You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

have to snap this off??

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Early stages of a 2.20 deepy...same old story limp limp limp limp

Here I get the old limp/shove. Alarm bells ring and I think maybe he has aces, but surely I still have to snap this off???

He obv did have aces and I made a note of it and left with my tail between my legs. But always a call??? I'm 99% sure I will get replies saying....you should quit if you fold etc....but as I have mentioned in the clinic before, I'm running and playing bad and not even sure what I'm doing tbh lol  I actually thought to myself "ACES" but felt I had to call as so many more times I'm a country mile ahead??
scarle1 Small blind  20.00 20.00 5052.50
digbylady Big blind  40.00 60.00 4587.50
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

tiamac58 Fold     
 xCall  40.00 100.00 5420.00
pablodiabo Call  40.00 140.00 4782.50
waller02 Raise  200.00 340.00 5247.50
scarle1 Fold     
digbylady Fold     
 xAll-in  5420.00 5760.00 0.00
pablodiabo Fold     
waller02 All-in

Comments

• edited February 2013
    In fact....forget this lol

I'm overthinking things too much, too often.......next hand lol
  • edited February 2013
    Trouble with calling somebody a fish
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: have to snap this off??:
    Trouble with calling somebody a fish
    Posted by vaigret
    I say it how I see it.......limp/call every hand is a fish in my book lol
  • edited February 2013
    deep stack 5000 chips you might as well limp as put in raises of 160 chips which any body can match if they can make a hand by turn card. You lost your pair of aces because of low raises. 

I didnt !!!!

have respect for how people play. You play yours . i'll play mine and not call people names if I get it wrong LOL 
  • edited February 2013
    Serial limp calling is fishy play.

You have to snap it off yes, ul if it's AA

EDIT: Actually, just saw this was limp UTG then re-raise all in. Embarrassing when people do this cos it's a trick that literally works once if you have a brain. Now every single time said person gets AA V you, they just won't get paid anything.

to be fair this move (and so deep) is so often AA it's ridic. I find it hard to fold KK because this is not the play of a good player and so could be done with worse hands. Nothing much lost if you fold, and if you're better than the field (which I'm sure you are), probably the better route.
  • edited February 2013
    How is an 8x raise (the raise I made with the Aces)  a "low raise". It is actually a big raise considering there were only 2 limpers.

I didn't specifically call you a fish...I said "i can't fold out the fish" after having to fold the aces on a 4 to the stright board. And, it wasn't even said in a nasty way....

What were the only words I said when I ran into your limped aces???? Oh yeah "nh and gl".....so don't come on here trying to make me out as some rude and abusive person please
  • edited February 2013
    deep stack 5000 chips you might as well limp as put in raises of 160 chips which any body can match if they can make a hand by turn card. You lost your pair of aces because of low raises.  I didnt !!!! have respect for how people play. You play yours . i'll play mine and not call people names if I get it wrong LOL 
    Posted by vaigret
    Ridiculous statement.

Lets just limp KK just in case someone might catch up when they're getting bad odds to do so, then when they have QQ we can pat ourselves on the back for winning 150 chips
  • edited February 2013
    lol nothing worse than your instinct telling you As but knowing that folding is bad so calling then seeing AA, plenty of players will do this with pairs big As etc so as i'm sure you know you can't really fold i don't think.
  • edited February 2013
    oh dear oh dear the pros are in the house. I am quite happy to lose 600 chips in a race to the turn out of 5000 plenty of time to recover if i lose those 600 waiting for the turn to make a hand. He shouldnt have let mne get there.

You pro's have really got to start realising that until the flop comes your hand is worth nothing. Yes the percentages might be in your favour but that is all . I will always try to see the flop for as little as I can and if that is wrong then sorry peeps . 

However if I have a strong hand after flop or someone wants to race me and I los so be it.

You really shouldnt get out of your prams over a £2.20 tournie when people play my way.

• edited February 2013
    sorry mate if I have mis read you but coming on here str8 away moaning about something that happens on this site on an hourly basis trends to suggest you were not happy.
  • edited February 2013

The only problem I have is you coming on here trying to make me out to be abusive.....the only 2 sentences I typed during the whole game were

1. "Sigh AA, can't fold out the fish"
    2. "NH and GL"

I blanked out your name in the post, didn't question the villains play in the post....only mine

Whats ur problem???

