEAM ORFORD

TEAM TIKAY

With 500 players, I have elected to go for a 4-4-492 formation. Tactics? Outlast the sit-outs. The rest is up to you. My team members are skilled enough to know their way through the pitfalls of the Velocity.

This week, I want a final table with 6 Orfordites on it and THEN let's see if the Tikayers can fiddle the figures the next day!

As for their leader, he got it easy last week- sat on a table of absentees for the first half, and then with 5 of his mates for the second half.

Harrass him, bully him, impede him at every turn. If he's on a table full of toadies then get in the chatbox and make sure no-one gives him a walk...again.

I know you will all make me proud tonight. Whatever happens, show NO mercy. We must level the scores or die trying!

Remember, they may take our chips...but they will never take our freedom!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Sorry..This is a NO Orford Zone. By order of THE MANAGEMENT.

You're welcome.

x
  • edited December 2009
    its very easy to come up with these speeches rich but its all about showing your metal on the felt! last week you failed miserably and to be honest even though this tournament will suit your style (push with any 2) i really do see tikay once again showing you how its done!

ACTIONS speak louder than WORDS
  • edited December 2009
    excellent stuff brave leader.

Dastardly and Muttly have been bombarding the forum with their boring same old posts. Old being the operative word.

Turned down a shift in the hotel tonight, just hope i dont let you down boss.

But I will harrass Compo at every opportunity.

ps i dont think my sapotage plans are working

keep up the winning streak
  • edited December 2009
    By the way, that picture of Tikay above,,, is that an old picture of him because he looks a lot worse now......
  • edited December 2009
  • edited December 2009

"....Tactics? Outlast the sit-outs...."

Way to go Richy Boy, aim high, try & outlast the Sit-Outs.

"....With 500 players, I have elected to go for a 4-4-492 formation..."

Now, as it happens, I lolled hard at that. You are doo-doo at poker, but you write funny stuff, I'll give you that.

You may continue, & it's good of you to at last make an appearance.
  • edited December 2009
    Great speach Rich,

I was panicing because my internet connection went down for 90 minutes this afternoon, but its back up and running, just hope i do better than last week for you.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: SHOCK AND OR-FORD:
    "....Tactics? Outlast the sit-outs...." Way to go Richy Boy, aim high, try & outlast the Sit-Outs. "....With 500 players, I have elected to go for a 4-4-492 formation..." Now, as it happens, I lolled hard at that. You are doo-doo at poker, but you write funny stuff, I'll give you that. You may continue, & it's good of you to at last make an appearance.
    Posted by Tikay10
    GET OFF YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED TIKAY!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Mr Orford,
    Just one slight note to help you in further motivational speeches. The use of the Braveheart speech is sheer genius.

You do know that He,as their leader, sadly said goodbye not only to his chips but his head arms and legs that were sent to the four corners of the land, and his army were totally defeated, trudging back to their homeland. to be ruled over by the foreign leader for infinitum.
    Hope this helps.
    col
  • edited December 2009

'I AM 1 well aware, soldiers, that words can not inspire courage; and that a spiritless army can not be rendered active, or a timid army valiant, by the speech of its commander. Whatever courage is in the heart of a man, whether from nature or from habit, so much will be shown by him in the field; and on him whom neither glory nor danger can move, exhortation is bestowed in vain; for the terror in his brest stops his ears.'

Cailine 62BC

Stirring words I think which I think us Orfordites should heed, unfortunately Cailine's army was massacred and Cailine himself lost his life to the Roman army but by all accounts it was a good effort.

Hmmm think I've just posted a negative for my application as deputy and unfortunately I can't make it tonight as I'm going shopping with me mum - I mean i'm going to play football with a group of rough blokes. May get to play a few hands if not blinded out
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Mr Orford
    I have a spare pay as u go USB modem 7.2Mb should fast enough to beat TK maybe too fast lol
  • edited December 2009
    Great speech leader.These words accompany the true meaning of honesty and integrity just like the recent exploits of jaegerbomb and myself.If honesty and integrity are to rule the day then we shall surely be victorious.dav 
  • edited December 2009
    We agree with everything, except the comparison to Man United!!! Let's go team Orford!!! This one's ours!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Oh, I have been discovered ....... signed up as an ordfordite but didn't realise you had to be below a certain age!

