You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What do you do heads up, with Q 7 on a 9 10 j Flop?

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Heads up in the BB, Q 7, opponent calls.

Flop 9 10 J Rainbow.

Opponent bets out min bet, 6k, we both have about 60k each (opponent had me covered by 1k!)

Blinds are 3k 6k.

What do you do?

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Fold or shove id never call only got 10Bbs
  • edited February 2013
    Who was bb what was action pre?
  • edited February 2013
    Im BB, opponent call, I check.
  • edited February 2013
    Oh i see he limped in and you were bb.  Jam pre with 10 bigs hes not going to be limping in trapping us enough of the time which makes it a profitable shove with q7.
  • edited February 2013

lol ok no sweat, but on that board. The way it played out. What would you do, fold to th 6k raise?

• edited February 2013
    Its really awkward on the flop as it smashes his range so hard.  Im definately not calling as we dont have the stack to play down the streets with 10 bigs.  I think id probly jam on the flop but the reason its awkward is because it smashes his range and your probly going to get called.  Thats why you should just jam pre when he limps in like this as you will get it through most of the time and even when your called your not going to be that much of a dog.  Our queen here is good enough to jam in this spot.
  • edited February 2013
    Cheers. My thinking was this guy was massive chip leader 3 handed, it played out 3 handed for about 1 hour, chips gettin passed about, during this time I had seen opponent limp in with aces twice!

I had went all in 3 times to steal the blinds, and won an all in to get about equal on chips. Then this hand happened. When he just calls, it's so hard to put him on a hand, so thought best option is 2 call, see if i hit the flop, then I can win it that way.

I never even considered shoving pre cause if he had any King and Ace i would need to hit and be well behind.

Tho, you are spot on I should have shoved pre, in this case it would have got through, im pretty sure.

I wouldnt even have considered shoving here, until you mentioned it.

He had 10 3, I shoved to his raise, i know if he calls im behind. But still have maybe a 35%-40% chance.

Pair of 10s held, Cheers for the feedback