You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

am i wasting money calling the turn

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
preflop i misclicked so didn't raise it correctly which didn't help
on the turn i have two over card and a flush draw so went with the call
was it worth the call or should i just fold if i don't even have a pair already or updown straight draw as well to chase
AurorA23 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £6.56
craigcu12 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.37
 Your hole cards
  • K

homer7760 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £3.62
AlphaShark Fold     
W0DGEY Fold     
AurorA23 Call  £0.02 £0.12 £6.54
craigcu12 Raise  £0.08 £0.20 £4.29
homer7760 Call  £0.08 £0.28 £3.54
AurorA23 Call  £0.08 £0.36 £6.46
Flop

AurorA23 Bet  £0.36 £0.72 £6.10
craigcu12 Call  £0.36 £1.08 £3.93
homer7760 Fold     
Turn

AurorA23 All-in  £6.10 £7.18 £0.00
craigcu12 All-in  £3.93 £11.11 £0.00
AurorA23 Unmatched bet  £2.17 £8.94 £2.17
AurorA23 Show

craigcu12 Show
  • K

Comments

• edited February 2013
    It's quite a simple pot odds question.

Your break even point is: 3.93 / 8.94 x 100 = 44%

Your chances of winning the hand, even if your opponent has a hand as weak as Ac9c, are 41%. So even if your opponent just has one-pair below your Ten, you don't have the correct odds to call.
  • edited February 2013
    raise bigger pre.

Dont call a pot bet on flop, especially at this level, just wait untill you get a hand and bet strongly.

Defiently just fold turn.
  • edited February 2013
    at 4NL you 4bet fold QQ pre, then CALL all in with K hi. Dont make much logical sense
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: am i wasting money calling the turn:
    at 4NL you 4bet fold QQ pre, then CALL all in with K hi. Dont make much logical sense
    Posted by RyanC7
    this had twice been misclicked, i wanted to raise it to 20o preflop but clicked the raise button just below the 4xmin raise so ended up min raising as for thew flop well i just guessed he had a pair of 9's.

As for the fold with pocket Q's well i could go back to the board which had 555j i was facing a shove by the villian and had pocket 10's when i ask if i should chall or fold at first they said i should fold but when i revealed the result people started saying i should call know that i  was ahead basically i will never know the final answer for my QQ unless the villian himself reveals it.

what i do know but is that although most villians just play for fun their are some villians who do play for the money too and are very good ie clubhammer tintin.
    it was proved when i asked about my flush on a paired board that got reraised against clubhammer people were saying i was wrong to call and had to fold river and clubhammer himself was nice enough to show his hand later and revealed that i was wrong to make the call when he reraised me because he was not a villian who would do reraising with weak flushes he was much more likely to have the FH or nut flush.
  • edited February 2013
    Raise bigger pre especially with a caller already. fold flop, fold turn.

One card to come you're 4-1 on your flush and about 11-1 of hitting the miricle 8. 

Without trying to be harsh, this looks like an example of how to lose money fast. Still, as long as you learn from it, that's what matters.
  • edited February 2013

There really isn't much reason to raise pre-flop at all. You have a marginal value hand, out of position. Check and take a flop but don't get carried away with just one-pair.

On the flop, fold to the donk-lead. You have King-high, only back door draws and terrible pot odds. What sort of hand do you think he's leading for full-pot with on this flop? There are occasions when it can be appropriate to call a flop bet, in position, as a float to take it away on the turn if your opponent checks. Usually, though, facing a full-pot lead with a hand of little value, it's just better to let it go. You've only invested 3BB at this point.

As I said earlier, the turn is a fold even if his hand was the weakest it can conceivably be. Against his overall range it's certainly a very -EV call.

• edited February 2013
    Ive not read anyone elses comments.

Go to a cashline, withdraw £5 

Walk away and set fire so said fiver. 

Much easier. 

on a serious note, pre is pointless. the flop is terrible, turn is horrific.