You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What to do lol

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
What do you think about the way this hand plays out, i know i've got to call cause of the stacks, but if it was deeper stacks wat would you do?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jolliffe06 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.13
gthevicar Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.96
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

TOD19 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.95
TheVisor Fold     
LARSON7 Raise  £0.16 £0.26 £3.68
TINTIN Fold     
jolliffe06 Call  £0.14 £0.40 £1.99
gthevicar Fold     
TOD19 Call  £0.12 £0.52 £2.83
Flop

• K

jolliffe06 Check     
TOD19 Bet  £0.39 £0.91 £2.44
LARSON7 Raise  £1.37 £2.28 £2.31
jolliffe06 Fold     
TOD19 All-in  £2.44

Comments

• edited February 2013
    What do we think of the villain's range for leading out on the flop? If he only does that with sets or two-pair, then raising is bad. If there are lots of Kings or draws in that range then raising to get it in is good, as long as he isn't the type to hero-fold those hands.

If you were deeper stacked then the same questions would apply. What is the reasoning behind the raise size on the flop, by the way? You raise to an amount that clearly commits you and he to the hand. You obviously want him to go with the hand, so you can't consider then folding to the raise.

So the reasoning behind the flop raise, and the sizing of that raise, is where you need to explain your thoughts.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: What to do lol:
    What do we think of the villain's range for leading out on the flop? If he only does that with sets or two-pair, then raising is bad. If there are lots of Kings or draws in that range then raising to get it in is good, as long as he isn't the type to hero-fold those hands. If you were deeper stacked then the same questions would apply. What is the reasoning behind the raise size on the flop, by the way? You raise to an amount that clearly commits you and he to the hand. You obviously want him to go with the hand, so you can't consider then folding to the raise. So the reasoning behind the flop raise, and the sizing of that raise, is where you need to explain your thoughts.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    What a great reply

Instead of the usual
    Don't limp
    Raise more
    Don't play junk types of reply
    (just examples of the kind of replies often seen)

Rather than forget it as soon as we read another post,
    this encourages the poster and anyone else to think about their own actions
    and not just what would someone else do.(although the advice is most welcome)
    Surely the best way to improve.

Thank You BorinLoner

Now if only I could follow that advice more...........
  • edited February 2013

I was quite happy to get it in on the flop, there's the flush draw.

Apart from that its quite a dry board. I cant put him on 2 pair, calling my preflop raise.

I thought he might have a king at the time , possible a set of 7s, or 3s.

What do you reckon he had?