You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Stalwarts on Sky poker

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat

One of a few reasons Craig TBH.....

Thick skinned/not banned yet/I actually work for sky but dont tell anyone/sucker for punishment/one day I will run like TommyD and win big.

I hope you are well Sir....not seen you around for a while.

Comments

• edited February 2013
    In answer to threads of where have they gone, I would like to address the balance and ask who are the stalwarts on Sky, who no matter what are always on the tables and in the forum.

I have many names in my head who have came and went, many friends who have left, but there are a few in my 4 or 5 years who are always in the forum or on the tables. The TPT capt and obv hitsquad capt, maxally, greghogg, scousered, etc to name but a few.

I often wonder why do they endure where others leave? 
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Stalwarts on Sky poker:
    One of a few reasons Craig TBH..... Thick skinned/not banned yet/I actually work for sky but dont tell anyone/sucker for punishment/one day I will run like TommyD and win big. I hope you are well Sir....not seen you around for a while.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    lol thick skinned yes, work for sky, eh no, sucker for punishment yep, run like TommyD, in your dreams.  I,m good mate, been on my hols for 4 weeks in the sunshine and am feeling fantastic
  • edited February 2013
    these threads do not usually last to long

barnsie for me was a great mentor a few years back but has gone without a trace 

• edited February 2013
    these threads do not usually last to long barnsie for me was a great mentor a few years back but has gone without a trace 
    Posted by bugaloo
    Agree, many good peeps have just dissappeared.  I know myself that most of the changes Sky have made to tournaments and S&G do not suit all, including myself, so it is understandable that players seek pastures new, or just stop playing altogether for other reasons.  Yet the stalwarts are there week in week out, year in year out.  They do not always agree with Sky policies or tournament structures, and to their credit are not shy in voicing their opinions.  Sky may not value their opinions the majority of the time, but they remain loyal to the site.

• edited February 2013

Been here pretty much from start.

Seen lots of changes.

Made priority club 42 months in a row. Is that a record Sky? Surely I deserve something.

Seen lots of players come and go, its really tough playing well every week/month/year.

• edited February 2013
    Been here pretty much from start. Seen lots of changes. Made priority club 42 months in a row. Is that a record Sky? Surely I deserve something. Seen lots of players come and go, its really tough playing well every week/month/year.
    Posted by ajs4385
    42 months in a row, wow!  Do you ever take a holiday?  Maybe Sky could pay for a holiday to Vegas for you.
  • edited February 2013
    I haven't been here from the start but I am coming up to 2 years and it's been mostly enjoyable. I can't say I'm surprised that the names you mentioned 67 have been here from the beginning they seem to be the names that make the most contributions in one way or another whether it's in the forums or with DTD or just being down right friendly. It becomes more than just playing poker that keeps some people here. And maybe in another 2 years I will be considered a stalwart too.
  • edited February 2013
    I haven't been here from the start but I am coming up to 2 years and it's been mostly enjoyable. I can't say I'm surprised that the names you mentioned 67 have been here from the beginning they seem to be the names that make the most contributions in one way or another whether it's in the forums or with DTD or just being down right friendly. It becomes more than just playing poker that keeps some people here. And maybe in another 2 years I will be considered a stalwart too.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Your already a stalwart in my books Dale.  You have more posts in 2 years than I have, and your hard work as VC of TPT is most appreciated.
  • edited February 2013
    I only started playing poker about 1 and half years ago, and only recently had a look in at the Forums.

It's a cracking crowd, Lambert180 and GaryQQQ are brilliant with their diaries, and showing their progress. It's epic Gary's challenge to turn 1000 poker points into 1000 pound, pure brilliant.

Also, bearlythere and borinloner are always posting advice on hands in the pokerforum. I've only really really used pokerchat, and pokerhelp.
  • edited February 2013
    I have been on here since the start except around 30 days............... made a vowel at the start that I would deposit and would leave when I hit zero, got real close in the first month.....(one buy in).. But hit the cash in the open for around £47, and have never been that close since, I play for fun and it's not my money, as I have taken out more than I ever put in...
  • edited February 2013
    1)  The legend of my personal rungood is vastly overstated.

2)  People come and go from both online poker rooms and forums.  Always has been the case and will probably be forever more.  And from this you always get some who last for what seems like an age, but anyone anytime can just decide 'I'm done.'

3)  Downswings chip away at you, if not in terms of your roll but your love of the game.  I could name dozens of good players on here who just got to a point where they thought 'I'm done with poker, I don't want to do it anymore.'  Also people find other sites or other interests to spend their money on.

As Bruce and his Range once said, that's just the way it is.
  • edited February 2013
    OP said- I often wonder why do they endure where others leave? 

A: Because I have no life. 

:)

• edited February 2013
    Seriously though...

I love the Sky Poker community to bits. It's the people that keep me here more than the poker. 

I play on other sites too, but Sky Poker is where i began my poker journey and I plan to stick around for some time yet.  There simply is not another site like it. 

• edited February 2013

I think that a lot of people move on to other sites.
    Partly because they outgrow SkyPoker due to the relatively small selection of MTT's and SNG's or they are capable of making bigger profits elsewhere.
  • edited February 2013
    Nah   if we  spoke the truth  we would all ge a ban   but here goes.  Sky is recreational , the RNG does not support good poker play . Sorry i tell as i see.
  • edited February 2013
    I have mentioned this on other thread but belive from what a lot of people have said to me the bounty hunter format has encouraged a very large numbers of gamblers to sky rather then poker players.

The rest is as Tommy said and I for one will vouch that the saying I wish I run as good as tommy is a myth that I personaly think tommy put out there years ago and has come back to bite him :)