You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

POCKET Qs IN SATTELITTE

IVE RECENTLY STARTED PLAYING A FEW SATTELITES AND WAS I ONE TONIGHT ONLY THE £1SAT TO THE 12.5k SEMI TONIGHT.
HAD BEEN DOING OK 8 GO THROUGH IM 8/14 WITH 8K CHIPS GET POCKET QUEENS IN SB FOLDS TO ME IM THINKING DONT WANT TO COMIT MYSELF SO I FLAT CALL THE BB RAISES TO 2.4K I PUT HIM ON AK AQ AJ SO GO BACK OVER THE TOP ALL IN. HE SHOWS AK AND HITS HIS KING NEITHER OF WHICH I HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT AND IF I HAD RAISED OR ALL IN BEFORE HIS RAISE ALL THE CHIPS WOULD STILL HAVE ENDED UP IN THE MIDDLE.
SO SHOULD I HAVE FOLLOWED MY ORIGINAL INSTINCT AND FOLDED THE RAISE OR IS THIS TO PASSIVE IN A SATTELITE

Comments

• edited December 2009
    IMO, in that specific situation I'm raising rather than flatting & I'm certainly prepared to shove pre too. Only 8 are going through and you currently occupy that last place but things change quickly and at that stage you're not guaranteed a seat. If you double through here then you're in a much better position to pretty much fold your way to a seat in the semi.

If you were chip leader then it's entirely different and there would certainly be an argument for folding but for me, I think you have to gamble in this spot as there's still 7 more to go out and you're not guaranteed a seat at this stage.
  • edited December 2009
    Your only 8th out of 14, 6 need to go before your through which could take ages, how many better hands might you see if you choose to fold?
  • edited December 2009
    Id have shoved in ur position but u probably would still have een called.

Cant be results orientated though but my only advice would be to get ur money in first and give decision to them.
  • edited December 2009
    i would have folded  m8 6 to go puting aa or kk  and your not there to win it badboy
  • edited December 2009

You got the perfect outcome, but not in the convential way. U have QQ blind on blind? the idea here when its folded to u is to get all the money in ASAP, I dnt care what tourny/structure it is.

When blind on blind, think of it as a straight heads up match, ignore the people who have folded round to u, theyre irrelevant.

Wud u EVER fold QQ in a heads up match? no

The advantage with raising here, rather than calling, is you give the other bloke the decision. What if he has king 2, checks n the flop comes king high? Ud be posting the hand cursing ur luck.

ur ahead with QQ against ak anyway, but getting the chips in first gives u an extra 5% chance of winning the hand against AK, and an even bigger advantage against random cards, which is what hes holding in ur head.

This example wud have worked out like it did whataver play u made, but in the future, pot control pre flop with QQ Heads Up, goes out the window.

GL, DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    always raise, yes you need to survive but you cant survive without chips, so earn some and shove :)