• edited February 2013
    Lets bring this silly bit ch ing to a close

OK I'M A FISH
  • edited February 2013
    sorry mate if I have mis read you but coming on here str8 away moaning about something that happens on this site on an hourly basis trends to suggest you were not happy.
    Posted by vaigret
    How was I moaning? i was asking if i could ever fold?

If I was moaning I would have put it in BBV with the whole hand saying "look how bad I run blah blah blah"

You are the one who came straight on here moaning....and I didnt even say I was gonna post the hand....
  • edited February 2013
    ok how many times do you want me to say sorry.

You lost and you didnt like it .Get over it
  • edited February 2013
    Waller i dont think i can ever fold kk here as much as an exstinct i have that they have aces.  However i have folded qq,jj,aq to a limp reraise.  Your opponant has practically told you he has aces after he limp reraises but dont blame you for getting kings in however you will now be able to have a note on that player.  Next time he limp reraises you you will be able to foldd kk and show it to him!
  • edited February 2013
    People post hands featuring questionble play from their opponents all the time. As long as the name is blanked out, there's no problem. The only reason we know that you were the villain, vaigret, is that you posted on this thread.

Waller clearly doesn't like losing - That's a given for all of us. However, he does not come across as a sore loser in any of the posts I've ever seen from him, including this one. He's asked a genuine question and that's what the poker clinic is for. As it is, Waller does not seem to have behaved improperly. I can't comment upon the chat at the table because doing so would be to comment without any of the necessary context.

Waller, this is fairly dependent on your idea of the opponent. In a vacuum you should always be making the call. You really do need to have seen them do this before in order to fold because, even though it seems ridiculous, people will make this move just because they think you're "at it" and they can be holding lots of worse hands. It does stink of AA, and will be that more often than it is any other particular hand, but you're still beating the villain's range.

Vaigret, I wouldn't usually comment on the play of someone who hasn't asked for advice. However you have posted some of your reasoning here and I can tell you that this play is not good, regardless of your hand. If you want people to elaborate on that, I and others will happily explain our reasoning at some length but for now I can assure you that your thought processes are not great.

If you don't care about having your play analysed or getting involved in the analysis of other hands, then please don't post in the clinic. As I say, nobody knew you were the villain until you told us.
  • edited February 2013
    ok how many times do you want me to say sorry. You lost and you didnt like it .Get over it
    Posted by vaigret
    are you stupid? he blanked your name out didnt he, and why are you sorry
  • edited February 2013
    hahaha sky forums are amazing
  • edited February 2013
    Funny thread limp/shoving this deep is just lol

• edited February 2013
    People post hands featuring questionble play from their opponents all the time. As long as the name is blanked out, there's no problem. The only reason we know that you were the villain, vaigret, is that you posted on this thread. Waller clearly doesn't like losing - That's a given for all of us. However, he does not come across as a sore loser in any of the posts I've ever seen from him, including this one. He's asked a genuine question and that's what the poker clinic is for. As it is, Waller does not seem to have behaved improperly. I can't comment upon the chat at the table because doing so would be to comment without any of the necessary context. Waller, this is fairly dependent on your idea of the opponent. In a vacuum you should always be making the call. You really do need to have seen them do this before in order to fold because, even though it seems ridiculous, people will make this move just because they think you're "at it" and they can be holding lots of worse hands. It does stink of AA, and will be that more often than it is any other particular hand, but you're still beating the villain's range. Vaigret, I wouldn't usually comment on the play of someone who hasn't asked for advice. However you have posted some of your reasoning here and I can tell you that this play is not good, regardless of your hand. If you want people to elaborate on that, I and others will happily explain our reasoning at some length but for now I can assure you that your thought processes are not great. If you don't care about having your play analysed or getting involved in the analysis of other hands, then please don't post in the clinic. As I say, nobody knew you were the villain until you told us.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Oh , so we have others who want to continue this. Why am I a villian, I can play the way I want. I can also out myself I think if I want.

People should be pleased if I am a bad player, take my money. If i play a hand badly and I do a lot then I will take the blame for it . Waller got outgunned by a "bad" player and he didnt like it  full stop.

His two aces that he lost was against my 9, 10 suited with I think a flop of 6.8, K? The turn was a 7 so I had a straight. Fishing ????? dont think so . My mistake was rasing after the river so I didnt get a taker.

