You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tues night live show with Jen Mason and Fowler ***official show thraed*** 7pm

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat

Hi Sky Poker!

It feels like forever since I last saw you!  I am back and hosting the show tonight from &pm live with the delectable Jen Mason!  Not much has changed with me since I last saw you. You?
Your show tonight looks like this:

7pm – 8pm – TONIGHT ON SKY POKER Live Master Cash coverage.
8pm – 9pm – Ask the Expert Ask the Expert – Questions, hand request from any  TV  tables,                                                                                                                   9pm – 10pm - Sky Poker School Playing large pocket pairs – Cash Poker
10pm – 11pm – Sky Poker Highlights Live tournament 6K Turbo Open coverage (late stages)
 11pm – Midnight – Master Cash Live action from the Master Cash tables

As some of you know, I am planning my wedding, finally booked it for 28th August, and have suprised myself no end by doing things like making a wedding folder...eeurgh yuck!!

Anyway, I was thinking about giving myself a poker themed wedding
( I actuially wasn't but we chatted about this earlier, and then I decided it would make a a great competition to give away a few prizes tonight....enough of this bracketed sentance). 

Things like; I could name my tables, mastercash1 etc... all the guests could be behind the 'rail' whilst we sit at the featured table, the guests could throw chips instead of confetti (ouch), the delaer butto at top table could decide who did speeches first... you get the picture....

If you would like to take part in this competition for best entry 'loosely' based on my life then post on here, email in or tweet me!!!
4 entries to Thursday's Bounty Hunter up for grabs!

skyopen@bskyb.com
#skypokertv

Lots of love,

see you in a while

A xxxx

Comments

• edited February 2013
    You could serve sharks fin soup followed by fish and chips and then go straight to two pairs of desserts.  Just make sure you serve it with what all poker players like.  Loads of good old whine!

As long as you don't bluff on the wedding vows you will never suffer a bad beat.

Have a great show and run well all
  • edited February 2013
    Here's hoping your Honeymoon Night is special like a fine Poker Table
    4 legs, No drawers!
    hot hands, warm hearts and shoving all in, only when the moments unbeatable
  • edited February 2013

anna,

i suppose you have considered whether this whole wedding thing is just a bluff.  if i were you i would raise the stakes and tell him that you are expecting quads. 

rob

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tues night live show with Jen Mason and Fowler ***official show thraed*** 7pm:
    Here's hoping your Honeymoon Night is special like a fine Poker Table 4 legs, No drawers! hot hands, warm hearts and shoving all in, only when the moments unbeatable
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    Bet that doesn't get read out lol
  • edited February 2013
    perhaps you should be slow and passive before the turn of the wedding is near  because he could become a loose aggressive maniac who shoves you everywhere meaning all you money becomes wasted when you paid for the set up wedding when he went straight after
  • edited February 2013
    congratulations on your wedding.hope he doesnt go all in with nothing just aslong as he hits the river you be fine lol. any way i am playin the mini tonight .thanks to sarah champion for picking my entry hope i run gd.
    if i do well, i hope i get a few hands shown on tv. gl with the wedding
  • edited February 2013
    Anna. How about the groom & best man dressing as King Jack (suited of course). Bride should be the Queen of Diamonds with 4 bridesmaids dressed as lesser diamonds -  you've got a flush going on there. Don't forget to invite loads of people - that way you'll have a full house. Everyone can then "raise" a toast - of Jaeger perhaps? Congratulations - hope you have a great day
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tues night live show with Jen Mason and Fowler ***official show thraed*** 7pm:
    In Response to Re: Tues night live show with Jen Mason and Fowler ***official show thraed*** 7pm : Bet that doesn't get read out lol
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    No flyingdagg!! Naughty :)
  • edited February 2013
     #618569125 (23:22 04/02/2013)was this a gd call he was playin aggressive before this and i folded better hands before didnt really want to call as i was scared he would hit flush. but i just called any way and prayed lol
  • edited February 2013
    Any hand ids for this hour from a tv table get em in

X
  • edited February 2013
      #618569125 (23:22 04/02/2013) was this a gd call he was playin aggressive before this and i folded better hands before didnt really want to call as i was scared he would hit flush. but i just called any way and prayed lol
    Posted by reeler
    Hi, where is this hand from?
  • edited February 2013

Good evening ladies!

I had to think long and hard about the wedding present!

It would have to be, a pack of 28 playing cards!

Plenty of Hearts for a couple of Diamonds

It's a serious commitment, so you can forget about the jokers!

The last thing you need at a wedding are sixes and sevens.

There's can only be one Queen and her Prince Charming so I'll be ditching the other Royals

But of course, If this truly is a match made in heaven, You've got to be holding all the aces!

Have a brilliant show and an amazing wedding !!!

