You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sky poker

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
why cant you not play sky poker on your tv through sky  is there plans to allow us to do this

Comments

• edited February 2013
    they have been there and done it.

i joined up first day the channel launched and played thru the tv box as i didnt have net access at the time. it was certzinly different. i have no idea why its stopped but i can asure you i dont miss the phone bills i used to get when playing that way
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: sky poker:
    they have been there and done it. i joined up first day the channel launched and played thru the tv box as i didnt have net access at the time. it was certzinly different. i have no idea why its stopped but i can asure you i dont miss the phone bills i used to get when playing that way
    Posted by TINTIN[/QUOTE i had skys own phone line, and i do miss playing through the tv,cost me nothing, wish they would bring it back,and i still have skys phone line
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: sky poker :
    they have been there and done it. i joined up first day the channel launched and played thru the tv box as i didnt have net access at the time. it was certzinly different. i have no idea why its stopped but i can asure you i dont miss the phone bills i used to get when playing that way Posted by TINTIN[/QUOTE i had skys own phone line, and i do miss playing through the tv,cost me nothing, wish they would bring it back,and i still have skys phone line
    Posted by paige55
    i wish i had been with sky at the time but i was with another provider for phone line. even tho they charged local rate it still mounted up.

best thing that happened to me was a few months after i started playing i won a works sweepstake for quite a few hundred quid, cleared phone bill, bought new comp and moved to sky for phone and broadband.

it was ok for the odd game but wasnt great. i remember having to shut it down repeatedly during games and reloading because it would crash quite frequently. it didnt stop me tho lol
  • edited February 2013
    Typing in the bet size with the sky remote on interactive and using the arrows as the mouse!
  • edited February 2013

"THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE"              "IDIOT"

lol good times.
  • edited February 2013
    Hey Reeler

I'm pretty much echoing what everyone above has said.  You used to be able to play through your TV until around 18 months - two years ago I believe.  When it was discontinued if I recall correctly we were told it was by far the most expensive platform Sky was operating on (also running on Web and download client at the time) and that while hardly anyone was still doing it at the time, a few still were.  Doesn't make too much sense to me tbh with the phone bill racking up but that's what was happening.  I very much doubt there is ever a business case to reopen that platform.

And Fins, thanks for the trip down memory lane.  When I first started playing I couldn't work out why loads of people were saying 'thunderous applause' all of the time.
  • edited February 2013
    Hey Reeler I'm pretty much echoing what everyone above has said.  You used to be able to play through your TV until around 18 months - two years ago I believe.  When it was discontinued if I recall correctly we were told it was by far the most expensive platform Sky was operating on (also running on Web and download client at the time) and that while hardly anyone was still doing it at the time, a few still were.  Doesn't make too much sense to me tbh with the phone bill racking up but that's what was happening.  I very much doubt there is ever a business case to reopen that platform. And Fins, thanks for the trip down memory lane.  When I first started playing I couldn't work out why loads of people were saying 'thunderous applause' all of the time.
    Posted by TommyD
    *chuckles* Remember that one?

The good old days ey!
  • edited February 2013
    I still find it amazing that Sky would only let your say about 4 or 5 phrases and they thought it was appropriate that one of them should be "IDIOT" lol
  • edited February 2013
    I still find it amazing that Sky would only let your say about 4 or 5 phrases and they thought it was appropriate that one of them should be "IDIOT" lol
    Posted by FlashFlush

Haha, I remember thinking the same thing.  Sigh, the good old days!!! I recall them fondly ♥
  • edited February 2013
    I remember playing on the TV in the real early days of Sky. Like TinTin said it often crashed and wasnt the most reliable software but it was fun. Now the internet is more accessable I can see why Sky have discontinued it. Wasn't good for the phone bills either, I remember my Mum furious at one bill and I had to pay for all the interactive use myself!