You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i have just folded this hand

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic

with me having 15K chips was i right to call this or could i have waited for an A

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BOUNCY497 Small blind  600.00 600.00 12139.00
cottweiler Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 24869.75
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • Q

Adicts89 Fold     
meledor Fold     
craigcu12 Raise  3600.00 5400.00 12115.50
alfarch30 Fold     
BOUNCY497 Fold     
cottweiler All-in  24869.75 30269.75 0.00
craigcu12 All-in  12115.50 42385.25 0.00
cottweiler Unmatched bet  10354.25 32031.00 10354.25
cottweiler Show
  • J
  • A

craigcu12 Show
  • J
  • Q

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

• A

cottweiler Win Pair of Aces 32031.00  42385.25

Comments

• edited February 2013
    with like 13 BB just look to shove pre 
  • edited February 2013
    Fold or min raise pre and fold to the shove.  IMO you just have the stack to min raise fold once.  NEVER open shove 13 bb into an unopened pot.  You will only get called by better 
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: should i have just folded this hand:
    Fold or min raise pre and fold to the shove.  IMO you just have the stack to min raise fold once.  NEVER open shove 13 bb into an unopened pot.  You will only get called by better 
    Posted by cenachav
    This is exactly what you shouldn't be doing. 

Shove or fold pre. In an MTT with antes its an auto shove from the c/o, without them its closer but probably still profitable. Once you open your calling it off all day long.
  • edited February 2013
    Posted by cenachav

completly wrong, anythin less than 15BB should be jus shoving pre !!!
  • edited February 2013
    You def cannot raise fold, going on your posistion you can shove but I prefer a fold tbh But shoving or folding is fine.
  • edited February 2013
    You def cannot raise fold, going on your posistion you can shove but I prefer a fold tbh But shoving or folding is fine.
    Posted by Batkin88
    You cant fold the cutoff unopened with qj folding would be bad.  

Yes with your stack size just jam pre.

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: should i have just folded this hand : You cant fold the cutoff unopened with qj folding would be bad.   Yes with your stack size just jam pre.
    Posted by bearlyther
    If you are not happy to get it in with QJ then a fold is correct, ofcourse you can fold here. If there was antes in play and 9 max maybe not but not on a 6 max with no antes you have plenty of play left
  • edited February 2013
    Folding is crazy perfect spot to jam this is how people fold down to 5 bigs when they miss spots like this with 13 bigs unopened in the cutoff my chips are going in here all day long good game if i bust i did the right thing.
  • edited February 2013

your risking 13bigs to win 1 and a half. You are never getting called by worse and are praying for a race if called. You have 3 orbits before this play is necessary

• edited February 2013
    i agree that foldin would be bad .. with anythin less than 15bb i would be jammin the top 13% of hands.. and be happy to get the hand
  • edited February 2013
    your risking 13bigs to win 1 and a half. You are never getting called by worse and are praying for a race if called. You have 3 orbits before this play is necessary
    Posted by Batkin88
    I disagree at this stage of a tourney we should know how to manage a stack size and our calling and shoving ranges.  QJ in the cutoff is a shove.
  • edited February 2013
    Lol this could go back and forth all night but I have work in the morning. I am not saying it's 100% wrong as everyone playes different but for me it is never a shove. For the reason that you are never getting it in ahead and your stack is playable. If you are shoving QJ here are you shoving QT, JT, A4, A3, A2 or is QJ the bottom of your range? The thing is by shoving here and Ace is calling most high kings KQ, KJ and and PP so you are not gaining enough for the risk. If there had been a raise prior then shoving as a squeeze is great but not open shoving.
  • edited February 2013
    Lol this could go back and forth all night but I have work in the morning. I am not saying it's 100% wrong as everyone playes different but for me it is never a shove. For the reason that you are never getting it in ahead and your stack is playable. If you are shoving QJ here are you shoving QT, JT, A4, A3, A2 or is QJ the bottom of your range? The thing is by shoving here and Ace is calling most high kings KQ, KJ and and PP so you are not gaining enough for the risk. If there had been a raise prior then shoving as a squeeze is great but not open shoving.
    Posted by Batkin88
    Yep qj would be bottom of my range shoving all pairs qk,qj,kj,a10+

I would fold the hand if it was raised before me i wouldnt 3 bet jam as we cant expect any fold equity so shoving as a squeeze would be bad id rather shove a trash hand like j4 blind on blind than to 3 bet jam qj with no fold equity.