You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

thoughts please....

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Primo hand...villain had been very active, opening lots of hands.

My call on the flop looks (and prob is) bad but the villain had shut up shop a lot when faced with some resistance, I called to see what he would do on the turn but the more I think about it now the worse it looks lol

Anyway we get to the river and I'm faced with this spot...the villain almost ran the clock down before shoving, the flush is out there but is it still a call?? Should I have checked the river? 
El_Queeffo Small blind  200.00 200.00 4940.00
waller02 Big blind  400.00 600.00 14708.75
 Your hole cards
  • A

ChirpyChip Fold     
Raise  998.00 1598.00 13626.75
TWISTED290 Fold     
Barrie26 Fold     
El_Queeffo Fold     
waller02 Call  598.00 2196.00 14110.75
Flop

• Q
  • J

waller02 Check     
Bet  1400.00 3596.00 12226.75
waller02 Call  1400.00 4996.00 12710.75
Turn

waller02 Check     
Check     
River

• K

waller02 Bet  3600.00 8596.00 9110.75
xAll-in  12226.75 20822.75 0.00
waller02 ?

Comments

• edited February 2013
    call.

Dont like your call on the flop though.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: thoughts please....:
    call. Dont like your call on the flop though.
    Posted by sighcall
    I don't like it either lol......I explained my thinking at the time but yeah it was a mistake
  • edited February 2013
    yea defo bwt the river.. but that is a horrible spot... id hate to fold but raley think u get shown anythin but the nuts.. still have 20bb which is very playable so id bet/fold 
  • edited February 2013
    Bet fold fiver there, smells abit from the check back on the flop. Are you betting that river regardless? If not fold the flop
  • edited February 2013
    Bet fold fiver there, smells abit from the check back on the flop. Are you betting that river regardless? If not fold the flop
    Posted by Batkin88
    agree that foldin flop is best, however bettin the river regardless would be wrong as we have showdown value as Ahigh could be the best hand.. 
  • edited February 2013

I think because of his posistion pre flop it is unlikely e hold the best hand after that flop hence why I feel you should be betting the river or atleast raising the turn. However I can see your side just don't think you will be ahead the majority of the time with AT off here

• edited February 2013
    I think your call on the flop is fine providing were not just calling to hit the king.  If opponant bets turn again id fold most of the time and if he checks we can take a stab at it on the river.  I think you have to call river he can have a set here a lot of the time it seems strange that he wouldnt bet his flush on the turn in order to get stacks in on the river so i think you have to call.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: thoughts please.... : agree that foldin flop is best, however bettin the river regardless would be wrong as we have showdown value as Ahigh could be the best hand.. 
    Posted by LnarinOO
    my whole line was wrong by the sounds of it lol

The villain had opened lots of hands, and shut up shop when shown resistance so I wanted to see what he would have done on the turn (if he bets again I fold and if he checks then I was betting the river).

This was the first time I had taken this line, but I feel it's all wrong???? I guess it's easier if I'm the one with position.....if I'm going to take a stand then would a c/r on the flop have been better, or even 3 bet pre then lead out on the flop???

Basically I have butchered this hand haven't I lol...........I couldn't even find the fold on the river and he had the nuts.........frustrating, just shows how one mistake can ruin it :( haha
  • edited February 2013

This is why 99% of the time I stick to ABC..........I aint got many moves and they are normally badly timed!!!