You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

was this the correct decision

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
from what i could read about this villian he did seem to know what he was doing with his play and did seem tighter than a lot of villians are preflop.
also his  betting was much more decent than most and he wouldn't just limp in preflop the start on the turn.
tequila1 Sit out     
5c0u53 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.50
bethebeat Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.94
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

craigcu12 Raise  £0.16 £0.22 £10.70
xRaise  £0.64 £0.86 £4.52
5c0u53 Fold     
bethebeat Fold     
craigcu12 Raise  £1.44 £2.30 £9.26
xAll-in  £4.52 £6.82 £0.00
craigcu12 Fold     
xMuck     
xWin  £3.26  £3.26
xReturn  £3.56 £0.00 £6.82
what it's making me think is given that he has shoved after i twice reraise their was a good chance he must have AA or KK. he could probably work out my play too.

what i will say is i would still have called for sure with KK

Comments

• edited February 2013
     No you have to call here at 4nl you have to get it in here all day long will get called way worse.  Also if your not willing to get it in 4 betting is crazy as you are turning your hand into a bluff.  When you 4 bet here you are doing it for 1 of 2 reasons A.  4 bet bluffing B.  4 betting to induce with the intention of getting it in.  The way you have played this hand you were 4 bet bluffing.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: was this the correct decision:
    No you have to call here at 4nl you have to get it in here all day long will get called way worse.  Also if your not willing to get it in 4 betting is crazy as you are turning your hand into a bluff.  When you 4 bet here you are doing it for 1 of 2 reasons A.  4 bet bluffing B.  4 betting to induce with the intention of getting it in.  The way you have played this hand you were 4 bet bluffing.
    Posted by bearlyther
    would it have been better to have just call the reraise knowing that if a K or A arrives then it will be a more easier decision to fold?
  • edited February 2013
    At a higher level of poker we could flat with queens sometimes against certain opponants but at 4nl here the only way to play it is get it in pre.  But as played i hate the idea of 4 bet folding queens then yes we could flat but  id definately prefer to get it in pre.  
  • edited February 2013
    what made me think twice about making the call here was two things that stand out with most villians on these micro tables
    1. 9 out of 10 villians are very passive and will just call the hand they have rather than reraise i saw that happen just a few mins prior to this one when a differant villian who had AA just called my raise and even after hitting his set waited until the river before getting his money in the same thing also happened to a villian who hit a set of 5's and just called my c bet on the flop checked back on the turn and then just went for the shove on the river when i managed to hit a straight

2. the vast majority of villian who are aggressive preflop will basically shove their hand right away and any that do raise before shoving will do continuous min raising before doing a shove after they have min reraise 3 times atleast.
    it was these two points which made me see a differance between this villian and the vast majority of them on these micro stakes tables.
    i did show a hand which i held KK made 20 bet preflop the on a flop after doing another bet got shoved by two villians when the board had no draws so went for the fold and it revealed that i made the right decision then as on of the villians had 105 and became two pair on the flop
  • edited February 2013
    I think your overcomplicating things getting your money in with qq at 4nl will be a winning play long term simple.