You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Three volunteers needed.

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi guys,

There is a new tournament format we are running this evening at 7.45pm called 'Roll Back' which we'd like three of you to critique in some depth after, if possible. A bit more than a 'I liked it' - we'd like someone to talk through the structure, how it played, etc etc.

First three to post in this thread will be our MTT guinea pigs. Who's up for it?

Comments

• ckdckd
    edited February 2013
  • ckdckd
    edited February 2013

just looked at the game looks like it will be very fun 
  • edited February 2013
    meh. out. lolllllllllllllllll 2 places left still. tried to delete my post, thanks for replying ckd. 
  • edited February 2013
  • edited February 2013
    iF ITS FREE ENTRY I'M GAME LOL
  • edited February 2013
    We need ready and willing volunteers, cleansweep - you in or not? ;)
  • ckdckd
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Three volunteers needed.:
    iF ITS FREE ENTRY I'M GAME LOL
    Posted by cleansweep
    lol in that case im happy to do a rewiew on all the wsop games 

wink wink 
  • edited February 2013
    Can do it without playing!

Standard turbo for xxxx then turn it into a normal game.

Good idea, but you're taking it and trying to change it when it doesn't need changing. 

The big site has already done all the testing for you/us.  Just copy them! It works! 

:)
  • edited February 2013
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    talk st8 moron
  • edited February 2013
  • edited February 2013
    Im in - Squeek! Squeek!
  • edited February 2013
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    in please
  • ckdckd
    edited February 2013

sky dave messaged you

• edited February 2013
    hi tis me,

Playing it now, change the name to rollercoaster

turbo - to deep stack - to turbo

quick - slow - quick

madness - hour in - started with add on with 120 bb
    now have 20 bb, same size stack 11,000 ish - chip leader has 22,000

so it's now break, 20:55 and we have 20bb 8/17

one good thing is you really have to know how to play your stack size, because it changes so quickly
    start with add on and you have a nice stack, then it speeds up and your stack shrinks
    you can't really survive first section without a double up and continue versus bigger stacks

tis fun though, should be over by 10pm

9:05 blinds go up now very fast, chip leader 20bb
    get em in time for everyone

out - starts off as a turbo, tricks you into thinking it's a deep stack then the blinds go up so fast it turn into a super turbo

basically shove em in before add on and shove em in towards the end

Honestly I don't really get it

• ckdckd
    edited February 2013
    hi tis me, Playing it now, change the name to rollercoaster turbo - to deep stack - to turbo quick - slow - quick madness
    Posted by rancid
    total different to me then i found it very slow for the 1st 10 levels 
  • edited February 2013
    I have played the 5,4,3,2,1 S&G Tournies so this little bit of experiece helped.

I didn't panic and I didn't worry too much about the Blind levels speeding up too much. My thought was....as long as I can keep my starting stack level until the Add on period, then I would be in good shape when the blind levels rolled back.

I did get a little short toward the add on period, but just kept thinking...make it to the add on period and we are back on an even keal. So I scraped into the add on period and went in after the break with just under 7K

I think its easy to panic in the first few levels, but there really is no need. The structure up until the add on period was really no hassle at all. Once you make it to there and the blind levels are reduced again, then the rest of the tourney plays similar to a turbo.

I finished in 9th place from 42 starters but only 6 placed paid, so didn't quite make it into the cash. Really enjoyed it though.

Got short stacked towards the end and blinds were 1000/2000 - here is my exit hand, which was a little unlucky, but thats the way it goes.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    karlluke Small blind  1000.00 1000.00 19388.75
    richie0710 Big blind  2000.00 3000.00 14445.00
     Your hole cards
    • A

POKERTREV All-in  2790.00 5790.00 0.00
    skicowboys Fold     
    jumbofish Fold     
    karlluke Fold     
    richie0710 Call  790.00 6580.00 13655.00
    richie0710 Show
    • K

POKERTREV Show
    • A

Flop

• A
    • K

Turn

River

richie0710 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 4s 6580.00  20235.00

• edited February 2013
    twas a bit like playing two turbos

if you surive the first turbo, then your looking at starting the next one with 100-160bb depending how you faired in the previous turbo

So if you do start the next turbo with 140bb, you think "nice stack" then the blind go up fast

didn't really see the point of it all really, may awell just play one turbo or change the blinds after the add on so it plays more standard - add on is just bloating the money to be won.

Because after the add on the blind go up so fast, even you have secured a nice big stack before the add on it really doesn't help you after the add on. Even though I thought, ok right so get big stack and then play some pokers after the add on. It didn't pan out that way, started after add on with 140bb - so I thought ok lets play some pokers. But no the blinds go up way too fast )

If you make the first half turbo and then flatten the 2nd half then it's more of an incentive to take a big stack into the 2nd half with the bloated money pot. As Pokertrev states above most people were just trying to make it to add on. So havign the turbo first really does nothing unless you speed up the blinds, it plays more like a sat.

At the moment the add on means nothing, you may aswell just go play another turbo.