You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker for your health?

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
Just question for all them that play stupid long sessions.

Playing 12+ hours plus cant be good for your health daily basis or every day jw what those who do play a lot (go for stupid point brackets) manage to keep them self goin.

No im not fat im physically fit but the rate ive been goin lately starting to feel a bit urghh in myself and its hard to balance the two , so do you play say 6 hours coke off for an hour then come back later or do what i do play straight through sit out 5minutes go get your food and eat i while your playing!

Comments

• edited February 2013
    playing cash live - the problem is that it is easy to keep going 12/24 hours, and as long as you haven't drunk too much it is harder to say stop than to continue.
  • edited February 2013
    Well, playing poker isn't bad for your health.

Getting stressed as a result of playing poker is bad for your health, so just stop tilting. If you're emotional/mental state is v.good, and you have a good balance of life, i.e. exercise and other hobbies, then it's completely fine. 

Be aware though, if you're emotional side gets involved too much, you might feel down/stressed more often because it has an effect on your mind/thinking patterns, you might start feeling more negative about other things, and on the other hand it will also have a positive effect on your thinking patterns if you're winning. But this is only if you let the emotional side of poker affect your life, they key is to try and not let it. take good things that happen as just part of the game, that wont last, and do the same with bad things. Don't let it get to you too much. Playing within your roll helps. 

If you don't want to let the winnings/losses affect you, then whether you get AA/AQ/72o/89s, just play the hand and whatever happens, happens. Don't expect things to happen, i.e. don't HOPE to get AK/AA or w/e cos then whenn you do get these hands and lose with them it may result in more tilt, and that leads to stress which is obv bad for the body. You know stress can result in death? lolol

eating healthily is also important imo
  • edited February 2013
    Poker could 100% definately effect your health sitting in front of a computer screen 12 hours a day.  I make sure i get some exercise in the morning before i start my session aswell as regular exercise at wkend or some evenings.  Eating junk and sitting infront of a computer screen definately not good for someones health.
  • edited February 2013
    Heads up hypers have probably taken a couple of years off of my life
  • edited February 2013

Kidwiz do you really need to enter 40+ russian roulettes at the same time??
    I have been sat now half an hour waiting for my standard hu fiver game to fill.
    all the lobby is full up with rr games n you sat in everone.
    even with hu filter on my game is no where near the top window of the lobby.
    no idea why sky let these games respawn like this.