• edited February 2013
    Nice show ladies!

Tables should be:

Sharks - Tommy D, LOLUFOLD etc.

Fishes - Salmonish, KKipper etc.

Limpers - One Leg Left, Jimmy No Legs etc.

Maybe Hearts, Clubs, Diamonds & Spades?

During the day, the bride should be flushing. In the evening the groom should be all in.

I was so close to getting this post read out then I just went too far.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tues night live show with Jen Mason and Fowler ***official show thraed*** 7pm : Hi, where is this hand from?
    Posted by Sky_Louis
    cash table
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tues night live show with Jen Mason and Fowler ***official show thraed*** 7pm : Hi, where is this hand from?
    Posted by Sky_Louis
    618569125Hold'emLundNo Limit£0.04/£0.08
  • edited February 2013
    it all starts with a king and a queen and a room full of jokers by the end of the night all the kings wants to do is poke ya good luck hannah ps this should be and you getting married :)

• edited February 2013
    anna

how about drafting some poker wedding vows?! They could be as follows:

I, Anna, take you Carlo (substitute as necessary), to forever be my heads up partner, to hold and to never fold, in SIIIIIICCCCCKKKKKK ness and in good running, to love and be loved like pocket aces preflop, like top set on a flop, and like the riverered nuts when your ex is betting into us, and may we forever have the button, till we finally cash in our chips, according to the unratified poker laws of Las Vegas, and therefore i give you my hand..... xxxxxxxxxx

I am rite it is Carlo isnt it?!?!

LOL

memfno
  • edited February 2013
    Here's a hand from the Turbo Open:

Hand History #618842987 (20:24 05/02/2013)Not a long hand, all the action is pre-flop. Card Blocker thingies please. :)

I was hugely suspicious of the flat-call from the short stack and then the big 3-bet from the Small blind. Obviously I have no fold equity against either player, so does Jen like the shove?

Am I over-analysing? Is it straight forward? I knew it was high variance, but I'm in it to win it, after all.

Ta for your thoughts, lassies.

Maybe that hand is a bit boring.
  • edited February 2013
    how about a poker wedding cake :)
    great show as allways.

• edited February 2013
    Hi,

Not a themed wedding but thought you might like this.

Miss Fowler
    And her man did meet
    Whilst the were walking
    Down the street

He asked if she 
    Would do a turn
    And so together
    They did learn

That life apart
    Would be a flop
    So the question
    He did pop

"Miss Fowler please
    Set me a quiver
    And sail with me
    Right down lifes river"

She Flushed................

Congratulations.

James
  • edited February 2013
    another idea is give guests poker playing cards to assign them to there seats, and at end of night all guests sign there cards and place in a large frame for you to keep.
  • edited February 2013
    #618868220 (21:04 05/02/2013)tonight mini turbo was this a gd play
  • edited February 2013

hi anna, jen

quick... the jackpot list is going down quickly as its turbo night

JACKPOT          

time 21:14        

main mini both    
    entered 217 568 104    
    left 59 219 9    

ST4RS 7 50      
    poker69 11 185      
    skippy2012 14 74      
    StayOrGo 23 8      
    nagrom 28 93      
    madeyeII 46 138      
    boatrace 48 53      
    Jeno2 52 151      
    GREGHOGG 57 52      

• edited February 2013

im sure the wedding will go smotthly you just have the right guest list a duck a snowman a beautiful quen which you already have (you )  and obviosly a cowboy for you at the end of the night it came down to the final two and im gutted coz if my aces dint get cracked anna maybe it could be me and you :)

• edited February 2013

don't slow play pocket pairs because that is what causes us suffer bad beats spread the aggression over the whole of the play

• edited February 2013
    Jen, if you're passionate about getting lady-people playing more live tournies, why don't you set up some sort of association type thing? As a high profile lady-person in poker, I'm sure you could manage it and there are people of your acquaintance who could help you with setting up such a group.

Laziness is an entirely reasonable excuse for not doing so, by the way. It's the reason why I don't do owt like that... That and not being a lady-person myself. 

Perhaps a more manageable solution could be to set up a Sky team for lady-people only... Just a thought.
  • edited February 2013
    JACKPOT          

time 21:51        

main mini both    
    entered 217 568 104    
    left 13 66 1    

madeyeII 4 43      

• edited February 2013
    If you want an element of poker at your wedding, just put hoodies, headphones and ipads on every seat at the reception and tell everyone that they're not allowed to speak to each other. Then it'll be just like a real poker game. :)

Good evening ladies, by the way.
  • edited February 2013
    Ey up Anna, you've scrubbed up ok tonight, fancy a snog?
  • edited February 2013
    hamptom court's OK but not a patch on Chatsworth - and
    read Georgiana - the original lady gambler.