When I want advice Borin I will ask for it.  
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: have to snap this off?? : are you stupid? he blanked your name out didnt he, and why are you sorry
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    The answers to your questiona are NO, I can out myself if I want and you are right "why am I sorry" I dont know really as I didnt do anything wrong.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: have to snap this off?? : Oh , so we have others who want to continue this. Why am I a villian, I can play the way I want. I can also out myself I think if I want. People should be pleased if I am a bad player, take my money. If i play a hand badly and I do a lot then I will take the blame for it . Waller got outgunned by a "bad" player and he didnt like it  full stop. His two aces that he lost was against my 9, 10 suited with I think a flop of 6.8, K? The turn was a 7 so I had a straight. Fishing ????? dont think so . My mistake was rasing after the river so I didnt get a taker. When I want advice Borin I will ask for it.  
    Posted by vaigret
    lol at this...trust me I don't lose any sleep over a poker hand, especially one in a 2.20 game.

What I didn't like was the fact you came onto this thread trying to make me out to be abusive....if me saying "I can't fold out the fish" is abusive then we live in a very sensitive world.

Look m8 I dunno whats rattled your cage but you are the one who has come on here needlessly with some kind of issue......lets close this thread and move on eh
  • edited February 2013
    Totally agree waller

and good luck on the tables.
  • edited February 2013
    Totally agree waller and good luck on the tables.
    Posted by vaigret
    you too :)
  • edited February 2013
    "Villain" is the term used to describe the opponent of the original poster. It is interchangeable with "opponent" and is used commonly throughout this section. You are wholly entitled to play however you please.

As I said; if you don't want people to elaborate on their thoughts on your play, then we won't. This is however the poker clinic and the OP requested some analysis of the hand, on which I offered my views. When you post your thoughts in the clinic you should expect them to be subjected to scrutiny, as that is what the section is for. If you don't want that, don't post here.

I have no desire to upset anyone. However if I have inadvertantly done so, I apologise.
  • edited February 2013
    "Villain" is the term used to describe the opponent of the original poster. It is interchangeable with "opponent" and is used commonly throughout this section. You are wholly entitled to play however you please. As I said; if you don't want people to elaborate on their thoughts on your play, then we won't. This is however the poker clinic and the OP requested some analysis of the hand, on which I offered my views. When you post your thoughts in the clinic you should expect them to be subjected to scrutiny, as that is what the section is for. If you don't want that, don't post here. I have no desire to upset anyone. However if I have inadvertantly done so, I apologise.
    Posted by BorinLoner

Thank you for your apologyBorinLoner, although I cannot see anything in wallero2's opening post referring to villian.

I suggest opponent is a better word.

Villain means - scoundrel, evil person, character at odds with a hero, a peasant. I dont beleive any person on this site needs to be called that. Unless of course all people on this site who play the "proper" way are hero's and anybody who has a different way of playing is a peasant, evil person etc etc.

Sounds like I have had a humour by pass LOL but perhaps I am being ironic here LOL

Good luck on the tables and have fun. With the variance of the players and variance on poker sites it really is the only way to approach poker online.

• edited February 2013
    HI W

To be honest W, its a 2.20 deepie and without knowledge of the player i think you have to call. The number of times after four betting and showing, to my mind that i had AA,KK,maybe QQ i was put all in by for example in last nights DTD TT is a surprise to say the least. Further 'poor' play by the same player confirmed this 'rashness'. Maybe the price of the game you were playing should push you to call here as in a higher % of cases than higher staked games you are dominating.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: have to snap this off?? : Thank you for your apologyBorinLoner, although I cannot see anything in wallero2's opening post referring to villian. I suggest opponent is a better word. Villain means - scoundrel, evil person, character at odds with a hero, a peasant. I dont beleive any person on this site needs to be called that. Unless of course all people on this site who play the "proper" way are hero's and anybody who has a different way of playing is a peasant, evil person etc etc.   Sounds like I have had a humour by pass LOL but perhaps I am being ironic here LOL Good luck on the tables and have fun. With the variance of the players and variance on poker sites it really is the only way to approach poker online.  
    Posted by vaigret
    You can not have had a humour bypass. You laughed out loud twice in one sentence. :-)
  • edited February 2013
    exactly jonjo

glad you saw the joke ,
    I think