I will become the token oldie but must admit after cashing last week this tourny does not suit my style - having a quick 40 winks for the 1st hour tends to take all your chips.

OK sorted have a can of blue cow and a bottle of akdov that should do it.

good luck everyone.
  • edited December 2009
    Tonight's game.. well I'll quote the great former Iraqi Information Minister...

My feelings - as usual - we will slaughter them all

Proper Shock and Or-ford!
  • edited December 2009
    We agree with everything, except the comparison to Man United!!! Let's go team Orford!!! This one's ours!!!!
    Posted by kirstii
    Your right Kirstii, Team Orford is more a Spurs than a Man U, lots of talk....... nothing in the Trophy cabinet !
  • edited December 2009
    its very easy to come up with these speeches rich but its all about showing your metal on the felt! last week you failed miserably and to be honest even though this tournament will suit your style (push with any 2) i really do see tikay once again showing you how its done! ACTIONS speak louder than WORDS
    Posted by webby234
    Speech? That was no Speech

That was just an intro by our great leader - The speech comes tomorrow after we take down leg 2.

Keep it going Rich - I made it into the money for you last week but will do even greater things this time.

Victory is ours.
  • edited December 2009

Posted by Tikay10
    Nice pic Tikay and the similarities to you are amazing - so thats what you'll be doing when you get knocked out in the early stages tonight?

Rest your weary head - The battle is about to commence.
  • edited December 2009
    Captain my Captain ...  King Richard  will Rule !!

• edited December 2009
    you gonna sleep through the next tourny TK ?
  • edited December 2009
    Staggered back from the battleground with £2 for the cause King Richard

Hope that helps!!

D
  • edited December 2009
    Tonight's game.. well I'll quote the great former Iraqi Information Minister... My feelings - as usual - we will slaughter them all Proper Shock and Or-ford!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    To continue the theme....

There are no Tikay infidels in the money. Never!
  • edited December 2009
    I see your great leader lead by example and only beat about 500 before he bit the dust.
    Tikay lasted the longest again but that was no surprise at all.
  • edited December 2009
    OUR LEADER HAS SPOKEN-TEAM TK, BE AFRAID...BE VERY AFRAID

In Response to SHOCK AND OR-FORD:
    My fellow Orfordites, Having just moved home and not having the internet till next week (I know, I'm getting the shakes just thinking about it)  I'm having to grab the chance to get on the forum whenever I can. But have no fear, your leader is with you all the way tonight. I have read all the posts on TKO today and there is one overriding theme in Team Tikay's messages: fear. They are scared of Velocity, scared of their fragile lead, scared of the forfeit for their esteemed leader, but mostly- scared of us. They know that last week was a lucky blip and now the full force of the youth team is going to cane their sorry behinds. "You can't win anything with kids" said Alan Hansen famously, before those very kids- Beckham, Scholes and Giggs went on to own football. Well, you can win things with kids. And we will. Compare and contrast our team line-ups for tonight: TEAM ORFORD TEAM TIKAY With 500 players, I have elected to go for a 4-4-492 formation. Tactics? Outlast the sit-outs. The rest is up to you. My team members are skilled enough to know their way through the pitfalls of the Velocity. This week, I want a final table with 6 Orfordites on it and THEN let's see if the Tikayers can fiddle the figures the next day! As for their leader, he got it easy last week- sat on a table of absentees for the first half, and then with 5 of his mates for the second half. Harrass him, bully him, impede him at every turn. If he's on a table full of toadies then get in the chatbox and make sure no-one gives him a walk...again. I know you will all make me proud tonight. Whatever happens, show NO mercy. We must level the scores or die trying! Remember, they may take our chips...but they will never take our freedom!!!!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
  • edited December 2009
    Hope my £2 helps, my Lord.  What a battle.