You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Short-stacked play?

I was recently playing a DYM where when it got to 4 players I had around 8-10 BB's, there we're two big stacks but also a micro stack of around 2-3 BB's. I found myself folding certain hands that I'd push with normally when the stacks are more even, but with the micro stack I didnt want a donk call from the big stacks that knocked me out saving the micro. I just wondered how other players would play this scenario in terms of refining hand ranges, or just keep normal game?

Comments

• edited December 2009
     Position,position,position,position and position. And in case i didnt mention it position. Position is your friend and dictates your moves in this situation. It is all to do with where the stacks are situated on the table , who a shove has to get through and can you damage the bigger stacks enough that they cant risk too loose a call. Is the micro folding everything hoping someone else will crash out?

Normally you will find that the big stacks will go after the micros because the damage is limited if they double them through. You need to preserve your stack if the micro is being picked on just in case of the double through but you also need to be pushing the chips in to stop the big stacks from turning their attantion to you.

There are so many variables in this situation that it is hard to answer fully. Just be careful of playing too cautiously or else you will be swapping places with the micro
  • edited December 2009
    2-3 big blinds u cant wait to get position does not matter where u are on the table with that stack u are going to get called any average or strong hand push  hope lady luck with u